Greatowl University [Fantasy RP]

Knight of Iron

6 hours ago, Goob said:

"Nice to meet you, Anmil. What classes are you taking? I'm gonna be a necromancer, myself."

"I'm taking Magical Creatures." Said Anmil, shrugging. "And I'm taking Mind Harvesting, because evidently everyone here, myself included, is a masochist."

4 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

“Oh, awesome!” Tessa said. “What interested you in it?”

Well, of all the things to be forced into a conversation about, Mind Harvesting is far from the worst.

"It sounded like it'd be more of a challenge than some of the others. Plus, y'know, the whole 'bonding' thing sounds really cool. I've also always loved music, so the musical bit of Mind Harvesting is definitely a pro." And...now I've probably talked too much. "What about you?"

1 hour ago, DramaQueen said:

Well, of all the things to be forced into a conversation about, Mind Harvesting is far from the worst.

"It sounded like it'd be more of a challenge than some of the others. Plus, y'know, the whole 'bonding' thing sounds really cool. I've also always loved music, so the musical bit of Mind Harvesting is definitely a pro." And...now I've probably talked too much. "What about you?"

Tessa nodded. "Music's a great reason! I've always liked people and understanding them. I'd like to understand them, then write articles to help the world understand them."

2 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

"I'm taking Magical Creatures." Said Anmil, shrugging. "And I'm taking Mind Harvesting, because evidently everyone here, myself included, is a masochist."

"Hah! I think anyone who does magic has to like pain a little bit, though the Spiritbinders seem to get off a little easy." He winces. "Almost wish you hadn't mentioned it. Haven't had a bad nightmare in years, and now I'm going to have them semi-regularly? Not fun."

7 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

The man flipped through his papers for a minute before finally reaching the correct page. He promptly slid a sticker to Ben and dismissed him. “Group D.”

Ben took his sticker (and his student ID) from the man at the counter, then waited for Jared to finish before going off to group D.

And unless Emery has something to do, I guess we'll skip to being with everyone.

Hope Ben sticking to Jared doesn't bother you, Emery. I'll see what I can do if it does.

4 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Tessa nodded. "Music's a great reason! I've always liked people and understanding them. I'd like to understand them, then write articles to help the world understand them."

"...woah. I hadn't even thought of that as a perk of Mind Harvesting."

15 hours ago, Goob said:

"Hah! I think anyone who does magic has to like pain a little bit, though the Spiritbinders seem to get off a little easy." He winces. "Almost wish you hadn't mentioned it. Haven't had a bad nightmare in years, and now I'm going to have them semi-regularly? Not fun."

"Yeah, I guess. Although Enchanters don't have to worry about it at all."

2 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

"Yeah, I guess. Although Enchanters don't have to worry about it at all."

"True, true. Lucky, those Enchanters. But anyways- I have another question for you. Do you play an instrument?"

Katie walked up to Anmil and the other person they were talking to with Kat on her shoulder. She wasn’t sure if they were supposed to bring their pets or not, but it would be helpful for Kat to know her way around as well. 

“Hi, Anmil, who’s this?” Katie asked, waiting for Anmil to introduce her to the person they were talking to.

@NerdyAarakocra

37 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Instance finally spoke up, frowning. "None of you have any prior training?"

“Well, most of the magical arts we’re signed up for aren’t accessible until we are of age and under the supervision of a licensed professional. Except for enchanting, but enchanting is difficult and its own thing…”

4 hours ago, Goob said:

"True, true. Lucky, those Enchanters. But anyways- I have another question for you. Do you play an instrument?"

3 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Katie walked up to Anmil and the other person they were talking to with Kat on her shoulder. She wasn’t sure if they were supposed to bring their pets or not, but it would be helpful for Kat to know her way around as well. 

“Hi, Anmil, who’s this?” Katie asked, waiting for Anmil to introduce her to the person they were talking to.

Anmil didn't notice Katie at first. "Yeah, I play the violin." Then they noticed Katie. "Oh! Hi there."

@Goob

Question: has Joleuf told me his name?

On 6/14/2022 at 10:40 PM, Trutharchivist said:

Ben took his sticker (and his student ID) from the man at the counter, then waited for Jared to finish before going off to group D.

It’s fine that your character is sticking with mine.

Jared signed his name and took his ID, and walked back over to Ben

“Do you think we’ll see anyone we met yesterday?” He asked.

Edited by Emery the Steelrunner

4 minutes ago, Emery the Steelrunner said:

Ben shrugged, and walked to group D. "Well, at least we're in the same group." He said.

Upon reaching, he saw Anmil and Katie talk to someone new. He walked up to them. "Hello!" He said. He then turned to the new person. "I'm Ben. What's your name?"

9 hours ago, Goob said:

8 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

@NerdyAarakocra

5 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

Anmil didn't notice Katie at first. "Yeah, I play the violin." Then they noticed Katie. "Oh! Hi there."

19 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

@NerdyAarakocra

10 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Ben shrugged, and walked to group D. "Well, at least we're in the same group." He said.

Upon reaching, he saw Anmil and Katie talk to someone new. He walked up to them. "Hello!" He said. He then turned to the new person. "I'm Ben. What's your name?"

15 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

10 hours ago, Emery the Steelrunner said:

Joel turns to greet all the new members of group D, but before saying anything to them he turns his head back to Anmil and says, "You're rather popular, huh?"
To the newcomers, he says "Hello! I'm Joleuf, though just call me Joel. It's nice to meet you, Ben and...?" He gestures to Jared and Katie.

2 hours ago, Goob said:

Joel turns to greet all the new members of group D, but before saying anything to them he turns his head back to Anmil and says, "You're rather popular, huh?"
To the newcomers, he says "Hello! I'm Joleuf, though just call me Joel. It's nice to meet you, Ben and...?" He gestures to Jared and Katie.

@Isabelle6060@Trutharchivist@Emery the Steelrunner

Anmil sighed. Really? Just when I was starting to have a semi-normal conversation? Well, there was no way to get out of this now. Anmil turned to Ben and Jared. "Hi! Group D too, huh?" Anmil turned back to Joel. "Joel, this is Ben, and this is Jared."

4 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

@Isabelle6060@Trutharchivist@Emery the Steelrunner

Anmil sighed. Really? Just when I was starting to have a semi-normal conversation? Well, there was no way to get out of this now. Anmil turned to Ben and Jared. "Hi! Group D too, huh?" Anmil turned back to Joel. "Joel, this is Ben, and this is Jared."

Katie gave Anmil a look that said something like you know this boy and you never told me? 

“And I’m Katie. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Joel.” 

Kat waved with a paw.

”and this is Kat.” Katie said, gesturing to her dragon on her shoulder. 

10 hours ago, Goob said:

Ben nodded. "Nice to meet you." He saw that Anmil looked... Somewhat uncomfortable. "I'm sorry, did we interrupt you mid-conversation?" He asked.