Greatowl University [Fantasy RP]

Knight of Iron

Tuncay walked into the dorm building, slipping unnoticed (he hoped) past the two boys in the commons area and finding his way to room 304. He plopped onto the first bed, pulling a textbook from his bag and starting to read it.

I may or may not have drawn him last night till like...1:30. He looks more cocky than I imagine him, but the actual features are pretty accurate.

Spoiler

PXL_20220520_001002893.thumb.jpg.5265978118fd257fb0fed3260ef2fe0f.jpg

Ilia dragged her baggage out of the bus, the wheels were a blessing but they didn't make it any less awkward to move around. Once she was on the sidewalk she gave a quick thanks to the driver and turned to open the small cage she had tied on top of her suitcase, letting Pinky out. The small mouse flied around frantically, clearly sick of being inside such a small space. Ilia didn't like having to lock him up for so long, but there was no way he could keep up with the bus.

At least he was out now. She was then free to focus on the place she had just arrived to. Greatowl University, at last. That failed entrance exam, and in consequence a year of self-study after graduation had been worth it, she was finally here. Her dad had wanted to drive her here, but she wanted to take this first step into the world on her own, and it felt good. She enjoyed the moment and started walking toward the school.

"Let's see, what was it?" she unfolded the piece of paper where she had made some notes "Silk Hall? Alright. Now where is that?" she probably should have looked for a map of some sort, she had clearly underestimated the size of this place.

After entering the wrong dorm twice, one of them a boys dorm which earned her a scolding, Ilia finally got to Silk Hall. She made a mental note of how to get to the place. Her dorm was virtually identical to the rest but she was bound to learn which one it was if she went in and out of it enough times, hopefully. It was honestly a really nice place, the bottom floor looked like some kind of community area, for students to hang out. There was also a kitchen there. Hopefully her practice would be enough for her not to miss her parents' cooking too much.

She finally was faced with a choice, going up by the stairs or the elevator. Her mom always said you should leave elevators alone in case someone who actually needs them shows up, but... "I'm sorry, mom. You could say I need it." She wasn't dragging the suitcase through the stairs.

Are you still looking for a roommate? @Knight of Iron

Ope I forgot to include my pet in my post. Pretend I said Tuncay carried Aspen, his jackalope, into the room. 

Tuncay stroked Aspen as he read through the textbook, fully immersed in learning about Mind Harvesting and forming bonds.

Katie hopped off the bus with her many luggage bags. She never packed light. Fortunately, her dragon, Kat, was fairly strong and could carry a bag or two for her. Katie lugged her bags toward Silk Hall since that seemed to be one of the more popular buildings. 

After climbing to the top of the stairs, she found an empty room and dropped her stuff. 

Kat dropped the bags on the floor and plopped onto an empty bed. 

"Guess that bed is ours." Katie noted. "Although, we might have the whole room to ourselves if we're lucky." Katie looked around the room. "Oh, good, gosh, I brought too much stuff didn't I?"

She started unpacking.

Edited by Isabelle6060

On 5/19/2022 at 6:54 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Uh... yeah, actually. I'm in 304." Enshao stood. "You're right across the hall."

Jared looked to see down the hall where Enshao was pointing.

”oh, thanks” Jared said and walked down the hall scanning each number as he passed. He found his dorm and slipped inside.

@Trutharchivist is your character in the room already?

Edited by Emery the Steelrunner

47 minutes ago, Emery the Steelrunner said:

@Trutharchivist is your character in the room already?

Apparently, it was on the second floor. He lifted the suitcase up the stairs, found his room, and placed his suitcase on the bed to the right from the door. He then sat on the bed, shot a quick look on his watch, pulled a history book from his suitcase and started reading. He was the first to arrive at the room. - Trutharchivist's character

I would say so.

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

Yes, I am! I set Tessa to where her roommate could just walk in on her setting up a few kitchen things.

Cool! I'll enter the room then.

Ilia got out of the elevator and looked at the piece of paper again. Room 17. That would be her new home. Rooms were shared and hers would probably be no exception. She took a deep breath when she got to the door and stopped a moment to prepare to meet her new roommate.

She tried to open the door, it didn't move an inch. There was a small space next to the doorknob to swipe a card. "Oh, right." Ilia dug into her suitcase, looking for the ID they had sent her along with her acceptance letter. She unlocked the door and got in.

The room looked nice. Judging by the number of doors inside there were individual bedrooms. The main room was empty save for some basic furniture. A table, two chairs, a couple shelves. Yeah, she could see herself living here. She also had been the second one to arrive. There was another girl with dark blue hair unpacking some things.

"Uh, hi." she started. "I'm Ilia, I guess we're both in the same room?"

On 5/20/2022 at 2:53 AM, The Unknown Novel said:

Want them to be roommates?

Sorry, busy day yesterday, but sure!

Sylvia steeped off the bus with a flood of other new students and their parents. Parents, willing to take a whole bus ride just to see their child off at school? She had to admit she was a little jealous. She slung her bag over her shoulder and glanced at the surrounding signage, pinpointing the way to Korolai. 
She took a moment to breath in the fresh air after freeing herself from the mingling crowd and took off toward her dorm.

Genoro stepped into the doom room, unlocking the door with the key card his mistress had given him. He towed the luggage inside, arranging the things in exactly the way his mistress liked, or as similar as it could get in this dorm. Genoro then went downstairs to accompany his mistress to her room, but he ran into someone. 

@JesterLavorre

Edited by The Unknown Novel

14 hours ago, Emery the Steelrunner said:

Jared looked to see down the hall where Enshao was pointing.

