17 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

You think those of us implicates in stealing his heart would stay in the cult and risk him finding us so easily?

Point. Maybe he was trying to find a clue to where you went, then.

Just now, Mailliw73 said:

Ah. Well, you're right. The Jeskeri were the one who failed the kill. My team just missed the fact that I said I'd send in an order to protect El. :P

Uh... thanks?

1 minute ago, Elbereth said:

Point. Maybe he was trying to find a clue to where you went, then.

Uh... thanks?

Welcome. :) 

Aman, you nailed the last point. I noticed quite a few tells I gave away in this game, I just didn't have all the time to edit my posts' text like I wanted to. 

4 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Aman, you nailed the last point. I noticed quite a few tells I gave away in this game, I just didn't have all the time to edit my posts' text like I wanted to. 

If there were more tells that was the only one I noticed. I really need to go back and analyze more people like I did Elbereth soon... I doubt I would have caught Meta anytime soon if you guys didn't kill him, so thanks for that, at least. Funny how it inevitably led to you, though :P

4 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

If there were more tells that was the only one I noticed. I really need to go back and analyze more people like I did Elbereth soon... I doubt I would have caught Meta anytime soon if you guys didn't kill him, so thanks for that, at least. Funny how it inevitably led to you, though :P

In a way that it wasn't even meant to. :P I was actually just wondering about the merchants because I was just as interested in the lack of a kill as you were. 

18 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

In a way that it wasn't even meant to. :P I was actually just wondering about the merchants because I was just as interested in the lack of a kill as you were. 

Well, the original question wasn't really what got me too concerned about it. It was your insistence that it was the cause. Let me see if I can find the posts, exactly.

On 7/14/2016 at 10:51 PM, Mailliw73 said:

Thought that's how the Merchant would go. So I think that's a lot more likely of a reason that there was no kill last night. Especially if it was the Jeskeri kill that was missing, since there's no way I can see Meta not making sure they have a kill in.

On 7/15/2016 at 3:39 PM, Mailliw73 said:

Actually, Aman, I just think it's much less likely, in any game, that a whole eliminator team is inactive this early on. I've never once seen that, so I believe it's either that they hit a Merchant or are trying to get you to do exactly what you're doing. It could also very well be the Derethi kill that went missing, and thus all the connections to Meta are pointless. 

It was these two posts that made me want to pursue you over the others. I just really got the feeling you were trying to take advantage of Meta's unexpected death and avoid the players who were inactive that turn from getting targeted. Funny thing is, Elenion nearly made me switch my scan / lynch votes between Seonid and you in the doc, but fortunately I ended up convincing him to stick with it, first. If Seonid turns out to be a Jeskeri then we've got a great target next, and if not another guaranteed villager (and a helpful one) to elect to the Senate. Which leaves Emily, Sart and Orlok as good scan / lynch target for the rest of the Jeskeri. That is, assuming that you're not just lying about the Derethi attacking and protecting Elbereth. Hmm... what role does that make you then, Duelist or Kesegan Monk? I'm guessing Duelist because if I was an evil Kesegan Monk I'd have been killing villagers from the start. I bet you're honestly pretty happy about this delayed turn now :P you've got me second guessing my theories, and now wondering if the thing on Elb really WAS a WGG, or if it really was poor communication on ya'lls part and you're trying to take advantage of that. Can you at least tell me if I was right about eramit scanning me D1?

Edited by Amanuensis

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

Well, the original question wasn't really what got me too concerned about it. It was your insistence that it was the cause. Let me see if I can find the posts, exactly.

It was these two posts that made me want to pursue you over the others. I just really got the feeling you were trying to take advantage of Meta's unexpected death and avoid the players who were inactive that turn from getting targeted. Funny thing is, Elenion nearly made me switch my scan / lynch votes between Seonid and you in the doc, but fortunately I ended up convincing him to stick with it, first. If Seonid turns out to be a Jeskeri then we've got a great target next, and if not another guaranteed villager (and a helpful one) to elect to the Senate. Which leaves Emily, Sart and Orlok as good scan / lynch target for the rest of the Jeskeri. That is, assuming that you're not just lying about the Derethi attacking and protecting the Derethi. Hmm... what role does that make you then, Duelist or Kesegan Monk? I'm guessing Duelist because if I was an evil Kesegan Monk I'd have been killing villagers from the start. I bet you're honestly pretty happy about this delayed turn now :P you've got me second guessing my theories, and now wondering if the thing on Elb really WAS a WGG, or if it really was poor communication on ya'lls part and you're trying to take advantage of that. Can you at least tell me if I was right about eramit scanning me D1?

