Next Chaper Predictions.

Karger

2 hours ago, paperstones said:

I don't think Venli will be in part 1 at all. IIRC, Brandon said part one is the "end" of what happened in the in-between time. I bet the first chapter of Part 2 is Venli. It doesn't really make sense to bring her in now with the arc that is happening. 

Venli is in part one. Back in the first post of Rhythm of War on Tor, in between the Prologue and Chapter one, it gave the POV characters for part 1:

Part One

Kaladin * Shallan * Navani * Venli * Lirin

I assume Brandon meant that these first few chapters are the climax to the timeskip, but as we see here, it's already winding down. I expect Venli to get her first chapter either next chapter, or the one after that.

5 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I figure that we are 1/2 way through part one at this point and still no Venli. She has to be next. We need something to pick us up from that gut punch of an ending.

I think, given the parallels, we need to see the intro-finale gut punch for Shallan first, and then Venli.

6 minutes ago, SanderFan69 said:

From Brandon's annotation on reddit saying that the next chapter is from somebody we haven't seen yet, I'm guessing that it is going to be Venli. The only other option would be Lirin.

It has to be Venli we have seen all of the other viewpoints listed for part 1. 

5 minutes ago, SanderFan69 said:

From Brandon's annotation on reddit saying that the next chapter is from somebody we haven't seen yet, I'm guessing that it is going to be Venli. The only other option would be Lirin.

I'm think it's Venli, and as we've had a Lirin pov in chapter one.  From what Brandon is saying here, I think next chapter will be great:

This chapter is the unmarked "end" of what I imagined being the cold open lead-in to the novel. (The kind of "climax to a book between the two novels you didn't see" that I've been talking about in these annotations.) With the next chapter, we'll go to a character we haven't seen yet this book, and begin into the core plot of the novel.

Any Venli last minute Guess????

We haven't get any info on what she has been up to during the time skip, so does anybody adventure to make an elaborate guess: has she stayed apparently loyal to Odium but at the same time preparing a resistence among his forces? If so, has this been a more active resistence or just telling her people about their history like we saw at the end of OB? Has she on the other hand not make a decition on wether or not she wants to side against the Fused and is so far playing good envoy? Has she progressed in her bond with Timbre? Do any singer might know about it??

I think this are the most probable scenarios for Venli to be in; but probably when we actually read her chapter tomorrow It will be something even crazier so feel free to theorize today if only so we can comeback tomorrow and laugh at how wrong we were.

I had been operating on the theory Rlain had found the Listeners that fled, but it sounds like he's back with the Windrunners and no mention of a Listener tribe. I'd like Venli to have started a correspondence with the Listeners that escaped, or be with them already, I very much like the idea of her leading a resistance by the end of this book.

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

Venli we know is in Kholinar at some point with Leshwi. That might be the next chapter. Maybe the first flashback?

Kinolee

It's surprising me to me that we haven't heard from Venli yet. Considering this is her book, I would have expected her to take more of a center stage. But we haven't even seen or heard from her yet, let alone had a flashback. I wonder why /u/mistborn decided to start elsewhere.

I suppose it's important to establish the time skip early on, but I wonder why that couldn't have been done from the perspective of Odium's forces so that Venli could take the lead.

Brandon Sanderson

Basically, this part you're reading is the "end" of the in-between book, and Venli's book hasn't started yet. Her first chapter is what you might consider the "true" beginning of the novel.

As a note, though, I decided her flashbacks worked better when spread across a shorter reading space--so I don't introduce them until later in the book than the others started.

It seems that no flashbacks for now. Tomorrow is probably a regular Venli chapter. I really hope it serves to explain a little bit of what has been going on on Odium's forces on the time skip and what Venli has been up to!!!!

I'm hoping to see Ulim (the spren that helped Venli in her research into the Forms of Power) or Yixli (who led Khen & Sah's group, later temporarily joined by Kaladin) in the upcoming chapters. While Sah died, Khen survived and also stayed with Moash in Kholinar afterwards but now Moash is captured...

Hariel was the one of the first Fused we see and he was quite intimidating too (he's the one who took over Demid's body), that's another character I want to see.

Turash, who questioned Odium directly and whom Odium called an "old friend"; the Fused who once danced with Hoid; Hnanan who gave Vyre the dagger were also notable & intriguing enough that I look forward to seeing them again in this book.

