Appearance of Dalinar and Prof

Vin(Diesel)

I usually have an image of each character in my mind, but every now and then, a character comes along that I just can't form a coherent image of, or at least, a coherent image of that matches the descriptions in the books.

Dalinar Kholin I have a little trouble imagining. 

I have a worse time imagining Jonathan Phaedrus, aka Prof, from Brandon Sanderson's Reckoners series. 

Can y'all share fanart of Dalinar or Prof that fits with the books' description and you think matches the personality of the character? Or could you share photos of actors or other people who you think resemble one of those characters? I would appreciate it. 

This is the Dalinar one I find most accurate to the description:

Spoiler

randy-vargas-vargasni-worth-1.jpg?159048

Often, his portrayal in fan art is a bit too polished, considering that Shallan basically describes him as pretty ugly with a nose that was apparently broken several times. I definitely understand why artists make him a bit more presentable for their art. But this one, Randy Vargas, has created a great work of art with a rough Dalinar. Really fantastic.

I listen to the audio books, and Prof is always, always Dominic Purcell from Prison Break.  Had that image from the first time I heard him speak.  

Dalinar's harder, but I almost picture King Leonidas. I know he's clean shaven and his skin is darker, but that's just who I picture.  I have an easier time picturing Kaladin.

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2021 at 10:29 AM, Invocation said:

I've always pictured Prof like Idris Elba (with a little more grey hair), if that helps you at all. 

I kinda do see him a bit like Idris, but more scared, with the broken nose and everything. Also more wrinkles and grey hair, and slightly lighter skin. Idris in skin tone is more Makabaki, Alethi have dark skin, but it is described as more of a tan, and is compared to a mix between an Asian and pacific islander.  

But yeah, he is rather close to what I imagine in terms of hair style and facial structure.

Edit: Oh you said Prof. Not Dalinar. Oops.  

Edited by Zoey