When I get my book I will

TMC29ZX

When I get my book I will  

76 members have voted

1. 1. When the book (digital or print) in my hands at midnight or tomorrow I will

• Re-read Book one because, like Arrowsmith, I don't want to miss a thing
    • Skip straight to the first interludes because I've already read Book 1 from the previews and ain't nobody got time to re-read till it's over
    • Look at all the color illustrations cause they are so much more amazing in person before I read anything
    • Skip straight to the Ars Arcanum to see what Khris has to say
    • Skip to the epilogue and see what Hoid is doing (don't tell me how to live my life)

On one hand I feel like I should reread part one just on principle, but on the other I might be too excited to get to the new stuff to pace myself like that. Although, participating in the discussion each week also let me get a better understanding of the part one chapters than I usually would have usually gotten...

Oh well, there's always the reread when book 5 comes out.

I couldn't wait so I've changed my Amazon account to an Australian one. I'm reading the book now about 9 hours before the release, guess I won't do anything other than read after I finish working

The first thing I've done was to look at the POV character of each part, I do this every book since Words of Radiance l. Then I started Syl interlude 

Edited by IcaroRibeiro

1 minute ago, IcaroRibeiro said:

I couldn't wait so I've changed my Amazon account to an Australian one. I'm reading the book now about 9 hours before the release, guess I won't do anything other than read after I finish working

This. is. Brilliant! Well played and hats off to you. You have both my upvote and respect.

1 hour ago, IcaroRibeiro said:

The first thing I've done was to look at the POV character of each part, I do this every book since Words of Radiance l. Then I started Syl interlude 

That is really smart ... precisely how do you change your account to be Australian? Change the address or something else?

wait that works? Monday is my day off soo....

I already preordered the book so I could get a link to the release party, but I'm strongly debating doing this anyway to see the book just a little earlier.

Of course, I might just end up making a new audible account so I can get the book with a free trial.

2 hours ago, Child of Hodor said:

That is really smart ... precisely how do you change your account to be Australian? Change the address or something else?

2 hours ago, Master Silver said:

wait that works? Monday is my day off soo....

Yes. You can easily change that

Just click on Account & Lists in the top right of the screen, just on the right of search bar

It will reveal a modal, click on "Your Content and Devices",  it will lead you to another page

In that page, click on Preferences in the menu bar and then look for "Country/Region settings". Choose any australian address you please and confirm 

This must automatically redirect you to an australian domain

In the australian store just buy the book normally, just keep in mind you need an international credit card to complete your purchase 

You maybe need to restart your kindle, mine only detected my book once I restarted it 

I am re-(re-)reading the early release chapters of RoW, timing it so that I will have it all fresh in mind to pick it right up at the first Interlude after the e-book downloads some time overnight.

I don't have any alarm set for 1AM or anything, but if I should just happen to wake up in the middle of the night, I... suppose... I might check to see if the book has downloaded and confirm it by perusing a few lines. chapters. hours to make sure.