Chaotic Light: A CBST-Verse Adventure

Zephrun’s Imperium

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Emily's eyes widened. NB could see her? How? She put a finger to her lips, then mouthed "Alone," and gestured to a side alcove.

@Fallapede

I didn't realize she was supposed to still be invisible. Let's just roll with it, I guess.

Night's Blossom nodded quietly, following Emily over to the quieter space.

"It's good to see you," she murmured.

"Came here . . . Fell . . . Before me . . . Taken away . . ." A vague sense of frustration entered the creature's voice, but it watched this boss carefully. Angering a being this powerful in their own domain was unadvisable, but might be necessary if Phoenix was to be dealt with.

Edited by The Ward's Guard

17 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Hearing the shift in her tone, Vulpy turned around to see a curious sight. "Uh, no offense pal, but you don't look like you belong here."  In a moment, he shook his head to clear it before smiling again. "What brings you to our humble plane intended for our torment?"

"I was brought here," Pheonix said. "They told me to work. They, uh, didn't tell me what to work on."

1 hour ago, Fallapede said:

Night's Blossom's demeanor shifted immediately, her eyes hardening as she looked at her sister. "Which do you think me: stupid or weak-willed?"

Emily stared at her sister. "...what?" she responded weakly. "Why... what?"

13 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"I was brought here," Pheonix said. "They told me to work. They, uh, didn't tell me what to work on."

"Oh, easy enough." Vulpy dusted his hands off. "Something to do with mining the sparkly stuff, I'm sure. Although what it is an' what it does is beyond me. But I'm more than eager to find out if you wanna help me."

"Why were you chasing him in the first place? Pheonix is harmless."

"He is . . ." The Corpse made a hissing noise, and spoke the next word as if it were poison to its tongue. "A Narrator . . . None are harmless."

On 2/14/2022 at 11:36 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"How about no. Not in my palace. Guards!"

"Don't . . . Want to do . . . This . . ." It stared directly into Selill's eyes, a resolve harder than stone evident in whatever was left of its face.