Greatowl University [Fantasy RP]

Knight of Iron

2 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

“Yay” Katie jumped up and hugged Anmil. “We are gonna be the best of friends! And our dragons will be best friends too!”

Kat yawned and went back to sleep. 

”See? Kat is so excited to hang with Camie. Once you are done do you want to head to the cafeteria? Do you need help unpacking? I just got done unpacking my stuff.” 

Anmil looked somewhat akward. "Well, I'm almost done. I mostly brought books. And going to the cafeteria would be nice..."

On 24.5.2022 at 11:00 PM, Emery the Steelrunner said:

Jared saw a glint of disgust pass Ben’s face with the word outdated. “I didn’t mean that traditions are outdated, I’m just saying everyone has to choose their own path. Some choose contrary to the sayings of the past. That doesn’t make them outdated, just not right for everyone.” Jared said pausing for a bite.

“For you and me they work great, and we can recognize how they fit into our lives. Mine personally is still applicable today, so is yours, so is everyone’s. The thing is that one day everyone’s paths will be ancient lessons of wisdom; whether those lessons are cautionary tales, or stories of triumph is up to us.” Jared took a drink and went back to eating.

“Sorry for being an armchair philosopher Ben.” Jared said apologetically.

"What? Oh, no, I... I didn't mean to indicate you said that. I just meant... It's something I've heard before, as reasoning to 'why the ways of the past are bad'. It... Kind of annoys me."

He sighed, took another bite, and after swallowing it said: "And don't ever be sorry for philosophizing. History is my chosen subject, and philosophy does come into it."

He kept eating for a few moments, thoughtful.

"In a way," he said slowly, "you are right; the present becomes past, the past that must be known to view your future. The world is changing, and you can't help but change alongside it. It's the same with society as a whole and with specific people; we're all different people through out lives, but it's fine, as long as you remember all the people you used to be."

And now I'm quoting the Eleventh Doctor.

Someone help me! I insert random quotes to my RP posts? Should I stop? 

Edited by Trutharchivist

2 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

And now I'm quoting the Eleventh Doctor.

Someone help me! I insert random quotes to my RP posts? Should I stop? 

You're still doing better than me. I insert random references to Portal 2 and the Stormlight Archive in my D&D campaigns. None of the other players ever have any idea what I'm referencing.

8 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

You're still doing better than me. I insert random references to Portal 2 and the Stormlight Archive in my D&D campaigns. None of the other players ever have any idea what I'm referencing.

Ha. That's nice. I just checked, BTW, and obviously my Doctor Who quote isn't precise. Neither, for all it matters, is my previous quote. It's a translation, though, so it's a bit harder to judge.

6 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Me? I've a little bit of experience with cooking, but it's nothing special. I'll be spending my money and using my time as wisely as I can, here. Education, after all, is an investment! And this opportunity is not one I want to miss."

"Couldn't agree more." Ilia opened the door to her room. "Could you give me a moment?" she stepped through, it was a small room, but cozy enough. She hadn't brought anything with her beside the essentials, no posters, no figures, no plushies, she would fill this place from scratch, like an empty canvas. Once inside she walked to the window, opened it, and placed something she had pulled out of Pinky's cage on top of it. It was his food bowl, which she proceeded to fill. It would tell him where to land, once he was done stretching his wings.

She came out once again and smiled apologetically at Tessa. "Sorry about that, just preparing things for my pet mouse. Do you have any pets?"  she asked, taking the chance to start unpacking too.

36 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

"Couldn't agree more." Ilia opened the door to her room. "Could you give me a moment?" she stepped through, it was a small room, but cozy enough. She hadn't brought anything with her beside the essentials, no posters, no figures, no plushies, she would fill this place from scratch, like an empty canvas. Once inside she walked to the window, opened it, and placed something she had pulled out of Pinky's cage on top of it. It was his food bowl, which she proceeded to fill. It would tell him where to land, once he was done stretching his wings.

She came out once again and smiled apologetically at Tessa. "Sorry about that, just preparing things for my pet mouse. Do you have any pets?"  she asked, taking the chance to start unpacking too.

“Not yet—soon, though! I’ve enrolled in the Magical Creatures class, and I’m planning on maybe taking the next couple days to decide exactly on what. Dragons are pretty useful, I’ve heard, though a bit too take care of.”

She began looking around. “Where’s your mouse at?”

On 5/23/2022 at 2:29 PM, DramaQueen said:

Tuncay started, then slipped a bookmark in his book and, careful not to disturb Aspen, he stepped out of his room into the shared areas. "Hiya." He gave an awkward wave.

@Channelknight Fadran

@Channelknight Fadran

*poke*

5 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

Anmil looked somewhat akward. "Well, I'm almost done. I mostly brought books. And going to the cafeteria would be nice..."

Katie beamed and her rabbit ears perked up if that was even possible. 

“Great” Katie said

while proceeding to get her shoes, grab her bag, and put her baseball hat on that says I love bunnies that had holes for her ears. 

“Ready!” Katie raised her heels up and down, impatiently waiting for Anmil. 

