Coup (the game)

Chasmgoat

6 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

What card are you even going to pick? Captain is useless because we're both immune, ambassador is also useless, contessa is unneeded because none of us have an assassin, so they only useful cards are duke (if there are any left) and assassin. 

She’s probably hoping for an assassin (and she’ll probably get one)

3 hours ago, Aspiring Writer said:

What card are you even going to pick? Captain is useless because we're both immune, ambassador is also useless, contessa is unneeded because none of us have an assassin, so they only useful cards are duke (if there are any left) and assassin.

That's for me to know and you to find out! Haha! :)

BTW @Ookla The Female Chicken Did you already get a new card from @Chasmgoat? Need to make sure you get yours before he gives me my choices for the Ambassador exchange.

Game State

• Somebody from Sel (previously Shard of Reading)dead Assassin + Contessa
  • Ookla The Female Chicken (Hentient): Coins 3, Cards 2
  • HoidWasTakendead Duke + Ambassador
  • The Windrunner Supremedead Ambassador + Assassin
  • Ookla The Sarcastic (Ghanderflaffle)dead Captain + Duke
  • Aspiring Writer: Coins 3, Cards 2
  • Whysper: Coins 0, Cards 1 (dead Assassin)
  • Somebody from Seldead Contessa + Captain
Edited by Whysper

7 hours ago, Whysper said:

That's for me to know and you to find out! Haha! :)

BTW @Ookla The Female Chicken Did you already get a new card from @Chasmgoat? Need to make sure you get yours before he gives me my choices for the Ambassador exchange.

Game State

• Ookla The Female Chicken (Hentient): Coins 3, Cards 2
  • Aspiring Writer: Coins 3, Cards 2
  • Whysper: Coins 0, Cards 1 (dead Assassin)

Yeah I have mine! 

I will take income.

@Ookla The Female Chicken Your turn. :) 

Game State

• Ookla The Female Chicken (Hentient): Coins 6, Cards 2
  • Aspiring Writer: Coins 6, Cards 2
  • Whysper: Coins 1, Cards 1 (dead Assassin)
Edited by Whysper

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
2 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

We can eliminate duke from consideration. so she has either assassin or captain. Which, miss chicken, you can find out from stealing from her.

If she has a captain she can just not block with it, and if she has a assassin she can bluff with a block. You can't tell either way.

8 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

We can eliminate duke from consideration. so she has either assassin or captain. Which, miss chicken, you can find out from stealing from her.

BTW, Ambassador can block stealing as well. :) 

5 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:

If she has a captain she can just not block with it, and if she has a assassin she can bluff with a block. You can't tell either way.

5 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

and true, SoS, she can bluff.

Wow, it's almost like I have all 5 roles in 1 card. Neato! :)

It's a Schrödinger's Card. :) 

Edited by Whysper

6 minutes ago, Whysper said:

BTW, Ambassador can block stealing as well. :) 

You're not keeping ammbassoder. Don't play coy.

6 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Wow, it's almost like I have all 5 roles in 1 card. Neato! :)

We both know if you had a duke, you would've used it, you're smart enough not to choose contessa in a game with no assassins, and I highly doubt you choose ambassoder over other card. So you either have a captain to block stealing and maybe steal depending on whether or not chicken and I give up our captains, it an assassin so you can kill us quickly. SO really, only two and maybe three roles.

and where is @Ookla The Female Chicken

Edited by Aspiring Writer

27 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

You're not keeping ammbassoder. Don't play coy.

If the 2 cards I was given as options were Ambassador and Contessa, then I would pick Ambassador again since at least I can block stealing.

28 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

We both know if you had a duke, you would've used it, you're smart enough not to choose contessa in a game with no assassins, and I highly doubt you choose ambassoder over other card. So you either have a captain to block stealing and maybe steal depending on whether or not chicken and I give up our captains, it an assassin so you can kill us quickly. SO really, only two and maybe three roles.

