Weapons against the Fused

Oltux72

Raboniel developed a dagger to be used against the Fused. In a slightly modified version you can kill Spren with it. The Knights Radiant may want to copy it. However, there is one open question. How? The dagger contained Raysium. Apparently El's test confirmed that Taravangianium also does the job.

How are the Knights Radiant to replicate that? In principle they may know how to build such weapons. But apart from maybe a few pieces of scrap in Navani's office and the dagger Shallan has retrieved they have no Raysium. In fact they have no god metal at all. So what has she done?

15 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

Raboniel developed a dagger to be used against the Fused. In a slightly modified version you can kill Spren with it. The Knights Radiant may want to copy it. However, there is one open question. How? The dagger contained Raysium. Apparently El's test confirmed that Taravangianium also does the job.

How are the Knights Radiant to replicate that? In principle they may know how to build such weapons. But apart from maybe a few pieces of scrap in Navani's office and the dagger Shallan has retrieved they have no Raysium. In fact they have no god metal at all. So what has she done?

Technically shardblades are godmetals, but that irrelevant. I believe that Navani can make fabrials that can use anti-voidlight and kill Fused. That's what I would assume she would do.

4 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

The dagger might not be strictly necessary. After all, the very first anti-voidlight sphere (from Gavilar) somehow reacted and triggered an explosion without the use of such a dagger. It must have made contact with voidlight somehow anyways. I know this isn't the same as contacting the investure of a Fused, but I think knowing that it isn't necessary in one scenario at least opens the possibilities somewhat.

Theoretically, all the anti-voidlight needs is contact with the investure that comprises the Fused's cognitive shadow. We know that one way to make investure leave a gemstone is by breaking it (this works with spren, I think with stormlight? But i'm not entirely sure). I think that if you crushed up a sphere containing anti-voidlight it could conceivably release it. That means throwing them at the Fused and hoping the splatter on impact or something.

Other than that, I guess they'd need to steal some Raysium. The Fused bring those spears into combat, so the Radiants could probably nab them if they defeat any.

9 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Apparently El's test confirmed that Taravangianium also does the job.

I think the metal is named after the original vessel, not the current. And yeah, as far as we know a new vessel doesn't change anything about the godmetal though El probably doesn't know this so makes sense he'd want to test it

9 hours ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

I think the metal is named after the original vessel, not the current. And yeah, as far as we know a new vessel doesn't change anything about the godmetal though El probably doesn't know this so makes sense he'd want to test it

The metal will slowly change over time.