5 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

“Not yet—soon, though! I’ve enrolled in the Magical Creatures class, and I’m planning on maybe taking the next couple days to decide exactly on what. Dragons are pretty useful, I’ve heard, though a bit too take care of.”

She began looking around. “Where’s your mouse at?”

"Oh, he's a winged mouse. I had to lock him up during the trip here so I don't think he'll want to come back for a while." Ilia said, setting aside some of her clothes, thinking about how much space she would need. "But a dragon? That's so cool! Magical Creatures did seem interesting, though since I have that little guy already, it seemed a bit overkill I guess. Do you have any plans in case you do get one? I'd probably get a bit too excited, I mean, who didn't want a dragon as a kid?!"

9 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

“Great” Katie said

while proceeding to get her shoes, grab her bag, and put her baseball hat on that says I love bunnies that had holes for her ears. 

Anmil finished unpacking and headed downstairs with Katie.

8 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

"Oh, he's a winged mouse. I had to lock him up during the trip here so I don't think he'll want to come back for a while." Ilia said, setting aside some of her clothes, thinking about how much space she would need. "But a dragon? That's so cool! Magical Creatures did seem interesting, though since I have that little guy already, it seemed a bit overkill I guess. Do you have any plans in case you do get one? I'd probably get a bit too excited, I mean, who didn't want a dragon as a kid?!"

Tessa nodded, eager. "I don't want one too old. A little baby dragon would be cute, though... not very powerful, but cute. Oh! Did ya know, dragons are theorized to have grown much, much larger in ancient history—and because of that, they might've been even more powerful and intelligent than humanoids, since they're the only beings capable of mastering two magic systems. And, speaking of... which magic class are ya taking?"

2 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Tessa nodded, eager. "I don't want one too old. A little baby dragon would be cute, though... not very powerful, but cute. Oh! Did ya know, dragons are theorized to have grown much, much larger in ancient history—and because of that, they might've been even more powerful and intelligent than humanoids, since they're the only beings capable of mastering two magic systems. And, speaking of... which magic class are ya taking?"

Ilia tried to imagine it. Giant, powerful, genius dragons. It sounded like something out of an rpg to be honest, she'd seen some characters like that. She'd assumed it was all fiction though. 

She shook her head back into focus, what had been the question? Her class, right. 

"Ah, sorry. I'm taking Enchanting, not any impressive reason or anything, I just thought making magic items sounded cool. I mean, I had to study like crazy to get in so now I know it for a fact. And hey, if I can get paid for it, there's no downside, right? What about you?"

She got up, taking her toothbrush and other bathroom stuff to the two washbasins by the corner. "And um, which side would you like?" 

On 5/23/2022 at 1:31 PM, The Unknown Novel said:

Genoro walked down the stairs until he reached the ground floor. He stepped out the door to find his mistress looking bored. He has expected to have to separate her and her mother. "Mistress." The girl had an angry light to her eyes.

"Have all my things been delivered?" 

"Yes, mistress."

"Let's go up then."

They used the elevator to reach the top floor. Genoro accompanied Instance until they reached her room. "I am sorry, mistress, but I must leave for my own rooms now." Genoro would have to sleep in the city as servants weren't given rooms in the dorms themselves. 

"Wait, I thought you were to stay with me?"

"I am not allowed, mistress. I will meet with you daily however."

She pursed her lips. "Very well. Good day, Genoro." She entered the room and gasped at how small it was, quickly followed by another gasp when she saw someone else in the room. "I have to share this abysmally small room with someone else"

@JesterLavorre

@JesterLavorre

On 5/24/2022 at 4:31 AM, The Unknown Novel said:

Genoro walked down the stairs until he reached the ground floor. He stepped out the door to find his mistress looking bored. He has expected to have to separate her and her mother. "Mistress." The girl had an angry light to her eyes.

"Have all my things been delivered?" 

"Yes, mistress."

"Let's go up then."

They used the elevator to reach the top floor. Genoro accompanied Instance until they reached her room. "I am sorry, mistress, but I must leave for my own rooms now." Genoro would have to sleep in the city as servants weren't given rooms in the dorms themselves. 

"Wait, I thought you were to stay with me?"

"I am not allowed, mistress. I will meet with you daily however."

She pursed her lips. "Very well. Good day, Genoro." She entered the room and gasped at how small it was, quickly followed by another gasp when she saw someone else in the room. "I have to share this abysmally small room with someone else"

@JesterLavorre

“Hmm?” Sylvia glanced up as her roommate entered, and managed to spy the form of Genoro making his may back down the hall. So this was the person who had a personal servant just to arrange their things for them. Sylvia stood and looked the girl up and down. “Hi.” She paused for a moment, unsure what to say next. Gods, I hope the whole year isn’t like this. “I’m Sylvia, What’s you’re name?”

8 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Ilia tried to imagine it. Giant, powerful, genius dragons. It sounded like something out of an rpg to be honest, she'd seen some characters like that. She'd assumed it was all fiction though. 

She shook her head back into focus, what had been the question? Her class, right. 

