4 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Zola took the mug and sipped at it. "It's like melted chocolate, yum." She sniffed like she had when she had a cold.

“Ganache makes good chocolate,” Kelsier agreed.

”Best in South,” Eryn said calmly. “Is why he recruited me. To provide chocolate.”

Kelsier chuckled. “Which you then deprive me of.”

Eryn mock glared at her master. “Don’t have to give. You steal. Know; I count.”

16 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Ladashwy walked over to her door and opened it. "Come on in. We can talk about it in here if you want. But yes. I do understand." She grimaced. "Last month, I was living in the Terris Village. Then an assassin came after me, and now I feel like I don't have any control over what's happening anymore. I can't plan for things, I have to expect the unexpected, I have to be ready for anything and everything." She sighed. "Today I cracked. My brain hurt. I couldn't handle the sudden influx of information. And then it happened. I decided to go to a room at the back of that tavern, remember? What I didn't know about it was that the Survivor was in that room. I walked in, and I quickly passed out." She sighed. "Fast forward a bit, and I had remembered that I had a spike in my bag from before I left the Village. It was one of the ones that the assassin had tried to kill me with. I ran back to try to help, and after I did, I went into shock. Not long after, we were all talking when I suddenly had a panic attack. Everyone tried to help me with it, and that helped." She shook her head. "I can guarantee that I will have many more problems like this in the future. They aren't usually one-time things. Each time, I got overwhelmed with what was going on." She walked into her room. "Everything became too much too handle, so my brain shut down. I freaked out, and I felt like a failure afterward. I felt like I wasn't good enough. That if I had been good enough, I wouldn't have reacted the way I had. That I would have been stronger. That I would have been able to handle everything." She sat down sadly on her bed. "I feel that way a little bit still. I have since I was a child. I'm not important. I'm not needed. No one cares about me." She sighed. "I know it isn't true, but I often have a hard time believing that it isn't, you know?"

Drae followed Lashadwy into time room and sat down on the floor. "I feel like I've been cracking ever since The Basin, today I finally shattered. My life is just in a million pieces at the moment. I used to deal with blackmarket aluminum in Elendel with two of my mates, they converted me to the church of the Survivor except I guess I never truly believed that someone could survive after death. I just don't get why someone would want to survive after death. Anyway, my disbelief was the downfall of me my mate's little business, you can probably see the trauma that failure has caused me." He said gesturing helplessly at himself. "Basically our little trio became a dysfunctional mess because of our religious debate and the Constables almost got to us. I managed to escape the Basin before I was caught, I'm not sure what happened to the other two. I was wandering alone broke and penniless for months, relying on my soothing to get me by. But the ability the merely 'get by' didn't help the fact that I was alone, betrayed and penniless; I was just at that tavern doing my usual rounds, looking for work, soothing people for free alcohol, stuff like that."

He lay down where he was and continued. He had been torn to pieces when he and his mates turned on each other, leaving themselves as easy picking for the law enforcement. It was like watching his life being taken from right under his nose and being replaced by something foul. "Then I learnt the The Survivor was actually alive, and I ...... You see, if the survivor is alive, then it's my fault that my downfall in Elendel happened the way it did. It was my disbelief that set off the ash mount. Kelsier being real means that I was wrong, an if I was wrong then it means that I'm the one that ruined everything. I'm the reason I'm broke and traumatized, it's my own rusting fault that I'm alone. Those friends of mine may have been caught and executed and it'd be my fault. It's just that I loved the life I had in Elendel, and Kelsier being alive means that I tipped it down the drain for nothing. I have no one left to blame." He closed his eyes and remorsefully played through his memories of the good times in Elendel "You are important to me, I don't think I'd be able to travel alone with Eryn, Zola's young, and the others are so...capable; I need you Lash, and you needn't ever have to doubt that fact." He felt himself slowly drifting to sleep, he had never spoken of his life before the roughs until now and  the sheer exhaustion of letting it all go laid heavily on him like a blanket that grieved for all he'd lost since "The Survivor's not really alive though, right?" he mumbled weakly.

