Medallion: If you receive a medallion for any of the abilities, you can use the ability that is on it one time, then it is randomly transferred to a new player.

@StrikerEZ, what about Feruchemical abilities? If the ability stored is Feruchemical, will it be filled? If so, will using it drain it?

Charged Spike: If you receive a spike for any of the abilities, you can put in the spike, permanently altering your role so that you have that ability (in addition to their other abilities) for the rest of the game. Spikes will have a chance to be randomly generated when a player dies.

Do we get to know the probability of a spike being generated? Do we get to know whether or not one was generated when someone dies? If so, do we get to know what type it is? If the Hemalurgist kills a player or an uncharged spike is used, is there also a chance that another spike will be created?

Uncharged Spike: You can use this spike to kill a player and create a Charged Spike. If they had multiple roles, only one of them will be spiked out.

Does the player who uses the uncharged spike get to keep the charged spike?

Lerasium Alloy: There is one in the game. When used, the player receives an allomantic ability of their choice that they don’t already have. 

A powerful tool. I would advise picking Augur, Lurcher, or Sparker, but if you have ability that would synergize well with another such as Nicrosil or Duralumin, those could be good options as well.

The Black Market is where players go to purchase and sell items. Only one item can be sold/purchased per action used on the black market. The prices for both selling and buying items are fixed.

I assume that not all items will be available all the time. How will we know what is available at any given time? Will the thread be informed? If we decide to purchase an item and there are multiple of that type available, will we get to choose which one we receive? Are there a limited number of all items, or just certain ones?

Boxings:

Boxings are used to buy items on the black market, which can be done on both Day and Night turns. Boxings are earned through performing activity tasks. There is no cap on earning boxings until the first item is bought. After that, no more than 25 boxings can be earned per turn. 

• Posting at least once in thread for a turn: 3 boxings

• Posting at least 200 words of RP: 1 boxing per post

• Posting at least 200 words of game-related discussion: 1 boxing per post

• Sending at least one PM (either opening one or responding to a pre-existing one) per turn: 2 boxings

• Having the most posts for that turn: 3 boxings

• Voting on a player during the Day: 1 boxing

Can boxings be earned both turns?

Lafay fast walked his way to the kitchens, the sight of a young girl with meat pies on her head distracted him for a moment, Focus, Lafay he thought, you came here for one thing, whiskey. And storms are you going to get it! He continued his endeavor, slamming open the kitchen door with the strength of a pewter savant. 

“Somebody bring me some rusting whiskey!” He shouted, drawing the attention of the head cook who looked extremely shocked for some reason. Must be from my grand entrance, he thought with a smirk. Lafay found the sounds of pots and pans annoying to say the least, but he would endure it for whiskey. As he walked around the kitchen further, a nice looking kitchen maid bumped into him.

”Oh my, Rust and Ruin, oh Harmony! I’m so sorry mister...” She started.

”Etteax, my fine lady,” Lafay responded trying to use his gentlemanly voice, and failing miserably. Nonetheless, the girl still blushed furiously. “Would you happen to know where to find some quality whiskey around these parts?”

”Sorry sir, someone has already drank all of it in just one day... In fact I think it was y-“ She started, realizing that Mister Etteax was the man the other kitchen maids had be warning to not let near anymore alcoholic beverages.

”Storming warehouse!’ He interrupted  “Why does this place have no whiskey!” 

He started towards the nearest cabinet, stumbling in his drunkness. The kitchen maid looked on in a mix of horror in disbelief as she tried to think of a way to get the man out of the kitchen. Hopefully, he wouldn’t destroy too much like he did the last hour he came looking for the same thing. Hopefully, any destruction he did cause, she wouldn’t get in trouble for it.

As he was being dragged out of the kitchen by the complexes hazekillers for the third time that day, he yet again saw the young girl with meat pies on her head. It seemed she was still confused as how to get them off her head without ruining them. She was clutching a necklace, Lafay wondered what it meant.

Just now, Ventyl said:

”Storming warehouse!’ He interrupted  “Why does this place have no whiskey!” 

:o A Worldhopper! He used a Roshar curse!

Guest Coda
29 minutes ago, Magestar said:

Ah.  I see.  In that case, Coda reads the most Elim to me from the people on your Elim reads list.  I'd be most comfortable lynching him today, at least at the moment.  That might change as time goes on, but I'm willing to place my vote on him for now.  Coda.  I'll definitely have more to discuss later in the cycle, but it's a bit early for me to have any really solid reads.

And why is this exactly? I've done my best to be an active participant in the game, which is a slight deviation from my usual playstyle of doing absolutely nothing, but I don't think that is particularly alignment indicative. Have I done anything particularly suspicious? 

Just now, Coda said:

And why is this exactly? I've done my best to be an active participant in the game, which is a slight deviation from my usual playstyle of doing absolutely nothing, but I don't think that is particularly alignment indicative. Have I done anything particularly suspicious? 

I'm suspicious of you for the same reasons as Araris.  :P 

34 minutes ago, Magestar said:

I'm seeing a lot of Kandra discussion in the past few pages.  I don't really have a problem with that in general, but I'd like to speak specifically to the people who are talking about what abilities the Kandra might have; this is really a very fruitless discussion.  There's really no way to prove whether or not the Kandra has any of the abilities you're theorizing it might.  Given that we can't really prove anything about their abilities, watching out for them or continuing to discuss them is largely irrelevant.  It may become more relevant later in the game, but discussing the Kandra past the point of how their existence effects our search for the Elim isn't really useful.  And with that, I'll join Drake in being done with the Kandra discussion.

