Huh. Ok. To be honest, my biggest suspect other than Winter was Lopen, but now that he defended an innocent... I say we lynch Elodin, and if Elodin proves innocent as well, I target Lopen. Meta is the most cleared right now besides me in my eyes, plus his power basically lets him protect himself from the kill every night. He could use his immunity to the DF kill to basically draw it out til the DFs quit and he can lynch them unopposed (I feel like Meta is the most stubbornly active player left in this game, too).

Just to make sure, Elodin, Lopen, Meta and myself are the last 4 players in this game, right? And thanks for taking over, Wilson, I wasn't sure if the game just ended or what

Edit: Whoops, it's night. Ok, I'll target Elodin and we can lynch Lopen if necessary 

Edit 2: Hey Wilson, should we add you to the GM PMs?

Edited by Bugsy6912

You've got to be freaking kidding me! :angry:

Lopen defending Winter seems more to me like he already knew her alignment rather than an attempt to protect an innocent. It's a fairly common tactic. Protect someone that you know is innocent so that you can say, "I told you so!" later on. I'm not saying that is what happened here, but I'm not willing to discount it considering the game isn't freaking over! 

I have an idea, but I don't want to put it in thread. We could still lose this one if we're not careful after all. 

EDIT: and a very big thank you to Wilson! Remember to add her to your GM PMs if you want your orders to count!

Edited by Metacognition

47 minutes ago, Metacognition said:

You've got to be freaking kidding me! :angry:

Lopen defending Winter seems more to me like he already knew her alignment rather than an attempt to protect an innocent. It's a fairly common tactic. Protect someone that you know is innocent so that you can say, "I told you so!" later on. I'm not saying that is what happened here, but I'm not willing to discount it considering the game isn't freaking over! 

I have an idea, but I don't want to put it in thread. We could still lose this one if we're not careful after all. 

EDIT: and a very big thank you to Wilson! Remember to add her to your GM PMs if you want your orders to count!

Funny you suggest I did that, considering I accused Elodin of doing that exact thing on like, Cycle 2. :P

Seriously though, my defense of Winter was because I've had somewhat of a village read on her throughout the game(at least, for as long as she played) and a Darkfriend read on Elodin since the first Cycle. Read back through the first few Cycles and you'll see I'm telling the truth. I do suggest reading through the early parts of the game again if you haven't for a while. Bugsy, you should too. At this point, we only have 3 suspects. Me, Meta, and Elodin. I know I'm village, so I only have 2 suspects. Out of Meta and Elodin, I'm leaning heavily towards Elodin, though I had some hesitation about trusting Meta for a while, I doubt he'd have bussed pretty much every one of his teammates like that, plus it just really seems like Elodin is a DF.

And yes, thank you Wilson!

Thank you Wilson, for getting this cycle rolling while I was MIA. I know as a GM, this is really bad behaviour and even worse precedent to be setting, and am doing my best to make sure it won't be a problem in the future. That said, game is continuing as it was, and end will be 12AM Thursday, so Wednesday at Midnight. For reals this time. >.>

Long Game 22, Day 11:  TheTowers of Midnight

---------------------

TheMightyLopen was attacked by Wolves but survived!

Day 11 will end at 12AM EST Saturday the 23rd, so just under 48hours, more like 45.

Player List:
Meta
Lopen
Elodin
Bugsy

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Sorry Lopen, since there hadn't been a DF attack for awhile I figured a threat of an attack was enough to stay Elodin's hand for long enough to test your claim of Aiel Blooded. Oh, and it's a risk, but how does everyone feel about giving Meta the mayorship so he can win in a 1v1 situation? I think it's a pretty good idea, since it means our second most cleared and invincible player can win the game for us even if 2 village die. So long as Meta isn't a DF, he remains active, and only 1 DF is remaining, we literally can't lose.

You attacked me. D: Well, no real harm done, given there was no DF attack. I lost a bit of blood, but I'm okay. :P

I don't mind Meta getting the mayorship. Pretty certain the game's gonna end once we lynch Elodin anyways. He defended Sart in a roundabout way on Day 1 by attacking Wilson, he also defended Gunshy from Wilson on Day 1. He helped lynch Gunshy, but only to save his own life, and even then, it took him a little while to actually put down his vote on Gunshy once the lynch started to turn to him. Seonid tried to get the lynch off of him and on to Bard. And I think that's most of what I consider "evidence" against Elodin. I'm probably missing some important parts, which I'll probably list later, if needed.

Oh I planned to. I just hadn't been on the Shard yet today, Bugsy! :)

I'm really hoping that this is finally over after we lynch Elodin today. If not, that means that Lopen has played this extremely well! That's why we hit you last night, Lopen and also why I didn't say anything in thread. If I had said that we were going to hit you and Elodin was the DF, then he could attack as well, knowing that we weren't going to attack him during the night. We needed to keep him from using the kill by trying to protect himself. It also let us test your Aiel-Bloodedness on the off chance that you had been lying about it this entire time without risking you actually dying because of it if you weren't.

Also, Meta. I talked to Bugsy about this a bit as well, but if you are the DF Lopen, then this secures a village win. If you get us to lynch Elodin and then kill Bugsy during the night, then the game ends in a draw. You won't be able to kill me in the night but I won't be able to lynch you during the day because the mayorship would be up in the air. On the other hand, if the mayor votes are tied, the previous mayor stays in power; thus giving me the vote we'd need to lynch you if you're the DF. 