1 minute ago, Lecky Twig said:

Drae followed Lashadwy into time room and sat down on the floor. "I feel like I've been cracking ever since The Basin, today I finally shattered. My life is just in a million pieces at the moment. I used to deal with blackmarket aluminum in Elendel with two of my mates, they converted me to the church of the Survivor except I guess I never truly believed that someone could survive after death. I just don't get why someone would want to survive after death. Anyway, my disbelief was the downfall of me my mate's little business, you can probably see the trauma that failure has caused me." He said gesturing helplessly at himself. "Basically our little trio became a dysfunctional mess because of our religious debate and the Constables almost got to us. I managed to escape the Basin before I was caught, I'm not sure what happened to the other two. I was wandering alone broke and penniless for months, relying on my soothing to get me by. But the ability the merely 'get by' didn't help the fact that I was alone, betrayed and penniless; I was just at that tavern doing my usual rounds, looking for work, soothing people for free alcohol, stuff like that."

He lay down where he was and continued. He had been torn to pieces when he and his mates turned on each other, leaving themselves as easy picking for the law enforcement. It was like watching his life being taken from right under his nose and being replaced by something foul. "Then I learnt the The Survivor was actually alive, and I ...... You see, if the survivor is alive, then it's my fault that my downfall in Elendel happened the way it did. It was my disbelief that set off the ash mount. Kelsier being real means that I was wrong, an if I was wrong then it means that I'm the one that ruined everything. I'm the reason I'm broke and traumatized, it's my own rusting fault that I'm alone. Those friends of mine may have been caught and executed and it'd be my fault. It's just that I loved the life I had in Elendel, and Kelsier being alive means that I tipped it down the drain for nothing. I have no one left to blame." He closed his eyes and remorsefully played through his memories of the good times in Elendel "You are important to me, I don't think I'd be able to travel alone with Eryn, Zola's young, and the others are so...capable; I need you Lash, and you needn't ever have to doubt that fact." He felt himself slowly drifting to sleep, he had never spoken of his life before the roughs until now and  the sheer exhaustion of letting it all go laid heavily on him like a blanket that grieved for all he'd lost since "The Survivor's not really alive though, right?" he mumbled weakly.

She honestly didn't know how to respond to that. Especially that one part... "I'm not quite sure about the Survivor... I mean, he died." She sighed.

Just now, Lecky Twig said:

"But he's not dead" Drae complained hopelessly 

"And he's hundreds of years older than us. I honestly think life would have gotten boring and depressing by now." She paused. "I have absolutely no idea how he is still alive." She admitted sadly. She prided herself on knowing things. It was her only real skill that didn't come from the metallic arts.

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Mostly died! Mostly dead is slightly alive.

sigh, if only Drae knew. 

"mmm," Drae said lazily in agreement. "like I said, I don't understand why someone would want to keep living after receiving a perfect opportunity to poof away into nothingness. My life's been long enough but my good pal death is nowhere in sight."

15 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

"mmm," Drae said lazily in agreement. "like I said, I don't understand why someone would want to keep living after receiving a perfect opportunity to poof away into nothingness. My life's been long enough but my good pal death is nowhere in sight."

She nodded. "I have definitely been there before. When it feels like it would be better to just melt away. To just cease to exist. When it feels like life has no meaning."

This conversation is really depressing to read.

Edited by Random Bystander

3 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

This conversation is really depressing to read.

Yup, that's Drae for ya. I'd be fine with backing off the gloom if it's making you guys sad. 

"Having nothing to live for, no one to live for. Wanting to sleep, but knowing you'll inevitably wake up and have to do it all again." he stared blankly at the ceiling and tears started to well in his eyes "I just don't know what to do. Everyone I've met I've let down. I thought I was letting them down for a reason, everthing I did had a cause. But Kelsier lives and I'm just a mess of a stuff up. I'm so tired Lashy...so tired." he trailed off amd basked in the unfamiliar room's silence. 

Edited by Lecky Twig

2 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

"Having nothing to live for, no one to live for. Wanting to sleep, but knowing you'll inevitably wake up and have to do it all again." he stared blankly at the ceiling and tears started to well in his eyes "I just don't know what to do. Everyone I've met I've let down. I thought I was letting them down for a reason, everthing I did had a cause. But Kelsier lives and I'm just a mess of a stuff up. I'm so tired Lashy...so tired." he trailed off amd basked in the unfamiliar room's silence. 

"I think I kind of know how you feel. I have 2 sisters, and 4 brothers, and I am the youngest. I have never been irreplaceable. My siblings all were, my friends all were, my colleagues all were. But not me. None of my research has ever made a difference. I feel like everything I do is useless, and I'm just running in circles trying to be useful." She sighed. "My life was turned upside down today, and I don't know what is real and what is fake anymore. I just want everything to stop changing."

