Just now, Amanuensis said:

Definitely. For the record, I never really believed Mailliw's claim to begin with. I needed to get Elbereth off the Senate to win, so I was really just trying to take advantage of his claim. I also wanted to get the player who actually protected her to reveal herself so I could kill them. If only I had been able to get online sooner to prevent me from getting recalled :(

Funny enough, had I had one more minute my thread vote on Bard would have counted, creating a tie that kept you on. I guess fate was on my side, even though it appeared at the time that I got shorted. :D

3 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Oh. That... makes more sense. Actually, one of the things that made me think you were innocent was how much you seemed to be tunneling on me, by the way. 

I thought it would ^_^. I saw in LG22 how tunneling on you led you to trusting me, so decided to see if it would apply here, too.

Edited by Amanuensis

Just now, Amanuensis said:

I thought it would ^_^. I learned in LG22 that tunneling on you in that game led you to trusting me, so decided to see if it would work again.

But when I tunneled on you I nearly got strung up by the neck. :D

Edited by Elenion

3 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Funny enough, had I had one more minute my thread vote on Bard would have counted, creating a tie that kept you on. I guess fate was on my side, even though it appeared at the time that I got shorted. :D

Just now, Elenion said:

But when I tunneled on you I nearly got strung up by the neck. And I was even right!

Ahah, yeah... 

Just now, Elbereth said:

<_< Of course. That logic fell apart when I had the thought that you might legitimately think I was Derethi and still be an eliminator, but it did make me trust you more for a while. 

I legitly thought you were Derethi for a while, but you seemed too willing/eager to get scanned. I decided then that you either were Village or crafty enough that you deserved to live a little longer.

8 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Actually, it would've meant I had to flip a coin.  Which I did and Aman would've still been kicked out.

If the Election/Recall vote is tied, the Senator to be elected/recalled will be selected randomly from the top tied contenders.

From the sign up post.  If it had changed elsewhere, I'm unaware of it.

Epilogue: Peace Among Us

With the last of the Derethi Converts killed during the night, the council was called together to discuss the matter of Opalin.  She was the one who had done the most to root out the Converts and should be considered a Hero to the people.  Yet she was also a self confessed Follower of the Jeskeri Mysteries and their laws said she was to be hanged.

After many hours of debate it was Aeleus who forced the councils hand.  He burst into the Council chamber with Opalin in hand, almost dragging her as he forcefully marched in front of the Council members.

"Look at her.  Look at her for Domi's sake!  How could you even think of hanging her.  Sure she's a Follower of that vile Cult but still, she's only a child.  What does it say about each of you if you condemn a child to death."

Each of the council members reluctantly looked at Opalin driven more by Aeleus' words than anything else.  Opalin's head was all anyone could see as she cowered behind Aeleus.  Her big eyes filled with fear as the council members looked at her, a single tear trickling down her face to drop onto the carpet below.

As each of the council members took in Opalin, their hearts filled with pity.  Surely it couldn't be her fault.  She was abandoned as a child and did whatever she needed to in order to survive.

Half an hour later the town had assembled outside the Council Hall.  Out front stood all five Councillors lead by Ashkelon.

"Hear ye, hear ye.  By order of the Council, Opalin shall hereby be named Savior of Duladel.  Let her name be spread far and wide for all to hear."

Orlok has been killed.  He was a Village Regular.
Sart has been killed.  He was a 
Derethi Convert Regular.

And that's the game.  The Village has won.

Player List:

1. Elbereth- Saoli Village Merchant
2. Mailliw- Reomaim Derethi Convert Duelist
3. Cloudjumper- Kelron Village Duelist
4. The Young Bard- The Mysterious Figure Village Merchant
5. Ecthelion III- Aeleus Village Kesegan Monk
6. Orlok- Locke Village Regular
7. Elodin- oaR Village Merchant
8. Straw- Straw Village Korathi Acolyte
9. Conquestor- Lorienthe Mysteries Cultist Landlord
10. Eramit- Kolokolo Kolo Derethi Convert Gyorn
11. Metacognition- Meta Mysteries Cultist Merchant
12. emilylime- Lime Mysteries Cultist Regular
13. Eolhandras- Eolhandras Village Duelist
14. Elenion- Ashkelon Village Landlord
15. Sart- Sart Derethi Convert Regular
16. Jaimelecee- Jaena Village Merchant
17. Amanuensis- Opalin Mysteries Cultist Duelist
18. Seonid- Sheon Idris Derethi Convert Regular
19. Kipper- Kipper Village Mystery

