Chaotic Light: A CBST-Verse Adventure

Zephrun’s Imperium

12 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"Oh please," he waved the comment away with a smile. "I take a five minute break, and everyone forgets that I'm Vulpine."

Without needing a second cue, the Corpse launched into action, choosing to attempt a body tackle against the newcomer as every bone in its body shot shards of Mordite through its skin. Every spine tore through whatever it came into contact with ease, the floor beneath the creature beginning to decay as countless scratches were etched into the floor.

Darius grabbed Grace's arm. "We need to leave," he murmured.

The pair (along with Spade) vanished.

9 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“‘Cause if you don’t, we’ll just end up forgetting about you.”

Vulpy chuckled, a smile spreading across his face as he brightened. "You drive a hard bargain, pal." Stepping forward, he offered the package of food to the man. "Best not forg-"

The newcomer paused before pushing the package into the miner and looking towards Night's Blossom. "Whoa, and who are you, my Lovely Lady?"

@Fallapede

7 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Darius grabbed Grace's arm. "We need to leave," he murmured.

The pair (along with Spade) vanished.

The Corpse withdraw its spikes in an instant. It had told Star staying was a bad idea, and these "Enullers" would almost certainly be back.

Edited by The Ward's Guard

Star sheathed her sword. "Good freaking riddance. C'mon, Corpse, I need a beer." She grabbed the thing's hand - immediately regretting touching the decaying sinew - and pulled it along to walk with her to a shadowed corner of the Hall where she could watch things. 

The Narrators that had gathered to watch the small confrontation immediately dispersed as if nothing had happened.

Narrator Shadow put her hands on her hips, looking confident despite her diminutive height. She had just returned from a rampage and had blood on the cuffs of her sleeves, holding a half-empty bottle of vodka by one finger. "Hey, you," she said, clearly drunk. "Get outta my seat, punk." It was not, in fact, her seat, but the pale Asian boy sitting in it seemed easy to cow. 

"Can't do that." Shadow shoved him back into more chairs. "I want to fight!" she growled, stumbling forward on uneven footing. "Come on, come at me! You're a Narrator; act like one."

Hearing the crash from her corner, Star raised an eyebrow. Shadow, she thought, narrowing her eyes. She stood up to confront the woman, metal shoes clanking.

Edited by Zephrun's Imperium

Shadow summoned a hatchet to her hand with blinding speed and moved to throw it. Just before she could, however, Star stepped between her and the boy. "Shadow, leave the kid alone, he hasn't done anything."

Edited by Zephrun's Imperium
Keep forgetting Shadow isn't Heather yet...

"He was in my seat," Shadow spat. 

Star rolled her eyes, continuing in her southern drawl. "Oh please. Pick on someone your own size, Shadow, you know better, even drunk. Now do I have to fight you or-"

"You're not worth my freaking time." She threw the hatchet into the ground and started to walk away, taking a long swig on her drink.

"Are you going to apologize to the kid?" Star yelled after Shadow. 

"Hell no!"

Then I'll do it myself, Star thought. She found Pheonix's mental signature and followed it to discover his hiding spot. She stood over him, her shadow covering his form. "Hey." Her greeting was more terse than she intended.