Transcription Requests

Zas678

On 26/04/2017 at 1:16 PM, Just another guyn said:

Where do I send audio I have from a signing?

13 hours ago, WeiryWriter said:

Preferably you post it in the associated event thread in this forum (either by uploading it to soundcloud or to a google drive).

Is there a thread for this event? I didn't see one, I've just been seeing @Just another guyn post comments about asking questions. If there isn't an established thread I'm very happy to do some transcribing?

4 minutes ago, Extesian said:

Is there a thread for this event? I didn't see one, I've just been seeing @Just another guyn post comments about asking questions. If there isn't an established thread I'm very happy to do some transcribing?

It wasn't a public event, to my knowledge it was only for his students at byu and a few of their friends. I can make a thread for it if you want.

Edited by Just another guyn

Just now, Just another guyn said:

It wasn't a public event, to my knowledge it was only for his students at byu and a few of their friends.

Aaaahhh. I'm extremely jealous :) that explains why it wasn't on my list of events to chase up. Awesome!

In light of it being a private event I understand if there are restrictions on posting stuff. But if you do want help with transcription let me know, and I or anyone else can start a thread for transcripts, WoBs and reactions if you want to provide the details (or  of course you can buy going to the events thread - I get the feeling you'll be deserving a Braize of a lot more upvotes than you currently have (whether or not you care about up votes) :) good stuff!

5 minutes ago, Extesian said:

Aaaahhh. I'm extremely jealous :) that explains why it wasn't on my list of events to chase up. Awesome!

In light of it being a private event I understand if there are restrictions on posting stuff. But if you do want help with transcription let me know, and I or anyone else can start a thread for transcripts, WoBs and reactions if you want to provide the details (or  of course you can buy going to the events thread - I get the feeling you'll be deserving a Braize of a lot more upvotes than you currently have (whether or not you care about up votes) :) good stuff!

I need to check the forum rules, but Brandon did not forbid me from making any of my questions and answers public. I will attach the audio when I have a computer that can clip out the accidental five minutes of static.

12 hours ago, Just another guyn said:

I need to check the forum rules, but Brandon did not forbid me from making any of my questions and answers public. I will attach the audio when I have a computer that can clip out the accidental five minutes of static.

I'd get in touch with Brandon or Peter first, just to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I asked @Chaos about it, but I'm still waiting for a reply. Between an unfortunate lightning induced power surge on our street and a computer virus, I haven't been able to do it till today. Thank heaven for ipads. The audio is still safe, but until I receive the go ahead from someone, I'm not going to post any more about what I learned. Just in case. Thanks for your patience. P

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I have received the green light to post the audio. I'm working on the transcription and audio editing (to remove the long bits of silence at the beggining). Most of the audio is ok, although apparently the first few minutes didn't record :( 

audio available here

Spoiler

Me: If an Elantrian were to get ahold of nightblood

Brandon: Yeah

Me: And draw it, How would nightblood react and what kind of power would be unleashed?

Brandon: Um, so nightblood needs kinetic investiture to feed upon, um, the Elantrian would have to be able to get a conduit to the dor to feed nightblood or nightblood would just eat their soul

Me: So if they used aondor to fuel nightblood...

Brandon: There are some types of aondor that would work, and there are others that would not.

Me: and would nightblood just keep going until the Aon was

Brandon: He would dissolve the Aon as he drew the power from it.

Me: so it wouldn't just empty the dor

Brandon: No it would not empty the dor

Me: and then if a shard were to directly wield nightblood (Me imagining the death star) e.g. odium’s champion and odium channeling his power to nightblood, would that cause a lot of world ending stuff

Brandon: That um... What you just described would work no differently than a knight radiant wielding nightblood

Me: And that would be scary powerful?

Brandon: No, not really. He’d just feed off the investiture and eventually the radiant would run out or be drawing investerature so quickly that it would dissolve the person’s soul.

Me: so souls are made out of investiture?

Brandon: Yes [indistinct mumbling]. So you’d have a little while, but eventually the person would just die and get eaten.

Me: best cosmere pun?

Brandon: um.... The ah... what does a surge binder wear to a party? A vest cause he likes to be invested

Me: Nice! [recording cuts off due to my ipad dying]

Personal thoughts:

Kinetic investiture: thats a new term that I haven't yet seen. I will need to look into it, but it sounds like potential vs. kinetic investiture meaning that due to position (in the cognitive/spiritual realms?) you can store investiture. It would also seem that kinetic investiture would be more like storm light, and potential investiture is more like breath.

I previously was unsure if all souls were made of investiture. does this mean everything in the spirit realm is just investiture? 

16 minutes ago, Argent said:

We really need sentient alligators in the Cosmere, so we can make investigator puns more effectively...

But we already have Investigators, they are just more of the lawmen type...

Edited by The Sovereign

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, WeiryWriter said:

It was part of the class, right? Was it a Tuesday or a Monday class?

I don't know if it was officially part of a classe.  Brandon's students were invited to a pizza party and signing and were told the could bring friends, and thats how I ended up there. I  could try and conntact the guy who invited me and get more info. out of curiosity, why do you ask?

Just now, Just another guyn said:

I don't know if it was officially part of a classe.  Brandon's students were invited to a pizza party and signing and were told the could bring friends, and thats how I ended up there. I  could try and conntact the guy who invited me and get more info. out of curiosity, why do you ask?

Indexing, want to make sure the wobs you shared are dated correctly.

8 minutes ago, WeiryWriter said:

Indexing, want to make sure the wobs you shared are dated correctly.

On 4/25/2017 at 8:28 PM, Just another guyn said:

So I asked Brandon at the signing tonight about what would happen if you drew a line of forbidance in a chalkling, and he said it would negate both of them. I was going to post it as a theory last night, but couldn't, so here is the solved theory.

I'm 90% sure I posted that on the night of, before I left BYU. btw Thanks for including my research!

• 4 months later...
  • Chaos unpinned this topic