FOTT - Earth 2767

Spren of Kindness

Columbia was bored, so she decided to explore. It doesn't matter if My leg is crippled. She thought. I can still do things.

While walking, she noticed an odd group of people. Still a bit bored, she decided to lurk. You sure this is a good idea? We don't want to be rude. Erin thought to her.

I don't know if you noticed, but being rude isn't generally something I care about. She watched them from her hiding spot behind a bush.

Remembrance flicks its tail again, mentally exploring the out-most thoughts and emotions of each individual present.

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Columbia was bored, so she decided to explore. It doesn't matter if My leg is crippled. She thought. I can still do things.

While walking, she noticed an odd group of people. Still a bit bored, she decided to lurk. You sure this is a good idea? We don't want to be rude. Erin thought to her.

I don't know if you noticed, but being rude isn't generally something I care about. She watched them from her hiding spot behind a bush.

It stops suddenly, and expands its mind outwards in all directions. A tidal wave of curiosity (tinged with anxiety) would berate the group, but Remembrance had no time to worry about that. It had felt a very strange flux of thought originating from somewhere nearby, and it was determined to find the source.

Just now, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Remembrance flicks its tail again, mentally exploring the out-most thoughts and emotions of each individual present.

It stops suddenly, and expands its mind outwards in all directions. A tidal wave of curiosity (tinged with anxiety) would berate the group, but Remembrance had no time to worry about that. It had felt a very strange flux of thought originating from somewhere nearby, and it was determined to find the source.

Neither Columbia or Erin were paying attention. They were a bit too busy arguing.

Well okay Captain Fishface. Have it your way. An annoyed Erin thought.

Columbia groaned inwardly. I thought we agreed to never speak of that again! Not after you died... Besides, I'm not intruding. I'm merely people watching.

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

Neither Columbia or Erin were paying attention. They were a bit too busy arguing.

Well okay Captain Fishface. Have it your way. An annoyed Erin thought.

Columbia groaned inwardly. I thought we agreed to never speak of that again! Not after you died... Besides, I'm not intruding. I'm merely people watching.

Its mind had not expanded very far before encountering the warping flux again. There! Remembrance projected in innocent triumph. The waves of emotion ceased as Remembrance curtailed its mind from the general area, focusing its attention on the location of the foreign amalgamation of personalities. A tendril of thought unfolded from Remembrance, reaching out towards the flux, carefully exploring. The probe met the outer consciousness of Columbia and Erin, and then Remembrance hesitated. It seemed as if there was not one consciousness, but... two? Two beings? Confusion filled the creature, for it had only sensed a single body! Now it had to know what this new being was, and so it continued into the collective psyche, ushering a confused, but curious hail.

What are you?

Edited by EchoOfThePlanes

2 minutes ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Its mind had not expanded very far before encountering the warping flux again. There! Remembrance projected in innocent triumph. The waves of emotion cease as Remembrance curtails its mind from the general area, focusing its attention on the location of the foreign amalgamation of personalities. A tendril of thought snaps away from Remembrance, exploring the flux carefully. The probe meets the outer consciousness of Columbia and Erin, and Remembrance hesitates. It seemed as if there was not one consciousness, but... two? Two beings? Confusion filled the creature, for it had only sensed a single body! Now it had to know what this new being was, and so it continued into the collective psyche, ushering a confused, but curious hail.

What are you?

Columbia froze in shock. Luckily, Erin was able to respond. I'm Erin, and I'm a soul that got stuck in my friend's body after I died. We're both human. Don't ask how I got stuck in here, because we don't quite know. 

Uh... what is going on? OH NO! ARE YOU GOING TO BE SHARING A BODY WITH US?????? Asked Columbia

Please don't. It's crowded enough as is. Erin thought warily. 

20 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Columbia froze in shock. Luckily, Erin was able to respond. I'm Erin, and I'm a soul that got stuck in my friend's body after I died. We're both human. Don't ask how I got stuck in here, because we don't quite know. 

Uh... what is going on? OH NO! ARE YOU GOING TO BE SHARING A BODY WITH US?????? Asked Columbia

Please don't. It's crowded enough as is. Erin thought warily. 

Now Remembrance understood! It knew of others who had spontaneously Sealed to bodies after death. Some called it a natural occurence, and perhaps it was just that (in certain universes, at least), yet still others insisted on the necessity for a director of such a Sealing. And perhaps a director was necessary. Who was to say which is correct and which is incorrect when each universe had differing laws? Certainly not Remembrance, for its purpose was and is to remember. These two people, however, were different. Sealing a body that was already inhabited? It had no knowledge of that. It drew its attention back to the meshed mind, projecting its understanding. This is not so. I remain my own spirit-entity. A moment of silence, then, What is your name? That was directed at Columbia.

Edited by EchoOfThePlanes

36 minutes ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Now Remembrance understood! It knew of others who had spontaneously Sealed to bodies after death. Some called it a natural occurence, and perhaps it was just that (in certain universes, at least), yet still others insisted on the necessity for a director of such a Sealing. And perhaps a director was necessary. Who was to say which is correct and which is incorrect when each universe had differing laws? Certainly not Remembrance, for its purpose was and is to remember. These two people, however, were different. Sealing a body that was already inhabited? It had no knowledge of that. It drew its attention back to the meshed mind, projecting its understanding. This is not so. I remain my own spirit-entity. A moment of silence, then, What is your name? That was directed at Columbia.

Oh phew. One extra person inside my head is enough. I'm Columbia. She said, very obviously relieved.

Who are you? Erin asked.

7 hours ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Remembrance projects a brief stab of amusement, its apparent equivalent of a laugh, and flicks its tail.

I am not human, I am Remembrance.

I am very interested. 

So if everyone's all right with that, then I'd start working on a character who knows the Speech.

Martin frowns.  "Eh..."  To be fair, it would make some sense for them to be oddly clothed.  You wear what you can find, especially if you're some kind of roamer.  "I think we could all pass, but a lot of us would be remembered."

Could I get some descriptions of characters?

Ely, smallish boy appearing about eight years of age, with somewhat creepy dark eyes, red hair, and freckles. Wearing a simple white undershirt with a red plaid button-up, quite pointedly not buttoned-up, T-shirt thing over it. Bright blue jeans.

"Do you want me to be human, or, like, a bug?"