Restares theory

aneonfoxtribute

1 hour ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

I just had a thought. What if Restares is a character who is already dead, he has died but has held enough Investiture to be able to stick around in the Cognitive Realm after death? Idk, just an out there theory. 

He could be a CS.  I am not sure how he would pull that off but it is relmatically possible.

1 hour ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

I just had a thought. What if Restares is a character who is already dead, he has died but has held enough Investiture to be able to stick around in the Cognitive Realm after death? Idk, just an out there theory. 

That makes sense, but unfortunately the roster of candidates is slim. Who could it be? The requirements are:

• death
  • a lot of Investiture
  • male
  • known to Shallan
  • have a way to convince Honorspren to grant asylum
  • not having a relationship to Restares

Roshar does not have newspapers, cinemas ot TVs. The number of people Shallan would recognise is rather small. The number of people we have seen die with a lot of Investiture are small:

• Gavilar -> he suspected Restares to be behind his death
  • Aesudan -> not male
  • Amaram -> reported to Restares

I would still guess Aesudan and explain her reported maleness away as camouflage, but strictly speaking I cannot see a good candidate. Nor do I have a better theory that does not involve an unknown relative of hers.