As I still don't know what happened to the Jeskeri kill, I'm still fairly certain the Merchant was the cause of it. No proof, but it makes much more sense to me. 

Thats the fun of being revealed. How much can you trust what I say? ;)

No, actually. I believe he only scanned Merchants. :P 

1 minute ago, Mailliw73 said:

As I still don't know what happened to the Jeskeri kill, I'm still fairly certain the Merchant was the cause of it. No proof, but it makes much more sense to me. 

Thats the fun of being revealed. How much can you trust what I say? ;)

No, actually. I believe he only scanned Merchants. :P 

A big reason why I think the Jeskeri were inactive is because I was fairly certain they'd want to kill me over any of the other Senators, given how from the get go I was putting plans in motion to keep them from winning. I even told cloud in threat not to bother protecting me, which was basically me begging for them to attack. I was hoping it'd draw the Derethi too, but ya'll apparently decided to go for Elbereth instead, which is why I believed ya'll scanned me D1 and found out my role.

It is fun, isn't it? :P I'm pretty experienced with that sorta thing though, so I'm sure I'll figure out your true intent once I consider the things I would say and do in your shoes.

Are Merchants basically the vanilla roles this game? It seems like there's a lot of them. That or they have really bad luck.

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

A big reason why I think the Jeskeri were inactive is because I was fairly certain they'd want to kill me over any of the other Senators, given how from the get go I was putting plans in motion to keep them from winning. I even told cloud in threat not to bother protecting me, which was basically me begging for them to attack. I was hoping it'd draw the Derethi too, but ya'll apparently decided to go for Elbereth instead, which is why I believed ya'll scanned me D1 and found out my role.

It is fun, isn't it? :P I'm pretty experienced with that sorta thing though, so I'm sure I'll figure out your true intent once I consider the things I would say and do in your shoes.

Are Merchants basically the vanilla roles this game? It seems like there's a lot of them. That or they have really bad luck.

And, I take it, they didn't? Meta's fairly good at avoiding obvious bait. If you remember, I don't like the obvious kills. Way too easy to be caught. Much better to go where no one expects.

That it is. It's been a while for me, so I forgot the fun. Good luck. We play quite differently. 

Quite a few, it seems. I'll be interested to see the spreadsheet at the end. 

1 minute ago, Mailliw73 said:

And, I take it, they didn't? Meta's fairly good at avoiding obvious bait. If you remember, I don't like the obvious kills. Way too easy to be caught. Much better to go where no one expects.

That it is. It's been a while for me, so I forgot the fun. Good luck. We play quite differently. 

Quite a few, it seems. I'll be interested to see the spreadsheet at the end. 

I would have appeared in the write-up as attacked like Elbereth if they did. So no. Why attack Jaime and Elbereth then, though? They were both pretty obvious for being on the Senate alone. I honestly would have expected the Derethi to go for general population because of the fact attacks on Senators would be more predictable.

Well feel free to give me more samples to work with :P I just remembered this is supposed to be your last game, isn't it? Agh, sorry, should have given you a couple more cycles at least.

4 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I would have appeared in the write-up as attacked like Elbereth if they did. So no. Why attack Jaime and Elbereth then, though? They were both pretty obvious for being on the Senate alone. I honestly would have expected the Derethi to go for general population because of the fact attacks on Senators would be more predictable.

Well feel free to give me more samples to work with :P I just remembered this is supposed to be your last game, isn't it? Agh, sorry, should have given you a couple more cycles at least.

Jaime was the Senator most against Eramit and I D1. I also figured she was least likely to be protected. El, I'm not sure... I wasn't around for that one. :P

i considered using that to argue for my life, but decided it wasn't very sporting. :P I may play one more, depending on sign ups. It'll have to be one where I play hard and quick, as I won't be around for more than a couple cycles. 

7 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Jaime was the Senator most against Eramit and I D1. I also figured she was least likely to be protected. El, I'm not sure... I wasn't around for that one. :P

i considered using that to argue for my life, but decided it wasn't very sporting. :P I may play one more, depending on sign ups. It'll have to be one where I play hard and quick, as I won't be around for more than a couple cycles. 

Ah, was she? I actually hadn't noticed her even mentioning him. I'll have to go look back at that, too >.> why did you protect El, then? You said you put in that order, yeah?

I would have used it to encourage us to swap the lynch to the scan, at least. Could have got someone not on your team (likely Seonid or Emily) killed before you and given you another night turn to use your powers. I think the next LG signups will be posting soon. When do you leave again?