"Ah, sorry. I'm taking Enchanting, not any impressive reason or anything, I just thought making magic items sounded cool. I mean, I had to study like crazy to get in so now I know it for a fact. And hey, if I can get paid for it, there's no downside, right? What about you?"

She got up, taking her toothbrush and other bathroom stuff to the two washbasins by the corner. "And um, which side would you like?" 

"The right side, if you don't mind," Tessa said. "Enchanting, that's fun! I'm going to be doing Mind Harvesting; learning to probe the minds of those around me and stuff. I'm interested in journalism, and it might come in handy. Plus, well, the constructs themselves might come in handy."

Tessa zipped up her empty suitcase and rolled it into her room, then took a seat at the tiny table in the room. "Sorry, I'm exhausted. I've been in the car all day."

20 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

“Hmm?” Sylvia glanced up as her roommate entered, and managed to spy the form of Genoro making his may back down the hall. So this was the person who had a personal servant just to arrange their things for them. Sylvia stood and looked the girl up and down. “Hi.” She paused for a moment, unsure what to say next. Gods, I hope the whole year isn’t like this. “I’m Sylvia, What’s you’re name?”

The look on her face faded slightly. "I'm Instance." She looked around. "Do they expect us to cook?" Instance enjoyed cooking, well, not with meat, but otherwise she found it enjoyable. 

On 25/5/2022 at 6:19 PM, Knight of Iron said:

"The right side, if you don't mind," Tessa said. "Enchanting, that's fun! I'm going to be doing Mind Harvesting; learning to probe the minds of those around me and stuff. I'm interested in journalism, and it might come in handy. Plus, well, the constructs themselves might come in handy."

Tessa zipped up her empty suitcase and rolled it into her room, then took a seat at the tiny table in the room. "Sorry, I'm exhausted. I've been in the car all day."

"No, I get it. No matter how comfy the seats, after a couple hours they become torture all the same. I'm just glad my bus did a few rest stops on the way." she carried her last bundle of clothes to one of the drawers in her room and came back. "I never thought about using Mind Harvesting that way though. In my mind they looked like, I don't know, psychics? I don't think I actually gave much thought about how people used that. It sounds cool to be honest." 

Ilia looked down at her suitcase, she was just about done too. With her clothes at least, she could deal with the other stuff later. It hadn't been a lot of work but between that and the trip she felt tired too. I could use a drink. 

She started pulling a small bag of coffee and a can of her favorite tea, berries, out of her suitcase. An entire portion of it dedicated to drinks and snacks. She blushed a bit, wondering if it was weird to be carrying the stuff around, but she needed these things to function properly. A good stash was essential until she figured out how and where to do her shopping around here.

"Would you like some coffee? Tea?" Ilia asked, more quietly than she intended. She was a bit embarrassed that she was already showing one of her house habits to a girl she had just met. She would have to get used to that. 

On 24.5.2022 at 11:15 PM, Trutharchivist said:

"What? Oh, no, I... I didn't mean to indicate you said that. I just meant... It's something I've heard before, as reasoning to 'why the ways of the past are bad'. It... Kind of annoys me."

He sighed, took another bite, and after swallowing it said: "And don't ever be sorry for philosophizing. History is my chosen subject, and philosophy does come into it."

"In a way," he said slowly, "you are right; the present becomes past, the past that must be known to view your future. The world is changing, and you can't help but change alongside it. It's the same with society as a whole and with specific people; we're all different people through out lives, but it's fine, as long as you remember all the people you used to be."

Umm... Emery, are you going to respond to this? It's been 3 days. I guess it's not a lot, but I thought you might've missed it. 

@Emery the Steelrunner

On 5/24/2022 at 2:15 PM, Trutharchivist said:

Sorry for not responding earlier. I’ve had a few finals and final projects, and I forgot about this RP as it was lost in the sea of work.

“It is always good to remember the past, you need to remember.” Jared said nodding. 

“Are you worried about learning necromancy?” Jared asked, “I heard that you get haunted pretty easily if you aren’t careful.”

On 5/27/2022 at 3:34 AM, The Unknown Novel said:

The look on her face faded slightly. "I'm Instance." She looked around. "Do they expect us to cook?" Instance enjoyed cooking, well, not with meat, but otherwise she found it enjoyable. 

“Depends on what you would define as ‘cooking’. Anyway, I expect there must be restaurants nearby if needed. Why? Do you know how to cook?”

On 27.5.2022 at 6:28 PM, Emery the Steelrunner said:

“It is always good to remember the past, you need to remember.” Jared said nodding. 

“Are you worried about learning necromancy?” Jared asked, “I heard that you get haunted pretty easily if you aren’t careful.”

Oh, right! When you're not at school, it's easy to forget about things like finals. Sorry!

"Contacting spirits is my purpose in doing that." Said Ben. "I'm sure I can deal with a few... Weird dreams. I don't think I'll have much trouble."

On 5/24/2022 at 9:37 PM, Isabelle6060 said:

“Great” Katie said

Um, it's been a while and you haven't replied, so I'm posting again.

Anmil finished unpacking and headed downstairs with Katie.