Coup (the game)

Chasmgoat

3 minutes ago, Ookla The Female Chicken said:

Riiiiiight okay... just... Ignore my turn then.

Yeah, you can adjust afterwards if you want based on what happens. And you revealing your intent shouldn't matter for his decision on challenging or not.

3 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

What are the storming chances all the dukes got into play? What are the chances?

Actually one Duke got into play after an Ambassador exchange. And there are only 4 cards in the remaining deck, so it would have still been fairly good chance for all Dukes to be in play right at the beginning.

Edited by Whysper
combining posts

Just now, Whysper said:

Actually one Duke got into play after an Ambassador exchange. And there are only 4 cards in the remaining deck, so it would have still been fairly good chance for all Dukes to be in play right at the beginning.

Not what I meant. I meant how did all the dukes get onto the game? I technically started out with a duke, but I forget who, but some challenged my ass and made me trade. Which reminds me. Can someone please for lords sake challenge their duke so they are forced to take another card?

1 minute ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Not what I meant. I meant how did all the dukes get onto the game? I technically started out with a duke, but I forget who, but some challenged my ass and made me trade. Which reminds me. Can someone please for lords sake challenge their duke so they are forced to take another card?

Haha, the thing is, you are asking someone else to take the bullet and do the challenge instead of doing it yourself. No one is going to do that and put themselves at a severe disadvantage. :)

2 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Haha, the thing is, you are asking someone else to take the bullet and do the challenge instead of doing it yourself. No one is going to do that and put themselves at a severe disadvantage. :)

Yes, but my strategy is sound that if someone were to challenge them and remove that card, their deadly combination would be ruined, because as of now, they are going to win.

Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

Yes, but my strategy is sound that if someone were to challenge them and remove that card, their deadly combination would be ruined, because as of now, they are going to win.

Well, how about my strategy instead? Everyone kill each other off and let me live. If everyone just follows that, then we will get the best result. :)

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
20 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Actually we need to wait for Somebody to say if he challenges my Contessa.

Which I will, the chances of you having a Contessa are pretty low. Oh and sorry Reading (I'm not out for revenge taking out a single card isn't as good as taking out a player in my book)

Edited by Somebody from Sel

18 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

I'm basically saying cripple the obvious competition. I clearly don't have a winning combination.

Haha, yeah, I know what you mean. It is a good thought, but you need to find a way to make a deal with someone that doesn't leave them seriously crippled themselves against you and anyone else with 2 cards.

18 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:

Which I will, the chances of you having a Contessa are pretty low.

Mwahahaha! :D You fell into my trap! I do have a Contessa and have been faking my Duke the whole time. :) I'm actually glad you replaced in, otherwise probably no one would have tried assassinating me. :) Oh, and Aspiring, too bad you already lost your chance at faking a Duke. :)

@Somebody from Sel So you'll need to choose a card to die.

@Chasmgoat I'll need to be dealt a new card to replace my Contessa.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
Just now, Whysper said:

Haha, yeah, I know what you mean. It is a good thought, but you need to find a way to make a deal with someone that doesn't leave them seriously crippled themselves against you and anyone else with 2 cards.

Mwahahaha! :D You fell into my trap! I do have a Contessa and have been faking my Duke the whole time. :) I'm actually glad you replaced in, otherwise probably no one would have tried assassinating me. :) Oh, and Aspiring, too bad you already lost your chance at faking a Duke. :)

I choose to kill my assassin

6 minutes ago, Whysper said:

I KNEW IT> I STORMING KNEW IT @Ookla The Female Chicken WE WERE RIGHT< IT WAS FAKE. I KNEW IT WAS HER, She had hers from the beginning when it was safe, right after me. I knew, I storming knew it. I predicted it, I know it. SoS, why did you have to challenge her, now I don't know what she has. Still, there's a duke up for grabs. I'm exhcnaging next turn and hoping to GOD Whysper did not get the Duke now of all times.

Edit: Seriously, we were just discussing this. OTFC PMed me about her suspicions just now, and once i realized someone was faking, my eyes turned to Whysper.

Edited by Aspiring Writer

Just now, Somebody from Sel said:

I choose to kill my assassin

Yeah, that's the best choice.

@Ookla The Female Chicken Your turn next :) You can adjust your move or do what you planned. I still plan to coup Somebody from Sel.

Game State

• Somebody from Sel (Shard of Reading): Coins 0, Cards 1 (dead Assassin)
  • Ookla (Hentient): Coins 8, Cards 2
  • HoidWasTakendead Duke + Ambassador
  • The Windrunner Supremedead Ambassador + Assassin
  • Ghanderflaffle: Coins 4, Cards 2
  • Aspiring Writer: Coins 0, Cards 2
  • Whysper: Coins 7, Cards 1 (dead Assassin)
  • Somebody from Seldead Contessa + Captain

1 minute ago, Whysper said:

Yeah, that's the best choice.