7 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“Ganache makes good chocolate,” Kelsier agreed.

”Best in South,” Eryn said calmly. “Is why he recruited me. To provide chocolate.”

Kelsier chuckled. “Which you then deprive me of.”

Eryn mock glared at her master. “Don’t have to give. You steal. Know; I count.”

You're incredible at drawing. Like, wow.

Zola leaned against Eryn and sipped her chocolate. "I don't blame you," she told Kell.

23 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Zola leaned against Eryn and sipped her chocolate. "I don't blame you," she told Kell.

Thank you! I actually messed up originally; I forgot I needed to use the Gold symbol (M) and not the Bendalloy symbol (K). I’m a bit disappointed; the crossed Spears looked really cool.

38A75824-B3C6-4EE4-8B5A-E67465FBB7CA.jpeg.6a212342c404f6e1e6a7dbb58797897d.jpeg
As evidenced:

He smiled warmly at her. “Girl after my own heart.” He lowered his voice, leaning in to whisper conspiratorially. “Thievery is best form of flattery, you know. But don’t tell your Mom; she doesn’t believe me.”

Eryn shook her head, bemused. “Believe. But could just ask.”

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

Twice Steelran around the inn, watching. Perhaps he could sleep tonight... Twice was no Sentry, but he had plenty of practice not sleeping. Briefly, he thought he saw something glowing in the corner of his eye. Maybe he did need sleep... Letting go of most of his speed, Twice leaned up against a wall. These spikes... an interesting idea. Eventually, he dozed off into a sort of half-sleep, where he was conserving energy, but still had enough control to remain leaning against the wall. Something he had mastered a long time ago. Spikes... He thought as he Pushed himself up to the roof. Now that's a very interesting idea. Twice sat on the roof, waiting for something to happen. Something always did.

I dunno. He's not really interacting with anyone, so may as well just kind of idle around.

Edited by Omi the Counselor

5 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Twice Steelran around the inn, watching. Perhaps he could sleep tonight... Twice was no Sentry, but he had plenty of practice not sleeping. Briefly, he thought he saw something glowing in the corner of his eye. Maybe he did need sleep... Letting go of most of his speed, Twice leaned up against a wall. These spikes... an interesting idea. Eventually, he dozed off into a sort of half-sleep, where he was conserving energy, but still had enough control to remain leaning against the wall. Something he had mastered a long time ago. Spikes... He thought as he Pushed himself up to the roof. Now that's a very interesting idea. Twice sat on the roof, waiting for something to happen. Something always did.

He missed an interesting dinner... It has occurred to me that Twice is the only one not directly involved with one one of Scadrial’s ‘gods’.

12 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

He smiled again, warm and bright. “Think about it, alright?”

Kell: "ah yeah Marie wanted to talk so I did" 

Marie: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Marie stared after him as he smiled, then headed into one of the rooms. It honestly hadn't occurred to her that someone might want an Inquisitor for killing selectively, rather than simply setting them loose as needed. Shaking her head, she slipped into her own room and locked the door. She didn't plan on sleeping any more than eating, instead tapping the wakefulness stored in one of her bronze spikes, then leaning against the wall and closing her eyes. Sleep would make her more vulnerable than she'd like, but she considered perusing her copperminds for a while. 

9 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Marie stared after him as he smiled, then headed into one of the rooms. It honestly hadn't occurred to her that someone might want an Inquisitor for killing selectively, rather than simply setting them loose as needed. Shaking her head, she slipped into her own room and locked the door. She didn't plan on sleeping any more than eating, instead tapping the wakefulness stored in one of her bronze spikes, then leaning against the wall and closing her eyes. Sleep would make her more vulnerable than she'd like, but she considered perusing her copperminds for a while. 

Does she ever tap smell or burn tin? 

This is to everyone, tell me when someone taps smell or burns tin.

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

He smiled warmly at her. “Girl after my own heart.” He lowered his voice, leaning in to whisper conspiratorially. “Thievery is the best form of flattery, you know. But don’t tell your Mom; she doesn’t believe me.”

Eryn shook her head, bemused. “Believe. But could just ask.”

Zola sniffed again, changing the subject. "My nightmare... can I tell you about it?"