Chaotic Light: A CBST-Verse Adventure

Zephrun’s Imperium

11 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The Corpse snapped into action, its rotting limbs moving faster than the beat of a heart. A shard of its Mordite skeleton piercing up and through its hand, puncturing the lifeless skin with ease. Without any hesitation, it jabbed directly for the Enuller's heart.

Grace confidently projected a barrier as a shield...

...that the Corpse's attack cut right through. Grace gasped, catching the attack on her Silent blade. Where the blade touched Corpse's flesh, it annihilated it.

@The Ward's Guard

Edited by xinoehp512

11 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Grace confidently projected a barrier as a shield...

...that the Corpse's attack cut right through. Grace gasped, catching the attack on her Silent blade.

At the moment of contact, the Corpse danced away. It studied Grace for only a moment before lunging forward again. It jabbed towards the Enuller in rapid succession, making the dance of combat into a brutal engagement with no regard for its own safety.

It lunged and struck aggressively, taking no care for defense as it pressed Grace in an attempt to force her to focus completely on it.

Grace managed to block attack after attack, her blade slicing the Corpse's flesh but not its bone. But the Corpse's whole body was a weapon, and Grace was severely outmatched. A deflected attack scraped against her skin, drawing blood. It stung. Grace gasped - not so much at the injury, but at the fact that it had pierced her mental defenses against pain.

Mordite, she realized with horror.

The creature growled deeply in its rotting throat, trying to intimidate the Enuller.

"That's . . . " Its voice barely formed words on a tongue that had rarely tasted them. "The idea . . ."

These gods and goddesses we're rarely reminded of their own mortality. Now that the Corpse had the power to kill them, to remind them that death can claim all, it did not intend to let them forget.

Edited by The Ward's Guard

"Ho there!" A gangly man walked down the hallway, obviously another slave. But even for a slave, he was unkept and unruly. Although most importantly, he clearly hadn't been around this part of the mine, before.

Regardless, he smiled broadly at the folk who were gathered, his demeanor as if he were approaching lifelong friends. "You guys started without me!"

Edited by The Ward's Guard

30 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ille pushed a bucket beneath their spoils, frowning. "How'd you find that so fast?"

"I know what to look for," Night's Blossom replied. To her, it really was that simple: she had gotten a good enough idea of the material from the sample she'd examined that she suspected she could seek it out blindfolded.

44 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"I know what to look for," Night's Blossom replied. To her, it really was that simple: she had gotten a good enough idea of the material from the sample she'd examined that she suspected she could seek it out blindfolded.

"That's..."

Incredible. Impossible. Amazing.

"...Really dangerous."

42 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Ille glanced over at him. "Oh hey. Who're you?"

4 hours ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

“It tried,” said Star to Grace. “It was unable to. Now leave.”

A crowd of Narrators had gathered around the group by now, interested by a sight they so rarely saw in person; confrontation.

The air rippled with Silence, and another Ennuller appeared. 

Grace blinked. Darius? Why had he come, of all people?

Suddenly Star felt drunk. She growled, gesturing for Corpse to attack again. "Fine," she said. "I'll be the bad guy."

Her supervillain-esque outfit flipped in on itself, turning into sleek plate mail, and she summoned a sword to her. She doubted she'd have to use it, but in the case that she did, she had it. 

Edited by Zephrun's Imperium

1 hour ago, Fallapede said:

"What kind of danger does it present, and to whom?"

"Oh please," he waved the comment away with a smile. "I take a five minute break, and everyone forgets that I'm Vulpine."

17 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Suddenly Star felt drunk. She growled, gesturing for Corpse to attack again. "Fine," she said. "I'll be the bad guy."

Her supervillain-esque outfit flipped in on itself, turning into sleek plate mail, and she summoned a sword to her. She doubted she'd have to use it, but in the case that she did, she had it. 

Without needing a second cue, the Corpse launched into action, choosing to attempt a body tackle against the newcomer as every bone in its body shot shards of Mordite through its skin. Every spine tore through whatever it came into contact with ease, the floor beneath the creature beginning to decay as countless scratches were etched into the floor.