Chaotic Light: A CBST-Verse Adventure

Zephrun’s Imperium

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Cooperate, creature," Selil said, "and I won't have to kill you."

With a loud crack, the Corpse launched forward like an arrow shot from a bow. Faster than the eye could blink, it covered the distance between itself and the dark lord. shoving its arm forward, the Corpse produced a Mordite blade aimed directly for where Selill's Narrational Core should be.

Time slowed.

Selil's eyes narrowed, calculating. This creature was inhumanly fast, and that blade could snuff out a Narrator's life in just instants. If it really did exist to kill Narrators, then it would have almost no trouble doing so.

But Selil wasn't just any Narrator. He growled, swished his cape--

Appearing behind the creature, Selil whipped out his sword and swung at its back.

The blade cut through the Corpse's flesh with ease, like a hot knife through butter. However, it stopped at the creature's bones, unable to harm them. Just as the blade made contact, the bones shifted around it to lock the blade in place as the creature shifted to strike back. Every movement it made, down to the stance its feet took was unnatural for the body the creature had. Looking as if its arms should dislocate themselves, the creature struck towards the Narrator without fully turning around without so much as a pause.

Selil yanked on the blade, then leapt backwards as the creature started to move. He was somewhat confident that he could draw the blade back out, but that wouldn't achieve anything. Clearly, normal methods wouldn't kill this thing.

Decayed flesh. Powerful bones. It could contort, and was seemingly immune to pain. Was this thing even killable?

Covering his exposed arms in hard iron plating, Selil put himself on the defensive. Long fights required reading: so he needed some actions to read.

The Corpse rolled its shoulders. It was a meaningless display as its bones bent the blade before letting it fall to the ground, rust evident on its surface as the sword started to wither away. Disregarding the piece of inferior metal, the Corpse turned to face Selill as if it didn't have a care in the world except for dealing death to this Narrator. 

It lunged forward, pushing for the offensive as it flicked its wrists, forcing shards of Mordite through its flesh until its hands and arms were covered with the black spines. It swung wildly for the narrator, uncaring for what it struck.

On 2/14/2022 at 0:26 PM, The Ward's Guard said:

"Oh, easy enough." Vulpy dusted his hands off. "Something to do with mining the sparkly stuff, I'm sure. Although what it is an' what it does is beyond me. But I'm more than eager to find out if you wanna help me."

"Uh, okay." He picked up a pick and gave the wall a gentle tap.

8 hours ago, Fallapede said:

"I knew this would happen," Night's Blossom whispered. "It's why I couldn't bring myself to tell you."

Emily breathed in and out. In and out. I cant- I cant- I cant-