Any other Aussies having trouble finding a copy?

Sh3phrd

I pre ordered WoR from a QBD near home. I was told it would be ready on 3/3, which I was a little excited about. I called them today to see if it was ready and they said while today is the release date, and it says it's available on the website, they won't be getting stock till the 11th.

Is anyone else having trouble getting a copy or is this just a Brisbane thing?

Is there anywhere around I can find one?

Feeling a bit desperate at the moment...

I'm on the sunshine coast and have been trolling every books store I walk past (or drive 30min out of my way to walk past) for a possible early copy for the last week or so. No luck :( I have all of Brandon's cosmere works In Hard cover and signed from his web store so I'm just gonna get a e-book Asap and get my signed hardback in a month or so ...then a paper back once i see one for re-reading and friend lending :)

I recommend fishpond.com if you want to order and get it asap its a Aussie company and the shipping will be as short as your gonna get.

I checked fishpond, and near as I can tell, all the ones they have are shipping at launch day, from overseas. It says to please allow an extra week for shipping. I think we might just be straight out of luck.

I'll get the audible version for now, I was going to get it anyway.

I've heard some less than great reviews about fishpond, so I preordered from Booktopia, which is also Aussie. I *believe* they have a warehouse in Australia, so I'm hoping the book will turn up tomorrow. (I've ordered from them before, but not preorded, and the books took only a couple daysto come IIRC).

Edit: just checked, their distribution centre is in Sydney. If they dont actually have the book it can apparently take a week to order from overseas but I'm fairly certain they'll have WoR.

Edited by Delightful

I ordered direct from Amazon.com with priority shipping (to NZ); I have a predicted delivery now of between 6 March and 11 March; so much for Amazon's much vaunted priority. They can't even ship for on time delivery; useless ********s (in deference to board policy).

Still, I have also ordered a Kindle version that is *supposed* to be downloaded automatically, Amazon will probably time the release to arrive on the iPad after the hardcover arrives, more *********ary.

The tension is getting to me, and I steadfastly refuse to read the Chapter 7 part preview release, although I have read the threads so it does appear that something I suspected might happen, does happen; damnation.

Let me know how booktopia goes delightful, I'll have to remember that one in the future.

I've pre ordered from QBD before with no trouble, although that was for Memory of Light, so admittedly a bit of a different scale. I just find it hard to believe that the anticipation for Wor isn't enough to justify having stock on hand for release.

I should have the Kindle version in a few hours, so I guess it's not so bad, just a bit disappointing I suppose.

Everywhere i have checked either says the 11th or doesnt mention a date at all. I have pre-orded the e-book for the 6th (date its available in Australia) so i can get my world hopping on asap. I hope my girlfriend doesnt need her ipad for the next 3 days :P

• Chaos locked this topic