Possible Bondsmith "Resonances"

Harfyn

Now that we have confirmed that Dalinar and co. have only been able to use his bondsmith powers with Shallan's illumination, what do you all think some other options would be for other orders/surges? Some of the combinations seem like they could be extremely powerful, but theres also others I have no idea about.

Truthwatcher - AOE Regrowth/more powerful regrowth

Elsecaller - Large-scale soulcasting. Bondsmiths can already reform something to its spiritual ideal, I could see that combined with soulcasting leading to the creation of some wondrous things. Could 

Dustbringer - Mass destruction, destroy everything within a range, or destroy more than they normally could

What other synergies could arise from Dalinar connecting with Radiants? I feel like I'm not thinking out of the box enough for some of these - they probably won't all be direct enhancements but might play more into the spren associated with the order.

I don't see Bondsmith Resonances/synergies as being AOE and mass versions of whatever the primary is.  The one we know of is Stormfather Bondsmith and a Lightweaver map.  Basically, the Stormfather provides information to inform the map and the map is made more detailed. Like Dalinar providing others with Stormlight, he can also provide others with his spren's knowledge. This tells me the synergies will be much more subtle pairs than simply Windrunner plus Bondsmith = Protection from the Storm (or within the Storm), although that's a pretty good one.

I also believe the synergies will work both ways. A Truthwatcher + Bondsmith synergy might be a much more organic "healing" of a destroyed building, or even the "growing" of structures. The Truthwatcher "Regrowth" abilities inform the Bondsmith's Adhesion. Of course, this would imply that every order could have a synergy or set of synergies with every other order. And why the heck not!

Elsecaller and Bondsmith might allow transportation directly to wherever the Highstorm is via the Perpendicularity.

17 hours ago, Leuthie said:

I don't see Bondsmith Resonances/synergies as being AOE and mass versions of whatever the primary is.  The one we know of is Stormfather Bondsmith and a Lightweaver map.  Basically, the Stormfather provides information to inform the map and the map is made more detailed. Like Dalinar providing others with Stormlight, he can also provide others with his spren's knowledge. This tells me the synergies will be much more subtle pairs than simply Windrunner plus Bondsmith = Protection from the Storm (or within the Storm), although that's a pretty good one.

I also believe the synergies will work both ways. A Truthwatcher + Bondsmith synergy might be a much more organic "healing" of a destroyed building, or even the "growing" of structures. The Truthwatcher "Regrowth" abilities inform the Bondsmith's Adhesion. Of course, this would imply that every order could have a synergy or set of synergies with every other order. And why the heck not!

Elsecaller and Bondsmith might allow transportation directly to wherever the Highstorm is via the Perpendicularity.

I agree that it’s more about the information given. Although I do think only the Bondsmith can provide information to other orders.

I think each Bondsmith will simply give the information about the “domain” of that Bondsmith’s spren. The night watcher’s domain is the valley, the sibling’s Urithiru, and the Stormfather’s is the highstorm. Because the highstorm moves, the Stormfather’s domain is by extension the world. But unlike the night watcher and sibling, the Stormfather’s information is only updated when the highstorm passes.

Each radiant order, when boosted, simply uses one of their surges with the information from the Bondsmith’s domain. Wind runners use adhesion, Skybreakers gravitation, and so on down the line.

For example, a lightweaver would create an illusion map of the domain. With the night watcher or sibling Bondsmith, that map would change real time, while the Storm father’s map would only change when the highstorm updates it.

An Elsecaller could soul cast a map of the domain, but once made it wouldn’t update. But the map is permanently there. Pros and cons compared to Lightweavers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 10:52 AM, Truthwatcher Artifabrian said:

I agree that it’s more about the information given. Although I do think only the Bondsmith can provide information to other orders.

I think each Bondsmith will simply give the information about the “domain” of that Bondsmith’s spren. The night watcher’s domain is the valley, the sibling’s Urithiru, and the Stormfather’s is the highstorm. Because the highstorm moves, the Stormfather’s domain is by extension the world. But unlike the night watcher and sibling, the Stormfather’s information is only updated when the highstorm passes.

Each radiant order, when boosted, simply uses one of their surges with the information from the Bondsmith’s domain. Wind runners use adhesion, Skybreakers gravitation, and so on down the line.

For example, a lightweaver would create an illusion map of the domain. With the night watcher or sibling Bondsmith, that map would change real time, while the Storm father’s map would only change when the highstorm updates it.

An Elsecaller could soul cast a map of the domain, but once made it wouldn’t update. But the map is permanently there. Pros and cons compared to Lightweavers.

This is a nice point - information would be Connection, which is one of the Bondsmith's biggest abilities (spritual adhesion). So the Stormfather-bondsmith resonances would be related to what connection to the Stormfather could offer radiant orders, maybe.