Edited by Honorless

So if chapter 12 is the "start" of the next book it will probably be some kind of attention grabbing scene.  I personally think we will see a bunch of Odium's forces do some things that make absolutely no sense or make sense but have unusual implications. 

On 16/09/2020 at 4:50 PM, Karger said:

So if chapter 12 is the "start" of the next book it will probably be some kind of attention grabbing scene.  I personally think we will see a bunch of Odium's forces do some things that make absolutely no sense or make sense but have unusual implications. 

You mean we would leave Venli after only one chapter? With a cliffhanger in the very first real chapter?

5 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

You mean we would leave Venli after only one chapter? With a cliffhanger in the very first real chapter?

Perhaps.  In that case I think we will have some perspective that will observe actions taken by Leshwi.  IE maybe Lirin sees a fight that she leads.  Also as I understand it Venli was the "epilogue" of the book Brandon did not write.

Edited by Karger

6 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Why would that surprise Leshwi and cause her agony? This looks like something has been done to Odium's side, not the reverse.

Do we think that the Fused, and Leshwi, know what the Sibling is (and thus know what Urithiru is)? Maybe them moving on Urithiru *is* the dangerous change, particularly if they've never done it before in prior desolations. (e.g., when Sibling is active and Urithiru is also active, it is safe from the Fused; the Fused are being directed to move on Urithiru now, to prevent the awakening of the city; Leshwi finds this new strategic direction reckless and foolhardy because they are already winning the "regular" way and she remembers the past battles)?

Just spitballing.

I agree, though, it sounds more like something being done *to* them, by the coalition or a third party. 

5 hours ago, Bliev said:

Do we think that the Fused, and Leshwi, know what the Sibling is (and thus know what Urithiru is)?

With an Unmade residing in Urithiru and apparently doing so even while the Knights Radiant were still there, how could they not?

5 hours ago, Bliev said:

Maybe them moving on Urithiru *is* the dangerous change, particularly if they've never done it before in prior desolations. (e.g., when Sibling is active and Urithiru is also active, it is safe from the Fused; the Fused are being directed to move on Urithiru now, to prevent the awakening of the city;

So they just happen to decide to attack Urithiru for no apparent reason and without preparation? That would require a level of stupidity Odium's side has not shown so far.

Or something unforseen has happened, forcing their hand. But then the unforseen event is the real reason. It would boil down to the Sibling reawakening or having reawoken.

5 hours ago, Bliev said:

Leshwi finds this new strategic direction reckless and foolhardy because they are already winning the "regular" way and she remembers the past battles)?

She would of course be right. If would be the Heavenly Ones more or less alone into an environment where flight is useless. In other words: suicide
And everybody knows it.

5 hours ago, Bliev said:

Just spitballing.

I agree, though, it sounds more like something being done *to* them, by the coalition or a third party. 

So what can it be?

The Sibling reawakening, well yes, but what do they hope to gain by a desperate immediate strike on Urithiru? And - agony? Really? What does make it/them so dangerous?

4 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

With an Unmade residing in Urithiru and apparently doing so even while the Knights Radiant were still there, how could they not?

So they just happen to decide to attack Urithiru for no apparent reason and without preparation? That would require a level of stupidity Odium's side has not shown so far.

Or something unforseen has happened, forcing their hand. But then the unforseen event is the real reason. It would boil down to the Sibling reawakening or having reawoken.

She would of course be right. If would be the Heavenly Ones more or less alone into an environment where flight is useless. In other words: suicide
And everybody knows it.

So what can it be?

The Sibling reawakening, well yes, but what do they hope to gain by a desperate immediate strike on Urithiru? And - agony? Really? What does make it/them so dangerous?

From the book description it does say the singers initiate a dangerous operation that leads to an arms race and unlocking secrets about the tower.  An attack on Urithiru may make some sense from this paragraph though I am not positive. 

Quote below

Now, as new technological discoveries by Navani Kholin’s scholars begin to change the face of the war, the enemy prepares a bold and dangerous operation. The arms race that follows will challenge the very core of the Radiant ideals, and potentially reveal the secrets of the ancient tower that was once the heart of their strength.

13 minutes ago, Ailvara said:

Two last times when I tried to predict whose chapter we're going to get, we had Venli where I expected Shallan and Kaladin where I expected Venli. Now I think we'll get either Venli or Shallan, so it'll probably be Kaladin.

Nope, since your guessed that, it would now be Navani