Remaking of Unmade

1 hour ago, Mr Bear said:

I too agree with this theory. If BAM is not a splinter of odium, then she could've been a former bondsmith spren who has somehow been corrupted.

She could connected with singers. We know that the singers were the original inhabitants of roshar and thus it could be that she was a splinter of honor and her job was to provide them with forms and stormlight.The original inhabitants of roshar, i.e., the singers and the spren lost their minds after her imprisonment. The singers became parshmen and the deadeyes started existing. Also, the sibling lost the rhytms of honor after the act. The theory of BAM being a splinter of honor is reinforced by the fact because I dont think a splinter of odium will be able to impact the rhythms of honor. Maybe it was BAM responsible for the singers being able to listen the rhythms of roshar or maybe, she herself is the spren of roshar. 

All the Unmade are splinters of Odium

2 hours ago, Frustration said:

All the Unmade are splinters of Odium

We should add that the definition of a splinter is simply an entity that is Invested by a specific Intent/Shard above a certain level. So BAM being a splinter doesn't mean she wasn't once a Bondsmith spren that was corrupted. If Raboniel were successful in unmaking the Sibling, the resulting Unmade would be a splinter.

It seems to me that the Stormfather could actually be categorized as a spren similar to the Unmade. The Stormfather asserts that before Tanavast's death that he was more of a storm-- less cognizant-- and that when Tanavast died, his cognitive shadow fused with the Stormfather, permanently changing him. I'm not saying that the Stormfather is an Unmade, but that something similar happened to him as what happened to the Unmade. 

Edited by ShardplateJoe III
clarity

13 minutes ago, ShardplateJoe III said:

It seems to me that the Stormfather could actually be categorized as a spren similar to the Unmade. The Stormfather asserts that before Tanavast's death that he was more of a storm-- less cognizant-- and that when Tanavast died, his cognitive shadow fused with the Stormfather, permanently changing him. I'm not saying that the Stormfather is an Unmade, but that something similar happened to him as what happened to the Unmade. 

Stormfather is actually more powerful than the Unmade, the Sibling and NIghtwatcher are more on their level.

Yes this is what She is known for

Spoiler

I find Ba-Ado-Mishram to be the most interesting of the Unmade. She is said to have been keen of mind, a highprincess among the enemy forces, their commander during some of the Desolations. I do not know how this relates to the ancient god of the enemy, named Odium. 

—From Hessi's Mythica, page 203[1]

On 08/03/2021 at 0:13 AM, Aspiring Writer said:

There has only been three at a time. it is hinted there may be more. Also, a lot of the unmade are not sentient enough to form a bond or are sentient and really don't want to.

Pre-Recreance Stormfather wasn't very sapient either

On 08/03/2021 at 3:22 PM, nehalem said:

I feel there is a mistake here.  If the unmade were created by corrupting a spren with voidlight, I don't think infusing them with more voidlight is going to remake them.

I think you meant either

(1) Infuse them with anti-voidlight to cancel out the voidlight.  I think from what we saw in ROW the cancellation would be successful, but have the side effect of blowing up the spren.  So a failure.

(2) Infuse them with stormlight.  This might work.  It depends on if infusing them with voidlight pushed out all the original stormlight and replaced it with voidlight or you ended up with a spren the was 50-50 Honor/Odium.

(3) Infuse them with the Stormlight-AntiVoid hybrid

Just now, LewsTherinTelescope said:

I mean, if every bit of Stormlight you put in is accompanied by an explosion, then it's probably gonna be blasted away no matter what. 

If you go slowly enough there shouldn't be an explosion, just some heat generation.

Note that the Fused and Phendorana didn't explode

13 minutes ago, mathiau said:

If you go slowly enough there shouldn't be an explosion, just some heat generation.

"Explosion" is perhaps a strong word, but with the tiny amount of Light you'd have to be using, it's not likely to need much force to get rid of it, or at least keep it from "attaching" properly or whatever.

15 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Note that the Fused and Phendorana didn't explode

They didn't blow up in a large way, but the Fused burned internally and released smoke, and Phendorana's death was described this way:

Teft leaped for her, howling, watching in horror as she shrank, writhing as Moash’s dagger pinned her to the floor. Her essence burned, flaring outward like an explosion.