All this time, we've been asking the wrong questions about bonding multiple spren

Necessary Eagle

You would need to bond to two spren of different orders as if they’re the same order you would just get double the amount of creation spren ( or whatever your order is) which woundnt make that much of a difference 

I can see this work for a Windrunner+ anyone else.     They would send their Windrunner plate out to protect while keeping their other set near them

Is bonding spren of different orders confirmed is there a WoB on it?

Edit: in 2014 Brandon said this

Macen

You've pretty much implied yes [to bonding more than one spren].

Brandon Sanderson

I did not say yes.

Questioner

You implied.  <What about> more than one type of spren?  Different types of spren?

Brandon Sanderson

Let's see what happens.  This is not impossible.  

Footnote: Brandon has also stated humans can theoretically bond multiple spren (http://wob.coppermind.net/events/156/#e2841).

I’m not sure if this is a yes or a no 

But it seems like a no

Edited by Bejardin1250
To not Double Post

• 4 months later...
12 hours ago, Unite Them said:

I wonder if Helarans blade is testament? 

I’m not sure how this would work. Helaran’s Blade was bonded to Amaram from shortly before WoK through the end of OB, at which point it belongs to Rock. I’m not sure what he did with it, but if it had ended up in Shallan’s possession by the end of RoW, I that would have been remarked on.

I don't see any way Helaran's Blade can be Testament.  Shallan broke her Oaths to Testament, but the Bond was not broken; she has always been able to summon Testament as a Blade, as when she needed to defend herself against Tyn.  I also assume Testament does not have a gemstone fabrial for bonding purposes, which means no one else except Shallan would ever be able to summon her.

Lin appears to have the same thought on the page when he sees Helaran's Blade.

Father sat down in a dining chair, face still pale. "How? A Shardblade. Where?" He glanced suddenly upward. "But no. It's different. Your new friends? They trust you with this wealth?"

WoR Chapter 19: Safe Things

For what it's worth, Lin seems to decide that the Shardblade is different from the one assumed to be Testament. Helaran's Blade is in Rock's possession, and according to his daughter, it is gathering dust in a box.