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Ah, was she? I actually hadn't noticed her even mentioning him. I'll have to go look back at that, too >.> why did you protect El, then? You said you put in that order, yeah?

I would have used it to encourage us to swap the lynch to the scan, at least. Could have got someone not on your team (likely Seonid or Emily) killed before you and given you another night turn to use your powers. I think the next LG signups will be posting soon. When do you leave again?

Yes. You were swayed away from Eramit and Elenion followed. Seeing how it went, I would've rather killed Elenion. :P Ah, can't tell you that one yet. 

Yeah, still felt a bit cheap. :P Two weeks from Wednesday, though I'll be basically off the Shard that last week. 

2 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

I'm guessing Duelist because if I was an evil Kesegan Monk I'd have been killing villagers from the start. I bet you're honestly pretty happy about this delayed turn now :P you've got me second guessing my theories, and now wondering if the thing on Elb really WAS a WGG, or if it really was poor communication on ya'lls part and you're trying to take advantage of that. Can you at least tell me if I was right about eramit scanning me D1?

I want to accuse you of tunneling again, but given that I've had flashes of paranoia of you being Derethi and talking this much with Maill to cover it up... (Although I do doubt that at this point. And if it is the case, I won't be sad about falling for it, since it's brilliant.) 

2 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

Hey, I expected it. :P 

59 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

I want to accuse you of tunneling again, but given that I've had flashes of paranoia of you being Derethi and talking this much with Maill to cover it up... (Although I do doubt that at this point. And if it is the case, I won't be sad about falling for it, since it's brilliant.) 

Accuse away :P I'm totally tunneling on you. Elenion and you are the only possible starting eliminator Senators at this point, and I just find you more suspicious than him. I'll have to read and respond to that big response you made (and broke the thread with), and analyze him, before I decide which of you two is teh evilz for sure. I'll probably tackle it tomorrow since I've got another essay to be working on. While that would be pretty awesome, I was the one that instigated this entire lynch on Mailliw in the first place, and I've long learned my lesson about busing teammates from LG17. I play these games to win, and I find that tactic is definitely not worth it.

Edited by Amanuensis

Yep. I've convinced myself that you're not Derethi, mostly. Paranoia tells me you could be, but I'm mostly ignoring that at this point. :) Haven't convinced myself you're not Jeskeri, for some reason. And I know you proposed plans that made it harder for them. But still. Gah. 

1 minute ago, Elbereth said:

Yep. I've convinced myself that you're not Derethi, mostly. Paranoia tells me you could be, but I'm mostly ignoring that at this point. :) Haven't convinced myself you're not Jeskeri, for some reason. And I know you proposed plans that made it harder for them. But still. Gah. 

I was also the first Senator to push Conq's lynch :P but that comes down to whether or not I'd be willing to bus a teammate, inactive or not. Considering I lost both LG17 for doing that to Rae and my team was unable to win in QF16 because Joe did it to me, I'd argue that I'd never seriously consider it.

Meallin rejoiced from the shadows as Reomaim was lynched.  Couldn't have a Derethi in the family messing up his schemes.  He had gone to too much trouble getting into the Jeskeri Mysteries to have his plans foiled now.

-------------------------------------

Maill was Lynched.  He was a Derethi Convert Duelist.

Vote Tally:
Mailliw (6): Amanuensis, Elenion, Young Bard, Senate Lynch Vote
Seonid (1): Ecthelion III
Elenion (1): Mailliw
Sart (1): Elbereth
Elbereth (1): Orlok

Night Four has begun and will last 48 hours to give everyone a chance to get back in the game/give me more role PMs.  Also, if you are dead, please give me the link to the Doc.  Maill's ghost has nowhere to haunt.

Seonid was scanned.  Their Role and alignment will be revealed to a random Senator.
There are five senators!  A recall, but no election, will take place tonight!  
Reminder: The recall vote requirement has been lowered from five to two!

Player List:

1. Elbereth- Saoli
2. Mailliw- Reomaim Derethi Convert Duelist
3. Cloudjumper- Kelron
4. The Young Bard- The Mysterious Figure
5. Ecthelion III- Aeleus
6. Orlok- Locke
7. Elodin- oaR  Village Merchant
8. Straw- Straw
9. Conquestor- Lorienthe Mysteries Cultist Landlord
10. Eramit- Kolokolo Kolo Derethi Convert Gyorn
11. Metacognition- Meta Mysteries Cultist Merchant