17th Shard Tautology club

29 minutes ago, The Awakened Sloth said:

We should establish a formal, tautological definition of tautology because we should have a definition of tautology which is tautological and formal. Someone make that into a Ketek by making it into a Ketek.

I just fixed your phrase by fixing it.

4 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

A good Tautologist who is a member of the Tautologist club writes tautologies by constructing them in two different ways that say the same thing with different words and repeat what they said in a new way.

Welcome to the secret, not widely known, second level of the Tautology club. Also known as the Tautology club's second level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel compelled to need to join the super-secret and hidden-on-the-forums Tautology club.
I shall in just-a-moment swear the first ideal of the discrete and undisclosed Tautology club by now swearing the first ideal of the covert and mysterious Tautology club:

"This, being the first ideal of the Tautology club: therefore, is the first ideal of the Tautology club"

• 2 weeks later...

I am now a member of the 17th Shard Tautology Club because I have joined the club on the 17th Shard dedicated to the appreciation of tautology.

I'd like to celebrate this occasion by being joyful about this event.  And by sharing some famous quotes that have been altered to be tautological, by posting tautological versions of well-known sayings:

• "I think, therefore I am thinking."  -René Descartes
  • "A penny saved is a penny that is in your possession and has not been spent on anything."  -Benjamin Franklin
  • "Impossible is a word to be found only in a dictionary that has the word impossible in it."  -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "To be, or not to be?  That is the question of whether to exist or not exist."  -William Shakespeare
  • "What's in a name?  That which we call a rose, by any other name would not be called a rose."  -William Shakespeare
  • "Four score and seven years ago, it was 87 years in the past."  -Abraham Lincoln
  • "The unexamined life is a life that has not been studied."  -Socrates
  • "Two roads diverged in a wood, and they went in separate directions through a forest.  And I-- I took the one less traveled by. And that has made me walk on a path that has less foot traffic."  -Robert Frost
  • "Oh, East is East and West is West, because East is this direction and West is that direction."  -Rudyard Kipling
  • "Success usually comes to those who succeed."  -Henry David Thoreau
  • "What the mind of man can conceive and believe, the mind of man can conceptualize and consider to be true."  -Napoleon Hill
  • "Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken."  -Oscar Wilde  (I didn't alter this one because I didn't change it)
  • "For every minute you are angry, you spend sixty seconds being upset."  -Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • "Genius is 1% genius and 99% genius."  -Thomas Edison
  • "To expect the unexpected shows an anticipation of something surprising."  -Oscar Wilde
  • "Nothing is so aggravating than the feeling of aggravation."  -Oscar Wilde
  • "I got carried away doing this, because I got swept up in thinking of tautological versions of famous quotes and lost track of time."  -Zath  :rolleyes:
Edited by Zath
Grammar

• 2 months later...