Masquerade - These Masks We Wear

Zephrun’s Imperium

12 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"Oh, that's quite simple. My family got an invitation to a ball some time ago, and I figured that it would only be polite to come. There was a slight issue with the invitation, but I've found it."

Caden glared at Jasper, "what were you doing so close to the King's personal chambers?"

2 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"I don't exactly live here, so I was looking for the ballroom. I suppose I must have gone in the wrong direction."

Caden growled at Jaspers answer before sitting down in a nearby chair, "surely a guest like yourself would have been brought straight to the ballroom. If you even are a guest."

4 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Caden growled at Jaspers answer before sitting down in a nearby chair, "surely a guest like yourself would have been brought straight to the ballroom. If you even are a guest."

"I'm sure I would've been, but by the time I found the invitation I'd already scaled the wall, and it just seemed silly to go back at that point."

15 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"I'm sure I would've been, but by the time I found the invitation I'd already scaled the wall, and it just seemed silly to go back at that point."

Caden placed a clenched fist on the table, "if you thought that you had no invitation on you, why would you try to get in?"

16 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Caden placed a clenched fist on the table, "if you thought that you had no invitation on you, why would you try to get in?"

"Like I said, it would've been rude if I just hadn't showed up. And it's lucky for you that I did, isn't it? That guy probably would've gotten away otherwise."

33 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"Like I said, it would've been rude if I just hadn't showed up. And it's lucky for you that I did, isn't it? That guy probably would've gotten away otherwise."

Caden drummed his fingers slowly on the table, "I know that you were involved in the attack somehow boy; not even the greatest fool would sneak his way into the King's castle if he couldn't find his invitation!"

8 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Caden drummed his fingers slowly on the table, "I know that you were involved in the attack somehow boy; not even the greatest fool would sneak his way into the King's castle if he couldn't find his invitation!"

"Well, I don't know about 'greatest', but if I were helping him why would I tell you about the weaknesses in your defenses or prevent him from escaping so you could apprehend him?"

Just now, Fallapede said:

"Well, I don't know about 'greatest', but if I were helping him why would I tell you about the weaknesses in your defenses or prevent him from escaping so you could apprehend him?"

Caden stood up violently, throwing aside his chair. "Don't play games with me boy! I don't care for the dance of politics!" Caden approached Jasper, grabbed the front of his shirt, and pulled him in close. "Who commanded you to attack the King!"

2 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"Ooooh, I get it. You confused me with the other guy. Totally understandable mistake. I'm Jasper, remember? We met in the hall before he tried to shoot the king, which I had no part in, just so you know. Does that help clear things up?"

Caden growled as he glared at the man in his grip before tossing him back. "Bah! You can't keep your secrets forever boy, but I can't waste my time on you!" Caden turned and took several steps towards the door before glancing back, "unfortunately, the King doesn't like me killing his guests. However, if you're not on the guest-list like you say . . ." Caden chuckled instead of ending the sentence and opened the door to step out.

3 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Shouting emanated from the room beside him and Darrin rolled his eyes. Oh, joy, he thought. This outta be good. 

Caden burst through the door into the room that they were keeping Derrin and marched straight up to the would-be assassin, "why did you try to assassinate the King!"

2 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Darrin's gag had been removed by the guards in the room, allowing him to declare, "His fashion sense was deplorable, sir, I had to do something about it."

Wow. Just wow. He is now my favorite character in the RP (besides Seraphina).

6 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Darrin's gag had been removed by the guards in the room, allowing him to declare, "His fashion sense was deplorable, sir, I had to do something about it."

Caden snarled, and when he approached Darrin he tried to grab him by his collar just as he did with Jasper. "I can kill you where you stand boy, now tell me! Why did you try to kill the King!"

Darrin was unfazed. "Well, you won't kill me until you know who hired me, so I think I'm pretty safe." 

Caden shouted in anger, tossing Darrin to the ground. "I have no time for this, assassin!" Caden drew his blade, "I may not be able be able to kill you yet, but I can make you suffer! Now tell me, who hired you!"

Just now, Shard of Thought said:

Darrin shook himself and stood, the ropes that had bound him - which he had sneakily untied - falling at his feet. "I thought the Raveness was in charge of torturing criminals," he said, folding his arms. "You don't have near as much presence as she does."

Ah.

Yes.

"Criminals."

Darrin shook himself and stood, the ropes that had bound him - which he had sneakily untied - falling at his feet. "I thought the Raveness was in charge of torturing criminals," he said, folding his arms. "You don't have near as much presence as she does."

Caden growled at the comparison. His stance changed from arrogant to wary as he watched Darrin's movements closely. "Oh? An assassin with a backbone? " Caden chuckled.