Yes, you would think I'd use the Duke. That would sound like the sensible thing. :) That's why not using the Duke at first has benefits. :)

1 minute ago, Whysper said:

Yes, you would think I'd use the Duke. That would sound like the sensible thing. :) That's why not using the Duke at first has benefits. :)

Don't try playing mind games with me. Attention is currently away from you. You having a duke might spark interest, but hardly much else. Right now it's a race to having the most coins so you can coup. If you had a duke, you would use it, holding it of now is dumb, I would know seeing as I was going to hold off using my duke until sarcastic died.

2 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Don't try playing mind games with me. Attention is currently away from you. You having a duke might spark interest, but hardly much else. Right now it's a race to having the most coins so you can coup. If you had a duke, you would use it, holding it of now is dumb, I would know seeing as I was going to hold off using my duke until sarcastic died.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I can't even hope to pull a fast one on you. :)

Just now, Whysper said:

Yes, you are absolutely right. I can't even hope to pull a fast one on you. :)

:mellow: Where's chicken, she was just on. 

@Ookla The Female Chicken please make your turn, the game is nearly at its conclusion. We need to see who wins. Will you, the obvious winner, win, or will I pull a fast one out of nothing, or even better, will whysper the underdog somehow get us to kill each other and let her come out on top?

I'm here now! I'm so sorry, I could only check the shard for a few seconds at a time and didn't have time to take my turn. But I'm here now!

58 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

You're forgetting, I lost my captain to a challenge. She only has one coin anyway, so stealing from her would be pointless. 

48 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

We both know if you had a duke, you would've used it,

Sometimes when my brother has duke, He'll purposely not use it then use it next turn to bait us into challenging and loosing a card without a coup. Its unlikely Whysper would do that this late but its possible. 

Okay, now for my long awaited turn. 

I will Tax with my Duke.

Coins: 9

Cards: 2

@Aspiring Writer its your turn. Sorry I took so long :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Ookla The Female Chicken said:

You're forgetting, I lost my captain to a challenge. She only has one coin anyway, so stealing from her would be pointless. 

You actually shouldn't have reminded them. I remembered it, but I don't think Aspiring Writer did and I wasn't going to say anything. :)

1 hour ago, Whysper said:

You actually shouldn't have reminded them. I remembered it, but I don't think Aspiring Writer did and I wasn't going to say anything. :)

You are correct, i had forgotten. thank you for the reminder. 

As Captain, I steal from chicken Not that it does much, as you still have seven.

Coins-8

Cards-2

5 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

As Captain, I steal from chicken Not that it does much, as you still have seven.

Coins-8

Cards-2

I block your steal with my Captain

Aspire: cards 2, Coins 6

Me: Cards 2, coins 9

1 hour ago, Aspiring Writer said:

1 hour ago, Aspiring Writer said:

hmm, I suspected that was going to happen. Eh. @Whysper please tell me you have a plan. Preferably one that doesn't screw me over.

Oh, I wasn't expecting that you'd steal because, yeah, she can still coup. I would have still taxed with Duke to guarantee 3 coins and a chance to coup back right away. I mean, it's true that a successful steal would still keep her from getting to the next coup as quickly.

Hmmmm, what to do next? Well, you know she'll coup one of yours at her turn, then she'll be at 2 coins and you'll still have 6. You'd have to choose between keeping Duke or Captain, then take your turn next. If you keep Duke, then you get 3 coins to make it 9, which still allows you to coup even if she steals. If you keep Captain, then you can block steals, but will have to take 1 income only. Which still gets you to 7 coins for a coup next. So either way, you should be able to coup back.

Then you'd have to see which card she gives up to consider further. At that point, everyone will have 1 card, but I think she'll have the most coins towards next coup. This is certainly going to be rough. She'll likely reach coup first and kill the player with the most coins. Then she'll race to get back to coup again before the remaining player.

Man, she probably has best chance at winning, but hard to say because of card choices later and the amount of coins will be very close. You might have 2nd best chance at winning because you'll end up with either Duke or Captain as your final card.

I will take income.

@Ookla The Female Chicken Your turn next.

Game State

• Ookla The Female Chicken (Hentient): Coins 9, Cards 2
  • Aspiring Writer: Coins 6, Cards 2
  • Whysper: Coins 2, Cards 1 (dead Assassin)
Edited by Whysper