Greatowl University [Fantasy RP]

Knight of Iron

The man chuckled. "Better than being late. It's okay. I was just about to set this place up anyway."

He stepped back into a side office for a second then returned with a flimsy plastic green table cover, which he then draped over the desk. He pulled up a cheap wooden chair behind it then sat down, rifling through some papers. He glanced at Enshao. "I'll need your name and your age so I can find you."

The man took it, looked it over, sighed at seeing the doodles, and slid it back without saying anything. "Well, when your group leader actually gets here, you'll be in Group D. Your leader will guide you through the orientation process. Here, take a sticker so you don't forget."

He handed over a white sticker with a D on it.

"Your group will meet together in the field outside. Wait for them there. Go."

If he goes outside, there are stands set in the field with different letters of the alphabet on it.

Sorry I'm a bit late.

Anmil rolled out of bed and rooted around in their bags. Sure enough, there it was: Quality elven tea. Today was orientation day, and Anmil would gladly use their stash of  vasoconstrictors to make sure that they were fully awake during the tour.

Orientation. Great. 

It wasn't that Tuncay hated the idea of orientation, it was just that he hated the idea of all the people that would be there. Still, it was important to go. He slipped out of the apartment and got in line to check in.

45 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Orientation. Great. 

It wasn't that Tuncay hated the idea of orientation, it was just that he hated the idea of all the people that would be there. Still, it was important to go. He slipped out of the apartment and got in line to check in.

Students began to trickle in as the time approached. The line was moving pretty fast.

The man looked Tuncay up and down. “Got a Student ID?”

Instance looked over at the clock on the desk. She moved to snooze it before properly taking in the time, but missed. Unfortunately, missing meant realizing that the clock read 7:13. She moaned and sat up, turning off the alarm. She dressed herself didn't bother messing with her elfin hair, which was still mostly straight. She stepped out her rooms door.

@JesterLavorre

Edited by The Unknown Novel

1 hour ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Instance looked over at the clock on the desk. She moved to snooze it before properly taking in the time, but missed. Unfortunately, missing meant realizing that the clock read 7:13. She moaned and sat up, turning off the alarm. She dressed herself didn't bother messing with her elfin hair, which was still mostly straight. She stepped out her rooms door.

@JesterLavorre

Sylvia had already been up for an hour before Instance woke, running through her morning routine. Eating, washing, stretching. She considered waking the other girl, but decided against it. I don’t want her angry at me already.

Promptly at 6:45, Sylvia quietly slipped out her and Instance’s door and made her way to orientation.

6 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Students began to trickle in as the time approached. The line was moving pretty fast.

The man looked Tuncay up and down. “Got a Student ID?”

Tuncay nodded, pulling it out of his pocket and presenting it to the man.

Idk if the man is taking them or just looking at them, hence the use of the word "presenting," as it can mean showing or offering. 

I felt that that needed an explanation because "presenting" felt somewhat excessively fancy.

Ilia stared at the alarm clock she had knocked over with her pillow. 7:23. Right, it's orientation day. She had no time for breakfast then, not like she had any food either. It was a great start for a day already.

She got dressed as quickly as she could and left her bed undone. No time for that. She did grab a few cookies before stepping out. No actual food in the kitchen yet so snacks would have to do for now. Tessa had probably been more responsible than her as Ilia saw no sign of her. Stopping at the door she looked at her wristwatch. 7:27 now. She stepped out and started running, still yawning.

Not godmodding or anything, just assuming that Tessa left with a little more than 3 minutes to spare.

10 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

Tuncay nodded, pulling it out of his pocket and presenting it to the man.

The man took it, examined it, rifled through his papers, then gave it back, handing him a sticker. "Ah. Group D."

14 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

Promptly at 6:45, Sylvia quietly slipped out her and Instance’s door and made her way to orientation.

12 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

At 6:45, still sipping the remaining tea, Anmil walked into orientation.

10 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

She stepped out and started running, still yawning.

Hmm. I think this was poor planning on my part. You'll all have pretty much the same experience with the man, and for RP meeting-people purposes everyone here is going to go into Group D. I now realize it feels a bit redundant to RP every single interaction individually, so y'all can make your way over to Group D if you'd like and interact with people who're there. Then I'll get the Group Leader to show up and that'll be more interesting than this lol.

32 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Sorry, I’m here.

Jared started to stir as he heard a faint beeping noise from an alarm clock. 
“uggh.” He groaned as he rolled over. He failed back to sleep but then jolted upright remembering where he was. 
“oh shoot! I’m going to be late.” He darted around his room and quickly got ready for the day. He dressed in his usual jeans and a tee shirt, and once he was dressed he scanned his room. He spotted his sunglasses by his night stand, and went to go grab them but hesitated. “You don’t need them Jared.” He said to himself with a sigh. He left the room, and walked towards the door. 
“Sorry I got up late, Ben. I should really get an alarm clock.”

@Trutharchivist

Edited by Emery the Steelrunner

Tuncay nodded, taking his card and the sticker, but inwardly groaned. Groups meant there would probably be forced social interaction. If he was lucky, maybe he'd be able to slip to the side and avoid participation without being noticed.

9 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

The man waved away the dwarf student, then glanced up at the elf girl next in line. “Student ID?” he sighed.

"Oh, um." She looked into her purse. She muttered to herself, digging through its contents. She frowned. "One moment." She sifted through the purse again. "Uh oh." She spoke softly, but certainly noticeable. "Must have forgotten it." Just as she was about to leave, she noticed the card in one of the pockets. "Oh, thank goodness. Here you go." She proffered the card.

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

"Oh, um." She looked into her purse. She muttered to herself, digging through its contents. She frowned. "One moment." She sifted through the purse again. "Uh oh." She spoke softly, but certainly noticeable. "Must have forgotten it." Just as she was about to leave, she noticed the card in one of the pockets. "Oh, thank goodness. Here you go." She proffered the card.

“Instance? That’s a new one,” the man grumbled. He found Avery on the sheet then slid her card back. “Says here you’re with Group O. Wait, no, that’s a D. Can’t read my own darn handwriting.”

He picked up the sticker and pointed at the sign in the field marked D. “Your group’s over there. Looks like your leader hasn’t shown up yet… ugh.”

He turned around. “SABINA! WHERE THE HECK IS THE LEADER FOR GROUP D!?”

He motioned for Instance to go away.