This is all just precaution though. If you are the DF, then you're definitely the MVP of this game, just for how well you've fooled us all! But better to play it safe on the chance that you are and lynch Elodin now than realize later that we could've won if we had just been a bit more cautious. 

EDIT: Upvotes all around for a game well played! :)

Edited by Metacognition

Elodin was lynched! They were the final Darkfriend Dreamwalker!

Village wins!

--------

I promise to get the write-up stories finished and posted as soon as possible. Hopefully starting after this weekend. (Participating in Magic the Gathering tournaments all weekend! :D )
Well done to the village and all the players for sticking this game out, and I apologize again for how long some of those rollovers and delays were, and appreciate everybody's patience and good spirit about everything!

Will post the Docs and links later when I have more time to compile and get everything good to go. Thanks again, everybody!

6 minutes ago, Master Elodin said:

Darn it! So close.

You have no idea how close. That last post of yours almost had me convinced you were village.

I literally had a post typed up about how I was so sure that Meta was the final DF that I was willing to let myself be lynched instead of you so that you and Bugsy would lynch Meta the next Day. So glad I held myself back and didn't let my paranoia take control completely. :rolleyes:

Edited by TheMightyLopen

2 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

You have no idea how close. That last post of yours almost had me convinced you were village.

I literally had a post typed up about how I was so sure that Meta was the final DF that I was willing to let myself be lynched instead of you so that you and Bugsy would lynch Meta the next Day. So glad I held myself back and didn't let my paranoia take control completely. :rolleyes:

Really? Darn it paranoia, never there when I need you the most.

If not for shifting cycle times and Jaimee getting caught in an internet dead zone in the hour before and after Day 5 ended, game would have ended by Cycle 6 with a corrupted victory! It was that one lynch (when Aonar was lynched) - if Jaimee had been able to get on, her vote, plus her vote for mayor would have shifted the lynch off of Aonar, and at that point, there would not have been anything you guys could have done to stop us! We'd have corrupted Elodin, so he and Rubiks could both win, and with the darkfriend kill, and both Ta'veren, it was just a matter of culling the herd somewhat. With Jaimee as mayor, plus 4 other corrupted team mates, (and an inactive winter) we'd have control over the lynch, and if Bugsy put in a kill order, it would get redirected. And there were sufficient players without protection to get us the numerical victory.

Edited by Haelbarde

5 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

If not for shifting cycle times and Jaimee getting caught in an internet dead zone in the hour before and after Day 5 ended, game would have ended by Cycle 6 with a corrupted victory! It was that one lynch (when Aonar was lynched) - if Jaimee had been able to get on, her vote, plus her vote for mayor would have shifted the lynch off of Aonar, and at that point, there would not have been anything you guys could have done to stop us! We'd have corrupted Elodin, so he and Rubiks could both win, and with the darkfriend kill, and both Ta'veren, it was just a matter of culling the herd somewhat. With Jaimee as mayor, plus 4 other corrupted team mates, (and an inactive winter) we'd have control over the lynch, and if Bugsy put in a kill order, it would get redirected. And there were sufficient players without protection to get us the numerical victory.

It always saddens me when real life interferes with a team's chance of victory (even though in this case I'm somewhat glad it happened, as otherwise my team would have lost). Regardless, your team did very well though. I can never seem to get a read on you (which by default makes me suspicious of you) but it wasn't until later in the game when I had enough information to really figure it out that it was you. Shout out to @jaimeleecee for doing a great job in both your first game and as your first time being evil.

And of course, many thanks (and upvotes) for our great GM, Gamma Fiend! I especially look forward to the write ups involving my lynch and my death, even though both of those moments (particularly the first) were very painful for me as a player.

Ugh, and once again, congratulations to the @TheMightyLopen for surviving until the end. I really need to figure out (and emulate) how you last in these games so often. Maybe I should try hanging my handle to TheMightierLopen...

Yeah :'(. Nevermind me pretending we won. If I tell enough people who believe that I won, that becomes the truth right!? :P

Something Aonar didn't end up bringing up, when he took over for me was my awful record of being a scanner - QF7 (a game in which most players had powers) I managed to scan all the powerless players, AG2, I scanned all the smokers, and didn't find a single spiked, and I think there was a third game I did just a poorly... Point was, me having awful luck with my scans would be well in character. And it'd also explain why I was so cautious about trusting anyone - why claim when you have the luxury of actually knowing for certain what alignment someone is?

And indeed, well done Jaime. Apologies for throwing you in the deep end in your first game. :)

Edited by Haelbarde

I was at scout camp for the last week, and came back to find this.  And I mean, wow.  I thought Lopen would be dead before I left.  Or that Meta would be lynched.  It was a fun game, though.  

14 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

I needed to vote as well, and I was cleaning the house, so I completely spaced it.  I'm still sorry, @Haelbarde.

2 hours ago, RubiksCube said:

I was at scout camp for the last week, and came back to find this.  And I mean, wow.  I thought Lopen would be dead before I left.  Or that Meta would be lynched.  It was a fun game, though.  

I needed to vote as well, and I was cleaning the house, so I completely spaced it.  I'm still sorry, @Haelbarde.

From memory, your vote would have been insurance, in case a villager who hadn't voted Aonar got on and did so last minute, but it was Jaime's double vote that we needed, so there's no need ti concern yourself - I don't think your vote would have changed anything. Those people weren't on though, and even if the lynch were tied, which may have been the case, I think all it would have done is delayed our victory by a turn.