”oh, thanks” Jared said and walked down the hall scanning each number as he passed. He found his dorm and slipped inside.

Yep, Isabelle got that right. I wasn't pinged, since pings in quote boxes don't work, but I noticed anyway.

Ben looked up, hearing the door opens. "Hello! I guess you're my roommate? I'm Ben Ze'evy, a freshman. You?"

1 minute ago, Emery the Steelrunner said:

“Oh, hi! I’m Jared Slipstream. I’m a freshman too.” He offered his hand to Ben, and said “Nice to meet you.”

Ben Shaked his hand. "Nice to meet you, too." He said. 

He hesitated for a minute, then said: "May I ask why you're wearing sunglasses? We're indoors, after all."

I'm going to assume he didn't remove them. It's related to him being a Falconiform Wanderer, right? Too sharp an eyesight or something?

1 hour ago, Trutharchivist said:

Ben Shaked his hand. "Nice to meet you, too." He said. 

He hesitated for a minute, then said: "May I ask why you're wearing sunglasses? We're indoors, after all."

@Trutharchivist You’re sort of right. He’s just fine with seeing in bright light, he’s just self conscious. Falcon eyes are almost pure black, and are really good at seeing in the day, but they don’t have very good night vision.

Jared sucked in a breath and said. “Oh, I’m a wanderer, and my eyes just look kind of weird.” 

Edited by Emery the Steelrunner

15 minutes ago, Emery the Steelrunner said:

Jared sucked in a breath and said. “Oh, I’m a wanderer, and my eyes just look kind of weird.” 

"Oh." Ben said. "It's fine. As you can probably see, I'm a Wanderer too." He giggled. "Sometimes people think I'm old because of that. I've seen some weird eyes, but I guess not all kinds. If you're more comfortable with them it's fine, though I'm guessing you're not going to sleep with them..."

12 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Oh." Ben said. "It's fine. As you can probably see, I'm a Wanderer too." He giggled. "Sometimes people think I'm old because of that. I've seen some weird eyes, but I guess not all kinds. If you're more comfortable with them it's fine, though I'm guessing you're not going to sleep with them..."

“Yeah you’re right,” Jared took the glasses off revealing his pure black eyes, and sat down on the empty bed “it’s just most people find them off putting.” 

20 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Ilia got out of the elevator and looked at the piece of paper again. Room 17. That would be her new home. Rooms were shared and hers would probably be no exception. She took a deep breath when she got to the door and stopped a moment to prepare to meet her new roommate.

She tried to open the door, it didn't move an inch. There was a small space next to the doorknob to swipe a card. "Oh, right." Ilia dug into her suitcase, looking for the ID they had sent her along with her acceptance letter. She unlocked the door and got in.

The room looked nice. Judging by the number of doors inside there were individual bedrooms. The main room was empty save for some basic furniture. A table, two chairs, a couple shelves. Yeah, she could see herself living here. She also had been the second one to arrive. There was another girl with dark blue hair unpacking some things.

"Uh, hi." she started. "I'm Ilia, I guess we're both in the same room?"

Tessa jumped, nearly dropping a dish, and whirled around, turning face to face with a draconic girl about her own age, with lavender hair.

"Hi!" she said nervously. "Looks like we are. Nice to meet you! I'm Tessa."

12 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Genoro stepped into the doom room, unlocking the door with the key card his mistress had given him. He towed the luggage inside, arranging the things in exactly the way his mistress liked, or as similar as it could get in this dorm. Genoro then went downstairs to accompany his mistress to her room, but he ran into someone. 

@JesterLavorre

“Oh, hello.” Sylvia pulled up to a halt. “I think you’re, um… in the wrong dorms?”

7 hours ago, Emery the Steelrunner said:

“Yeah you’re right,” Jared took the glasses off revealing his pure black eyes, and sat down on the empty bed “it’s just most people find them off putting.” 

"Yeah, I can see that happening." Said Ben. "People react weirdly go things they're not used to. May I ask what kind of Wanderer are you?" He added, curious.

Just wanted to say: the Wanderers were originally my species, as you probably saw in Knight's original message. They changed a bit for that RP, but some things still function. One if them is that each type of Wanderer had a Center, an idea that shaped their personality, that the animal they resembled symbolise. The wolfsons', for example, was longing, the Owlsons' was knowledge and the Rabbitsons' was intuition/Impulsiveness. You can just think up something quickly for falcons - there aren't really limits. I'm saying this because Ben might just raise the subject in a moment.

1 hour ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Yeah, I can see that happening." Said Ben. "People react weirdly go things they're not used to. May I ask what kind of Wanderer are you?" He added, curious.

“I’m from the Falconidae clan.” Jared said with a nod, “How about you?”

For the Falconidae center I was thinking that theirs could be freedom. They are willing to listen to advice, especially from their friends and family, but ultimately they believe that they’re in charge of their lives, and others should be in charge of their own.

They are pretty solitary. They still have friends, but it can be hard for them to ask for help with their problems.

1 minute ago, Emery the Steelrunner said:

“I’m from the Falconidae clan.” Jared said with a nod, “How about you?”

"Wolfson." Said Ben. "Mostly, at least - I think I have some Owlson blood, on my mother's side."

He hesitated. "So your eyes are falcon eyes? Raptor eyesight is amazing, don't the sunglasses... Get in the way a little? Though I understand not wanting to get odd looks."

When I thought of freedom as a Center, I thought that it might also lead to claustrophobia. What do you think?