@Conquestor: Sorry for lynching you. I really hate busing teammates, but I didn't have time that day to argue for someone else to be lynched. I was really looking forward to working with you, too. Hopefully we can be evil together again someday.

@emilylime: I doubt you'll see this anytime soon, but I hope that you're alright, and that you come back again someday.

@Metacognition: Sad that you died so early, but at least I can say that I avenged your murder rather thoroughly.

Also, to all three of you: I know that a lot of the reason we lost can't be blamed on me, and that none of you would even consider it my fault, but I definitely think I could have played better, and I am sorry for that.

@Eolhondras: I'm voting you as MVP this game, mostly because of this post right here. Was a huge surprise for me when I saw someone else figure me and my plans out so completely. There's also the fact that you blocked the most kills this game (not counting my self-protection). If either of those kills had gone through there would have been a decent chance for me to win, especially the one on Bard.

As for everyone else, great game. I was particularly impressed by @Ecthelion III and @Elenion, and am very happy to see you two sighing up for more games and even making games of your own. @Alvron, is there any chance you can edit in the links to all of the docs (including the Spectator)?

"Hear ye, hear ye.  By order of the Council, Opalin shall hereby be named Savior of Duladel.  Let her name be spread far and wide for all to hear." Ashkelon proclaimed. As soon as was practical, he then left for his office in the Senate building to examine the transcripts of the Jeskeri plots that Opalin had turned over. He found them humorous in an interesting sort of way, particularly where he saw his own name in the pages of scrawled notes. He felt so relieved now that death no longer loomed in the night, now that he could go walking without carrying his gold-plated crossbow, now that he could manage his assets for the long-term instead of signing documents in case of his death.

But he put all of those thoughts aside: he had a new bill for higher Senator wages that he needed to draft.

I just realized the irony of a Jeskeri Mysteries Cultist being announced the Savior of Duladel; matches the narrative this game is based on quite well. Also, that Duladel and Luthadel both end with del. I wonder if there's a reason for that.

So you know, @Amanuensis I did actually protect El. It started as we had no starting Senators. So I decided to protect someone I would buddy up with just a bit, siding with El over Aman, protecting her in case I needed an alibi or needed to frame someone. No one knew you could actually take two actions, so I figured claiming to protect would clear me a bit. Then when I revealed myself, I just told the truth, knowing some of it would be thought to be a lie. 

Edited by Mailliw73
Accidentally posted early.

7 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

@Eolhondras: I'm voting you as MVP this game, mostly because of this post right here. Was a huge surprise for me when I saw someone else figure me and my plans out so completely. There's also the fact that you blocked the most kills this game (not counting my self-protection). If either of those kills had gone through there would have been a decent chance for me to win, especially the one on Bard.

Many thanks! You can easily see in the Korathi Doc that I certainly wasn't sure about you until basically the end of the game, and I certainly wasn't game to take you on head to head without solid grounds for accusation. As for the protects, eh, there was only 5 targets for me, and after you and cloud revealed I think the odds were against a kill going through if it was aimed at the senate. IMO our most effective villager was in fact an honorary one, the bane of the Derethi and a gallant flag bearer for a doomed cult. Well played again Aman.

4 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

So you know, @Amanuensis I did actually protect El. It started as we had no starting Senators. So I decided to protect someone I would buddy up with just a bit, siding with El over Aman, protecting her in case I needed an alibi or needed to frame someone. No one knew you could actually take two actions, so I figured claiming to protect would clear me a bit. Then when I revealed myself, I just told the truth, knowing some of it would be thought to be a lie. 

Ahh that could have been great! Sorry that we couldn't see it play out.