@Ookla The Female Chicken Your turn next :) You can adjust your move or do what you planned. I still plan to coup Somebody from Sel.

Game State

• Somebody from Sel (Shard of Reading): Coins 0, Cards 1 (dead Assassin)
  • Ookla (Hentient): Coins 8, Cards 2
  • HoidWasTakendead Duke + Ambassador
  • The Windrunner Supremedead Ambassador + Assassin
  • Ghanderflaffle: Coins 4, Cards 2
  • Aspiring Writer: Coins 0, Cards 2
  • Whysper: Coins 7, Cards 1 (dead Assassin)
  • Somebody from Seldead Contessa + Captain

@Ookla The Female Chicken kill whysper! I want to know what she has, and I'm currently pissed that I realized it RIGHT as she revealed it, stealing my thunder. (And I really hope she didn't get the storming duke.)

4 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

I KNEW IT> I STORMING KNEW IT @Ookla The Female Chicken WE WERE RIGHT< IT WAS FAKE. I KNEW IT WAS HER, She had hers from the beginning when it was safe, right after me. I knew, I storming knew it. I predicted it, I know it. SoS, why did you have to challenge her, now I don't know what she has. Still, there's a duke up for grabs. I'm exhcnaging next turn and hoping to GOD Whysper did not get the Duke now of all times.

Edit: Seriously, we were just discussing this. OTFC PMed me about her suspicions just now, and once i realized someone was faking, my eyes turned to Whysper.

IM GONNA CRY WE KNEW IT!! goshhhhh ahhhhh. Okay full disclosure I was gonna PM Whysper at first but then I realized she was one of the suspects AHHHHHHHHH

Now, for my real turn. 

I will Coup @Ghanderflaffle

Cards:2 

Coins: 1

Whysper is too competent to not have done that, is the thing. The second someone was indeed faking, she was the only one smart enough and safe enough to pull it off.

Edit- when is ghander gonna show, I'm really impatient now from all this action.

Edited by Aspiring Writer

5 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

I KNEW IT> I STORMING KNEW IT @Ookla The Female Chicken WE WERE RIGHT< IT WAS FAKE. I KNEW IT WAS HER, She had hers from the beginning when it was safe, right after me.

Haha, yeah. And who knows, maybe another person is faking. :) 

1 minute ago, Aspiring Writer said:

@Ookla The Female Chicken kill whysper! I want to know what she has, and I'm currently pissed that I realized it RIGHT as she revealed it, stealing my thunder. (And I really hope she didn't get the storming duke.)

Well, I know you feel bad about not getting a chance to fake, but don't let things like that get to your head and prevent you from making the right move. If you have Ookla kill me, then Ghander is just going to coup her, especially after she already stated she's rejecting Ghander's deal. If you want to convince someone to make a certain move, it has to be better than you feeling pissed. :)

Besides, I'm actually in a worse position now because I no longer have my fake Duke. :) Reading assassinating Ghander would have been the better play and me keeping my fake Duke. But anyway, at least this turned out to have some small benefit. :)

Just now, Whysper said:

Haha, yeah. And who knows, maybe another person is faking. :) 

Well, I know you feel bad about not getting a chance to fake, but don't let things like that get to your head and prevent you from making the right move. If you have Ookla kill me, then Ghander is just going to coup her, especially after she already stated she's rejecting Ghander's deal. If you want to convince someone to make a certain move, it has to be better than you feeling pissed. :)

Besides, I'm actually in a worse position now because I no longer have my fake Duke. :) Reading assassinating Ghander would have been the better play and me keeping my fake Duke. But anyway, at least this turned out to have some small benefit. :)

Ookla made the same argument in the PM and I agreed. Cripple that one now before they kill me. But have you be killed would benefit me. Not as beneficial as removing one of my greatest competitors, but still beneficial.

Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

Ookla made the same argument in the PM and I agreed. Cripple that one now before they kill me. But have you be killed would benefit me. Not as beneficial as removing one of my greatest competitors, but still beneficial.

Oh, I'm not sure that you should be using PMs actually. That's not actually allowed in the real game as far as I know. Can't go to the side and whisper a plan to each other. You have to make deals or discussions out in the open.

Oh, and would you look at that? I seem to have drawn the actual Duke...... :) 

Just now, Whysper said:

Oh, I'm not sure that you should be using PMs actually. That's not actually allowed in the real game as far as I know. Can't go to the side and whisper a plan to each other. You have to make deals or discussions out in the open.

Oh, and would you look at that? I seem to have drawn the actual Duke...... :) 

You must be having the time of your life right now.