The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

17 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"We aren't safe now?" asked Echo One sharply.

10 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"We're in a shadowrealm of course were not safe," laughed Wizard.

"Plus," inserted Trutharchivist, his eyes glow with dim yellow, "a generally safe place might not be safe for awakening, since all your senses come to 100 percent capacity. You really need to be in a better suited environment, and you can never be ready to how it will be."

All right. So far, my excuse for Trutharchivist's knowledge is that he read the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, but I might need to change that. I'm not sure that having him be awakened will be logical, though.

44 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"We aren't safe now?" asked Echo One sharply.

36 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Plus," inserted Trutharchivist, his eyes glow with dim yellow, "a generally safe place might not be safe for awakening, since all your senses come to 100 percent capacity. You really need to be in a better suited environment, and you can never be ready to how it will be."

Now Nath is chuckling lightly. His voice floats as the slightest breeze on a spring day. It drifts and surrounds the group. "What is that you thought? You imagined that we would smite a legion of enemies and be done? We have not begun. We are in a hostile realm surrounded by the enemy. We are certainly not safe. As for being safe enough to have an awakening occur. The process requires those undergoing it to not be in a situation where at any moment they might have to flee an enemy attack. We should not linger."

Journey surveyed his new companions. A supposed god, a few wizards, a terrifying creature that seemed a lot nicer than it looked, and every other possible assortment of people. These guys are weird.

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Their foul, fetid stench flies on the wind and we must get moving. Across the stream of lava we must cross." Wizard motions to the right. "We must head that way to find another gateway."

Nath hovers above the ground and moves in the direction that Wizard indicated.  He is in ancient places. Mountains shattering armies clashing. Carnage tears the land asunder. In a flash, he is back but those memories they are burned deep into that which passes for his immortal spirit.

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Nath hovers above the ground and moves in the direction that Wizard indicated.  He is in ancient places. Mountains shattering armies clashing. Carnage tears the land asunder. In a flash, he is back but those memories they are burned deep into that which passes for his immortal spirit.

"For those that can't go through lava," Wizard gestures with his left hand and the stream turns into a volcanic crust. Memories of exploing countless alternate futures flood back to Wizard and he makes sure to reinforce the crust. "If we hurry we won't have to fight the army that is," Wizard sniffs the air. "About an hour behind us. You'll be able to see them after we climb up this hill."

“We could take them, right?” Bryson asked. “I mean, if we have to fight them. The goal would be not to.” He adjusted his spectacles again. “Wizards and gods can typically hold their own.”

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I do like to not fight armies." Fadran started hiking the hill.

"Only fools seek to fight. In this you are wise."

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

“We could take them, right?” Bryson asked. “I mean, if we have to fight them. The goal would be not to.” He adjusted his spectacles again. “Wizards and gods can typically hold their own.”

"I would imagine we can. However, it is best that we never find out." Nath floats at speed up the hill.

"The only reason I'm not still dead is because I need to find her. She's not immortal, as far as I know, so once I find her, we can just spend the rest of our lives together." He laughed drily. "No more adventures, just a calm, happy life."