The Power of All Three?

Aspiring Writer

We don’t know, but we can theorize until we get more information about what is done to create an Unmade. I think that it depends on the Intent of the corruption. If Raboniel wanted the Sibling to be able to function on all three, then the corruption would have allowed that, but if she wanted only Voidlight to work, then only Voidlight would work.

4 hours ago, Chinkoln said:

We don’t know, but we can theorize until we get more information about what is done to create an Unmade. I think that it depends on the Intent of the corruption. If Raboniel wanted the Sibling to be able to function on all three, then the corruption would have allowed that, but if she wanted only Voidlight to work, then only Voidlight would work.

Would that not have allowed her to prove the existence of Warlight then? Hm...

10 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Would that not have allowed her to prove the existence of Warlight then? Hm...

No, the Sibling wouldn’t have been able to make Warlight until someone else theorized it and created it. Even if someone came and said “Warlight is the combination of Voidlight and Stormlight, you have the power to make it” the Sibling wouldn’t be able to. The Sibling needs to KNOW that Warlight is possible and needs to KNOW exactly what it needs to make, because everything in the Cosmere is about Intent. 

6 hours ago, Chinkoln said:

This feels right to me as well; it's about INTENT.

I will not be surprised when, at some point in the future of the series, the TENTH LIGHT (no coincidence there) somehow provides the final solution to Roshar's conflicts:

1. Stormlight 2. Anti-stormlight 3. Lifelight 4. Anti-lifelight 5. Voidlight 6. Anti-voidlight 7. Siblinglight (S+L) 8. Warlight (S+V) 9. Somethinglight (L+V) 10. The TENTH LIGHT (S+L+V)

On 1/10/2021 at 2:36 PM, AquaRegia said:

1. Stormlight 2. Anti-stormlight 3. Lifelight 4. Anti-lifelight 5. Voidlight 6. Anti-voidlight 7. Siblinglight (S+L) 8. Warlight (S+V) 9. Somethinglight (L+V) 10. The TENTH LIGHT (S+L+V)

You forget AntiTower AntiWar and Anti(V+L) and the anti for all three.

12 hours ago, AquaRegia said:

Well, heck.  If those also exist, that would make FOURTEEN.  Which is clearly not TEN.  Nor SIXTEEN.

And what if you can combine, say, Lifelight with ANTI-Stormlight?  Now there are 6 (or 9) MORE combinations...

Twelve more since storm+anti-void is not the same as void+anti-storm. If we can use all sixteen shard it become just dumb, 131 070 lights without storm+anti-void and 86 093 440 with it

I really think AquaRegia is on to something here.

And its got me thinking, 10 lights, 10 surges, 10 types of nahel-bond spren. Would those be connected somehow? 

Like we got Honor/Stormlight for Windrunners, anti-Honor/-Stormlight for Skybreakers? 

I don't think the the combinations have a anti-side, because that would make everything too complicated. Probably the two negative/anti lights combined would make a positive result. 

Orders_of_the_Knights_Radiant.png

6 minutes ago, Lazarus_NL said:

I don't think the the combinations have a anti-side, because that would make everything too complicated. Probably the two negative/anti lights combined would make a positive result.

It would make no sense for the combination not to have an anti-side, with the knowledge Navani have at the end of RoW she'll probably make anti-war with the next everstorm.

22 minutes ago, Shob the Voidbringer said:

i'm pretty sure this won't happen, but i really want more orders of radiants, with different surge combos

No! No more. We have enough! I can't keep track of more. maybe two or three, but no more! We have enough as it is.

maybe up to sixteen, cuz that makes sense, but no more after that, i don't want another twinborn chart for radients! You know how difficult they are to keep track? Guess with metals a spinner uses (My current rep title) You can't.

Edited by Aspiring Writer

Just now, Shob the Voidbringer said:

i'm pretty sure this won't happen, but i really want more orders of radiants, with different surge combos

If you compare the surgebinding chart with the voidbinding one, the orders are linked to the same surges with an additional weirdness for Truthwatchers and Boundsmiths (and no, Brandon didn't confirmed there where no voidbindind Boundsmiths, he confirmed there was no fused Boundsmiths and they're surgebinders). So Warbinders like Rlain will probably have the same surges used in a different way.