The KOTLC Club

Do you like Keeper of the Lost Cities?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Keeper of the Lost Cities?

Oh wow this exists! I was OBSESSED with Keeper in 6th grade before I found Sanderson. I read the majority of the series 4-5 times. My cousins are also quite into the series, so when they came to visit, I narrated the later half of chapter 42 of Stellarlune. It was quite hilarious.

12 minutes ago, TheAlpha929 said:

Oh brother 

I used to read these

i ended up hating them 

I stopped around book 5 or 6

but the books do have everything 

magic, fantastic beasts, school, whiny annoying teenagers, extremely possible impossible love, hospital visits, amnesia (I think), tragedy, romance, torture (to the reader), etc etc etc…

book 5 is amazing, book six is part trash. So, I'm going to assume it's book six.

Just now, 2EmLee2 said:

Book 7 is my favorite… I think, if I remember correctly

*blinks*

*blinks again*

How-

I-

I don't know what to say besides, Flashback? FLASHBACK IS YOUR FAVORITE?

I mean, it's your opinion, but like-

FLASHBACK AS THE BEST ONE?

I mean ,it has some good stuff, I suppose, but...

Really?

Flashback spoilers:

Spoiler

Ok so the whole part where Sophie is stuck in the infirmary is b o r i n g, but I love the part where Sophie and Fitz almost kiss and then BABY ALICORNS!

I’m not 100% for Sophitz, but honestly I’m not really for Sokeefe either… I’d rather book 1 Fitz than current Keefe tbh

2 hours ago, 2EmLee2 said:

Flashback spoilers:

Hide contents

Ok so the whole part where Sophie is stuck in the infirmary is b o r i n g, but I love the part where Sophie and Fitz almost kiss and then BABY ALICORNS!

I’m not 100% for Sophitz, but honestly I’m not really for Sokeefe either… I’d rather book 1 Fitz than current Keefe tbh

I am not for any ship, beyond “fitz and Keefe kill each other in a duel over Sophie’s love, then she kills herself due to the grief”

but I like Sophitz better than Sokeefe, cuz Keefe is just ridiculous. But also layered. But also I just like Sophitz better.

16 minutes ago, TheAlpha929 said:

I am not for any ship, beyond “fitz and Keefe kill each other in a duel over Sophie’s love, then she kills herself due to the grief”

but I like Sophitz better than Sokeefe, cuz Keefe is just ridiculous. But also layered. But also I just like Sophitz better.

It's team foster-keefe to you!

Keefe supremacy!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 5:57 PM, TheAlpha929 said:

I agree with Keefe Supremacy, he was one of my favorite characters. I just didn’t want him to get stuck with Sophie because I liked him. Sophie just drives me up the wall. 

^THIS. I wish we could just take Keefe out and stick him in a Sanderson book.

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2023 at 4:46 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

It's team foster-keefe to you!

Keefe supremacy!

KEEFE KEEFE KEEFE KEEFE! (Do I sound like an alicorn yet?) :P 

On 7/28/2023 at 4:57 PM, Labyrinth said:

I agree with Keefe Supremacy, he was one of my favorite characters. I just didn’t want him to get stuck with Sophie because I liked him. Sophie just drives me up the wall. 

I agree. Shannon, kill off Sophie, then make Keefe even better.

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

KEEFE KEEFE KEEFE KEEFE! (Do I sound like an alicorn yet?) :P 

I agree. Shannon, kill off Sophie, then make Keefe even better.

Sophie needs to sacrifice herself to save everyone, either that or it's Fitz or Keefe who dies. One of the three has to so that the other two can be happy.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Sophie needs to sacrifice herself to save everyone, either that or it's Fitz or Keefe who dies. One of the three has to so that the other two can be happy.

I vote Sophie. Problem is, Fitz and Keefe would probably be unhappy. Hmmmmmm. welllll.... we could kill off all of them!

19 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

How did I NOT know about this thread?

I agree with this statement, Thaid

11 minutes ago, Kajsa :) said:

How did I NOT know about this thread?

I agree with this statement, Thaid

Yeah, I think it'll be how it goes, one way or another.

My gosh, I just remembered my theory on how they get there.

Aight, aight, aight-

So, here's the idea.

