Trell is Autonomy

HarmonyFanboy

Hello! I'm HarmonyFanboy, and I am a huge fan of the Scadrian books. After reading Bands of Mourning, I came up with the idea to share my theories with everyone out there, including but not limited to the fact that the mysterious figure Trell from Scadrial is, in fact, Autonomy.

It’s just a thing here. Some people like to give out hemalurgically spiked food, so you have to watch out. Yeah, we’re kinda weird. :P

Anyway, welcome! We’re glad to have you here on the Shard. Who’s your favorite Sanderson character?

24 minutes ago, HarmonyFanboy said:

Ooooooookaaaaaaay...........???

You'll get it eventually. 

Welcome to the Trell is Autonomy crew, though! Sadly we may not get answers on that until Era 3, as BSandy has said that's when most of the Trell stuff will be taking place. 

So what's your favorite magic system Sanderson has made?

52 minutes ago, HarmonyFanboy said:

Hello! I'm HarmonyFanboy, and I am a huge fan of the Scadrian books. After reading Bands of Mourning, I came up with the idea to share my theories with everyone out there, including but not limited to the fact that the mysterious figure Trell from Scadrial is, in fact, Autonomy.

Always remember: TUBA is evil, only with the DA is true good food found.

So eat that cookie.

On 4/19/2019 at 5:50 PM, Rebecca said:

Anyway, welcome! We’re glad to have you here on the Shard. Who’s your favorite Sanderson character?

My top three faves are Melaan, Wayne, and (duh) Harmony. I also like Hoid, but then again, so does everyone else.

Edited by HarmonyFanboy

51 minutes ago, HarmonyFanboy said:

Where's the cookie!? It must be aluminum because I can't see it with Steelsight!!

Hey, just a heads up, the Mods don’t like it when you double (or triple) post, I think because people tried to use double or triple posting to pad their post count at some point, long ago before I joined.

Edited by Ethan_Sedai

3 hours ago, HarmonyFanboy said:

TOTALLY FERUCHEMY!!! Not a day goes by that I don't wish that I could store attributes on cool jewelry.

I don't blame you! I'd love to have myself Feruchemical Electrum powers. Or brass. 

Or like...all of them, preferably. 

Edited by Invocation

I have evidence!

Spoiler

First of all, Brandon said that Trell was another name for an already revealed Shard. Not including splintered ones, these include Odium, Cultivation, Harmony, Autonomy, and Endowment. Harmony is right out, Odium is imprisoned, and Trell's revealed actions go beyond the intentions of Cultivation and Endowment. This leaves Autonomy as the only one to blame.

5 hours ago, HarmonyFanboy said:

I have evidence!

Hide contents

First of all, Brandon said that Trell was another name for an already revealed Shard. Not including splintered ones, these include Odium, Cultivation, Harmony, Autonomy, and Endowment. Harmony is right out, Odium is imprisoned, and Trell's revealed actions go beyond the intentions of Cultivation and Endowment. This leaves Autonomy as the only one to blame.

This... isn't confirmed?

I like to think Autonomy was murdered by Trell, and Trell is autonomy 2.0 but that Trell isn't the big bad of the series. 

On 21/04/2019 at 5:26 AM, AonDii said:

This... isn't confirmed?

I agree Trell is Autonomy, but I think Trell isn't the the original holder of Autonomy (wob that other shards have had multiple holders) AND that Trell isn't the big bad of the series. We met Trell in Whitesand, and I think somehow that man gets offered a shard. Taldain has undergone a massive political and policy shift from isolationism to open borders, and this bespeaks an obvious change in governance. Trell is Autonomy 2.0, but I think there is more to how this happened, and I think another Shard is behind it. 

----

I just don't think Autonomy makes a good villain for the series and I have serious meta-doubts concerning this plot idea. I'd bet my last sphere that this whole Trell business has something to do with Ambition, even if Trell is now the holder of the Autonomy shard.

Ambition has been set up as a potential villain despite her death. Why? Her entire vibe involves undeath. Shades are undead. Brandon has called her mono-black for magic the gathering. Odium was worried about her. Endowment was worried about her. She is ShoDell. And she had the opportunity to see Devotion and Dominion go down before she herself was killed. This reeks of resurrection. AMBITION WOULD HAVE A PLAN. She just would.  

I think Threnody as the important (sorta) shard world makes more sense based on which worlds Brandon is focusing on with novels and novellas. I can't imagine he would make Whitesand an important planet since the treatment of that world was left so open to artistic interpretation. If Autonomy was the big bad, we would have heard of some novel set in Taldain. As it stands, that world is shunted off to the side and given unimportant side-projects. 

From a writer's perspective, Threnody and Ambition make a much better pick for Big Bad than Trell-tonomy. 

Edited by teknopathetic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic