Hello fellow readers!

MusicalReader

Hello!

I'm new here, and this is my first post on 17th Shard! I'm really excited to join the community and discuss the cosmere with you guys! I've been meaning to join for a little while, but I finally joined today! I picked up Sanderson a few years ago and I've been obsessed ever since. I think that by now I've read almost every WOB :lol:

Anyway, Sanderson fans out there, what your favorite aspect of the cosmere? I really enjoy the vagueness of Hoid and the little things that he says to connect the worlds. I find the Wit aspect of Hoid from Stormlight Archive absolutely hilarious. He is a top contender for my favorite character/aspect of the cosmere. 

Also, this is a little bit unrelated, but are there any fellow musician Sanderson fans out there? I play cello and jazz piano; what do you guys play?

I'm thrilled to join the 17th Shard and am looking forward to the future! I'm hoping it will be filled with many fascinating Cosmere discussions.

I love the deep hard magic systems and their inter-locking in the cosmere. Currently though, my favorite aspect is F-tin. You can consult my colleague, @Aspiring Writer for details on why it is the best and you should be a sensible person and join the tin cult(name pending). If there is enough support it will become a reality sooner than planned. 

I am also an instrumentalist of the shard. I play oboe, piano, and voice. I actually created a topic in the social groups, clans, and guilds forum about instrumentalists.

You might want to check it out to find others instrumentalists.

That's really cool! I love Sanderson's hard magic systems as well (who doesn't?). It'll probably be interesting to see this f-tin group is all about.

I find it really exciting to see my two main passions (music and reading) both here on the Shard. I think it'll be fun being an active member on this site. 

Welcome to the Shard! We are happy to have you here to discuss with us! So glad you decided to join today (must be a special one... did you happen to see any fairy-cats flying around? Was wondering where they got to... :P)

I would say that for me my favorite aspect of the Cosmere is how it is all interconnected. You can read one book and then come back a few books later and find some completely new meaning or understanding with it that only makes sense in the context of another book. It is exactly like any successful connected franchise where every new bit of information gives every old bit even more meaning.

As for music instruments... I can play the Spotify... I know, pretty shocking, but no need to be alarmed :D. Happy to have you around! If you could choose one character from the Cosmere to be, who would you choose?

10 hours ago, MusicalReader said:

I'm thrilled to join the 17th Shard and am looking forward to the future! I'm hoping it will be filled with many fascinating Cosmere discussions.

Hello, and Welcome to the Shard! Not by most original clue, I know. You know what is Original? And I'm not talking about the new book.

Who's your favorite Sanderson character? I'm talking about paprika...

Edited by I Am A Fish
Treasure

12 hours ago, MusicalReader said:

Hello!

I'm new here, and this is my first post on 17th Shard! I'm really excited to join the community and discuss the cosmere with you guys! I've been meaning to join for a little while, but I finally joined today! I picked up Sanderson a few years ago and I've been obsessed ever since. I think that by now I've read almost every WOB :lol:

Anyway, Sanderson fans out there, what your favorite aspect of the cosmere? I really enjoy the vagueness of Hoid and the little things that he says to connect the worlds. I find the Wit aspect of Hoid from Stormlight Archive absolutely hilarious. He is a top contender for my favorite character/aspect of the cosmere. 

Also, this is a little bit unrelated, but are there any fellow musician Sanderson fans out there? I play cello and jazz piano; what do you guys play?

I love all of the foreshadowing that there is. It's amazing to see how much is fulfilled, especially as you reread series.

I play piano and sing voice. 

What's your favorite WoB?

@Mist   I find this WOB particularly interesting. I'm really intrigued by Nightblood (and Gavilar's spheres!) and I can't wait to learn more

Blightsong

How does corrupted investiture work, like Nightblood?

Brandon Sanderson

Oh, Nightblood. Again, this is a definition of what somebody feels is a corruption. For instance, there are spren that people would feel are corrupted. But that's corruption where the mixing of different Shards has changed things, and I think a lot of times when people say corruption, what they're meaning is the mixing of Shards' powers.

Blightsong

So is there a mixing of Shards' powers happening with Nightblood?

Brandon Sanderson

*smirks* RAFO. That's the natural question, I'm glad you asked it.

Blightsong

Ok, uhhh, so something similar is happening with Gavilar's sphere, right?

Brandon Sanderson

*contemplative silence* RAFO.

3 hours ago, Chasmgoat said:

I play(ed) tuba and can play the nose flute.

lol

4 hours ago, I Am A Fish said:

Who's your favorite Sanderson character? I'm talking about paprika...

That's actually EXTREMELY hard. I haven't really thought about it much. I really enjoy Kaladin, and I relate to him a lot. I also enjoy (as I said) Wit's parts in Stormlight. I also love Kelsier and his parts in the cosmere. Too many choices!!! 

9 hours ago, Scout_Fox said:

If you could choose one character from the Cosmere to be, who would you choose?

I think I would choose Hoid, just because he knows so much about the cosmere! Even if that comes with other unknown effects, I think I would choose him because I'm just so darn intrigued by the cosmere.

1 hour ago, MusicalReader said:

I think I would choose Hoid, just because he knows so much about the cosmere! Even if that comes with other unknown effects, I think I would choose him because I'm just so darn intrigued by the cosmere.

Ah yes the all knowing strategy I like it, I like it :D.

Lol nah Hoid is a good choice, so much to know and so many places to visit. I wonder tho if knowing all he does and still maybe not being able to prevent some events from occurring would be a blessing or a curse... (or maybe the unknown effects just include like being able to make ice cream out of car tires idk :P)

Edited by Scout_Fox