The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

“Oh, okay, sorry,” Ene said, quickly stopping. “Ack, I’m just worried. Maybe I shouldn’t have left. But I have no means of fighting...aaargh, dude, why am I so bad in dangerous situations? My Author should’ve sent someone else.” 

Fadran Forged a connection to the force called Gravity, then bent it in such a way that allowed him to hover several feet into the air. He scanned the streets, but to no avail; there seemed to be no end to the withergeists.

Fadran floated back down to the others. "Dozens, I expect! Maybe hundreds! Most people've got the right idea to stay inside, but I have no idea how long it'll take the devils to realize that we're not the only sentient living things in this backalley bungalow town."

Y’know what, I’m gonna test-run a character in here to workshop their personality. ^_^ I’m sorry for adding to the destruction of this garden. :P 

Someone abruptly fell out of the sky, faceplanting - literally, as they landed in a bed of plants. 

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran Forged a connection to the force called Gravity, then bent it in such a way that allowed him to hover several feet into the air. He scanned the streets, but to no avail; there seemed to be no end to the withergeists.

Fadran floated back down to the others. "Dozens, I expect! Maybe hundreds! Most people've got the right idea to stay inside, but I have no idea how long it'll take the devils to realize that we're not the only sentient living things in this backalley bungalow town."

"We'll have to smite as many as we can. I can conjure rings of light and heat to keep them from escaping."

Edited by Nathrangking

Just now, Spren of Kindness said:

"How long do you think you can keep them contained?"  Kindness asks.  "I remember reading something about how to banish these things, but I'll need time to gather the materials."

"I can give you as much time as I have strength," Fadran replied, "get started... Lord Omnipotent here and I will keep you covered." He cut through another withergeist, wincing as it pulled itself back together.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran gestures to Nathrangking as he fights off more withergeists. "I don't suppose you could grant me a Channelblade upgrade, could you? Like... I dunno, a thing that makes my Channelblade the magic of light or something that'd repel these things easier?"

I pick up the silvery blade and run into the fray spinning about slashing and stabbing withergeists. My light blade and silver split some and destroy them while others reform instantly. "Let me see what I can do. Lesurney ureyadurn." A glow encircles Fadran's blade. "Try that." I go back to spinning and hacking.

15 minutes ago, AonEne said:

“Oh, okay, sorry,” Ene said, quickly stopping. “Ack, I’m just worried. Maybe I shouldn’t have left. But I have no means of fighting...aaargh, dude, why am I so bad in dangerous situations? My Author should’ve sent someone else.” 

"Relax," said Rekaerb. "They don't need another fighter."

13 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"They're gone," called Rekaerb. "I evacuated them."

9 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"How long do you think you can keep them contained?"  Kindness asks.  "I remember reading something about how to banish these things, but I'll need time to gather the materials."

Rekaerb raised an eyebrow. "Where did you read that?"

8 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Someone abruptly fell out of the sky, faceplanting - literally, as they landed in a bed of plants. 

7 minutes ago, AonEne said:

The man blinked, pulling himself upright, appearing completely uninsured. (Because autocorrect won’t let me say uninsured. UNINJURED. :rolleyes:) “What’s going on? Who are you people?” 

"Hello," said Rekaerb, waving. "Welcome to the epic battle between light and darkness! Or, at least, battle. Not yet sure how definite it will be."

10 minutes ago, AonEne said:

The man blinked, pulling himself upright, appearing completely uninsured. (Because autocorrect won’t let me say uninsured. UNINJURED. :rolleyes:) “What’s going on? Who are you people?” 

"Just a bunch of protagonists!" Fadran cried, trying out his new sword on the withergeists; it was certainly more effective. "Feel free to join in whenever; we've been needing reinforcements!"

9 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Rekaerb raised an eyebrow. "Where did you read that?"

Kindness reappears, soaking wet.  "It's an old rhyme, in one of the books!  'Mirror to reflect the light, Stormlight to show the way, Lithium to ignite, water to bind and stay'!  If we can get them in a circle, I can banish them through a portal by reflecting the light of exploding lithium off mirrors and onto a Stormlight infused gem!"

She turns to the new man.  "Hello!  Nice to meet you!  I'm sorry you ran across us in such an... odd situation!"

10 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Relax," said Rekaerb. "They don't need another fighter."

"Hello," said Rekaerb, waving. "Welcome to the epic battle between light and darkness! Or, at least, battle. Not yet sure how definite it will be."

“Mmm, probably not,” Ene sighed, flopping over onto her back on the old-fashioned Alley cobblestones. “Is there some way I can thank you for yanking my butt out of trouble?” 

8 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Just a bunch of protagonists!" Fadran cried, trying out his new sword on the withergeists; it was certainly more effective. "Feel free to join in whenever; we've been needing reinforcements!"

The man looked from Rekaerb to Fadran. “Epic battle? Sorry about that, I don’t think I’ll be able to help you there.” He poked one hand experimentally into a withergeist. 

Will he feel any secondary effects if it can’t hurt him? 

17 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Follow me." I lift off the ground on a gust of wind as I fell more withergeists. As they fall and reform I retreat out their of range.

Edited by Nathrangking

9 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

She turns to the new man.  "Hello!  Nice to meet you!  I'm sorry you ran across us in such an... odd situation!" 

“Hello!” He waved with the hand not touching the withergeist. “No worries, I’ve gotten into some strange places myself! Nice to meet you as well.” 

21 minutes ago, AonEne said:

“Mmm, probably not,” Ene sighed, flopping over onto her back on the old-fashioned Alley cobblestones. “Is there some way I can thank you for yanking my butt out of trouble?” 

Rekaerb shrugged, a slight smile twitching the corners of his mouth. "You might say 'Thank you'," he offered. "That's standard where you come from, right?"

21 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Will he feel any secondary effects if it can’t hurt him? 

Well, for what reason would it not be able to hurt him?

Edited by xinoehp512

33 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"Follow me." I lift off the ground on a gust of wind as I fell more withergeists. As they fall and reform I retreat out their of range.

"We can't hold off all these with just the two of us," Fadran says, "we're going to need reinforcements."

Never thought I'd be saying this on a stream but GTG to bed.

40 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Rekaerb shrugged, a slight smile twitching the corners of his mouth. "You might say 'Thank you'," he offered. "That's standard where you come from, right?" 

He has a Nightwatcher boon/bane pair where it’s impossible for literally anything to harm him, but it’s also impossible for him to do anything he really tries to do. 

Good night, guys! What do you mean by stream? 

She laughed. “Well then: thank you.” 

Edited by AonEne

6 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We can't hold off all these with just the two of us," Fadran says, "we're going to need reinforcements."

"If we can contain them perhaps something can be done! Get out of there. I'm prepared to trap them in a ring of light."