The book opens up with a big ol fight scene. Sophie gets the chance to kill Gisela (Lady Gizzard Guts) and doesn't do it. Gisela gloats about it and escapes. Then, later in the book, they're in a similar circumstance and Gisela is like "You won't kill me!" Then Sophie is like "Watch me," and she stabs Gisela with a knife that she got off of Mr Forkle (Who I think, along with the other members of the black swan council thing will die). 

Either that or Sophie goes in to attack and Gisela kicks her back and is like "We'll see about that-" Then Gisela comes, almost killing Sophie, and Keefe comes in the way and kills Gisela. If this happens, I would want it to be in the middle of the book, influencing their arcs and adding some regret for various things.

4 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Yeah, I think it'll be how it goes, one way or another.

My gosh, I just remembered my theory on how they get there.

Aight, aight, aight-

So, here's the idea.

The book opens up with a big ol fight scene. Sophie gets the chance to kill Gisela (Lady Gizzard Guts) and doesn't do it. Gisela gloats about it and escapes. Then, later in the book, they're in a similar circumstance and Gisela is like "You won't kill me!" Then Sophie is like "Watch me," and she stabs Gisela with a knife that she got off of Mr Forkle (Who I think, along with the other members of the black swan council thing will die). 

Either that or Sophie goes in to attack and Gisela kicks her back and is like "We'll see about that-" Then Gisela comes, almost killing Sophie, and Keefe comes in the way and kills Gisela. If this happens, I would want it to be in the middle of the book, influencing their arcs and adding some regret for various things.

why can i acutally see this happening?

6 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

I read most of this series in 6th and 7th grade, but I haven’t actually read book 9. Should I?

if you've read 8.5, yes.

Nine and 8.5 saved the series imo. Still not the best it could be, but it's closer than eight and seven.

12 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

if you've read 8.5, yes.

Nine and 8.5 saved the series imo. Still not the best it could be, but it's closer than eight and seven.

I really liked 8.5. 9, for me was…less good.

Also, I exist on this thread now! I have read all of KotLC, and though the quality has gotten worse in recent books, I still very much enjoy the series. And Keefitz and Dexiana are the two best ships.

Edited by Ravenclawjedi42
Ooh, this was my 200th post!

11 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Also, I exist on this thread now! I have read all of KotLC, and though the quality has gotten worse in recent books, I still very much enjoy the series. And Keefitz and Dexiana are the two best ships.

Dexiana, 100%

Keefitz... idk, I prefer Sophie shipped with Keefe. That doesn't mean, however, that I like Keefe shipped with Sophie.

Lemme explain.

From Keefe's eyes, the ship makes perfect sense. If I was Keefe, I probably would've fallen for Sophie too. From an outsider's eyes, Sophie would be the best. From Sophie's eyes, which we see from for the most part, I think that the ship is horrible. For Keefe, it's amazing, for Sophie it is horrible. Sophie doesn't deserve Keefe. Keefe deserves Sophie. The way Sophie will interact with Keefe will help Keefe somewhat. Keefe will help Sophie, yes, but I don't think Sophie will like it too well, tbh. Though, I think Shannon will make Keefe end up with Sophie in the end, if neither of them die.

27 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

I see you and raise you Tiana. 

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Dexiana, 100%

Keefitz... idk, I prefer Sophie shipped with Keefe. That doesn't mean, however, that I like Keefe shipped with Sophie.

Lemme explain.

From Keefe's eyes, the ship makes perfect sense. If I was Keefe, I probably would've fallen for Sophie too. From an outsider's eyes, Sophie would be the best. From Sophie's eyes, which we see from for the most part, I think that the ship is horrible. For Keefe, it's amazing, for Sophie it is horrible. Sophie doesn't deserve Keefe. Keefe deserves Sophie. The way Sophie will interact with Keefe will help Keefe somewhat. Keefe will help Sophie, yes, but I don't think Sophie will like it too well, tbh. Though, I think Shannon will make Keefe end up with Sophie in the end, if neither of them die.

I mean... (spoilers)

Spoiler

we already see that starting, but that doesn't mean too much, cause it's happened before and fallen apart.

13 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

if you've read 8.5, yes.

Honestly, I think 8.5 saved it, but 9 hurt it a little bit. Hopefully 10 is better.