Just to clarify something, and put a quick cap on my kandra speeches; I’m mainly worried that the kandra isn’t an SK role at all, which is what most seemed to assume at the beginning. It’s not figuring out what abilities they have, it’s the fact that they likely do have something that we won’t expect from an SK role. Which I think most people are now at least somewhat convinced of.

I also wanted to talk about it now because a) we have no actions/little conversation to lead to elim suspicons, and b ) I’m on mobile rn and can’t sift through messages to find my own suspicons. Both of those are probably from me being a newbie at being suspicious of people.

Alright, no more Kandra talk from me. (But PM me if anyone wants to continue theorizing!)

(Also, b ) without a space autocorrects to B) and I can’t undo it... so awkward spacing it is :P.)

23 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

@StrikerEZ, what about Feruchemical abilities? If the ability stored is Feruchemical, will it be filled? If so, will using it drain it?

I will answer this when I have an answer ready. :P

24 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Do we get to know the probability of a spike being generated? Do we get to know whether or not one was generated when someone dies? If so, do we get to know what type it is?

PAFO

25 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

If the Hemalurgist kills a player or an uncharged spike is used, is there also a chance that another spike will be created?

No.

Does the player who uses the uncharged spike get to keep the charged spike?

Yes.

How will we know what is available at any given time? Will the thread be informed?

The thread will be informed of the items available in the black market each night, and the current price for each item that night as the economy fluctuates. :P

26 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

If we decide to purchase an item and there are multiple of that type available, will we get to choose which one we receive?

You will receive one at random.

27 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Are there a limited number of all items, or just certain ones?

Limited number for all items.

27 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Can boxings be earned both turns?

Yes.

Why did you have to ask so many questions? :P

3 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I know, it's a real pain sometimes. :P

EDIT: meaning the smiley autocorrect

Oh, I thought that you were talking about strikers comment about the number of questions. :P 

@StrikerEZ, do you happen to have a vote count? Or anyone else for that matter.

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

I think it's mostly just pokes at this point.

I'm pretty sure that the main ones are on mist, coda, and myself? I don't remember though. I also don't remember who I placed my vote on last. I think it was ILuvHats, but I don't remember and I didn't really want to go look through the last 8 pages to find out. :P 

9 minutes ago, Experience said:

Which is...

No idea.  I'm sure he's got some reasons though.  :P 

In all seriousness, though, I've been keeping an eye on a couple of people as the cycle progresses, and despite there not being a whole lot to go on, I've got a couple of ideas.  I'd rather not discuss them in too much depth, as I've said previously, but I'll talk a little bit about Coda and Xino.

I have a tendency to be suspicious of people who play very safe with their posts.  I've talked previously about how discussing the roles in the game is a good way to seem like you're contributing without drawing a lot of suspicion to yourself.  So Xino was really one of the people who I was most suspicious of.  This has been nullified somewhat by my own realization that this appears to be Xino's play style in general.  Coda, however, acted similarly, which is apparently different from their usual play style.  This, in concert with a few things they've said, along with their activity right at the beginning of the cycle, gave me a weird vibe.  I wouldn't say they're necessarily the person I'm most suspicious of at the moment, or even that they're the person who I think will give the most information from a successful lynch, but Coda is the person on Araris' list I'm most willing to lynch/discuss lynching.

Vote count:

• Mist (1): Reading 
  • TGK (1): Elkanah 
  • Araris (2): Karnage, Pyro 
  • Experience (1): Araris 
  • ILuvHats (1): Experience  
  • Emi (1): Ventyl 
  • Kyne (1): DM 
  • Coda (1): Magestar 

Which is funny because if someone moves off Araris to someone who hasn't been voted on yet, then we have a 9-way tie.

Just now, Experience said:

I'm pretty sure that the main ones are on mist, coda, and myself? I don't remember though. I also don't remember who I placed my vote on last. I think it was ILuvHats, but I don't remember and I didn't really want to go look through the last 8 pages to find out. :P 

Yes it was.

Just now, Matrim's_Dice said:

Which is funny because if someone moves off Araris to someone who hasn't been voted on yet, then we have a 9-way tie.

How wide the tie is doesn't matter, I think.  On a tie a random person dies, IIRC.

17 hours ago, Magestar said:

No idea.  I'm sure he's got some reasons though.  :P 

In all seriousness, though, I've been keeping an eye on a couple of people as the cycle progresses, and despite there not being a whole lot to go on, I've got a couple of ideas.  I'd rather not discuss them in too much depth, as I've said previously, but I'll talk a little bit about Coda and Xino.

I have a tendency to be suspicious of people who play very safe with their posts.  I've talked previously about how discussing the roles in the game is a good way to seem like you're contributing without drawing a lot of suspicion to yourself.  So Xino was really one of the people who I was most suspicious of.  This has been nullified somewhat by my own realization that this appears to be Xino's play style in general.  Coda, however, acted similarly, which is apparently different from their usual play style.  This, in concert with a few things they've said, along with their activity right at the beginning of the cycle, gave me a weird vibe.  I wouldn't say they're necessarily the person I'm most suspicious of at the moment, or even that they're the person who I think will give the most information from a successful lynch, but Coda is the person on Araris' list I'm most willing to lynch/discuss lynching.

I'm pretty sure that xino reviews the rules in every game, so at least for me it's NAI

17 hours ago, Magestar said:

How wide the tie is doesn't matter, I think.  On a tie a random person dies, IIRC.

Yes, it's randomly chosen on a tie, as long as it's not 0 votes.

Edited by Elbereth
double post

1 minute ago, Magestar said:

Yeah, I know. Still interesting to think about. If there was a 9-way tie in Joe's MR right now, all 9 would die...

Just now, Magestar said:

Yeah that's what I've heard about Xino.

Personally, I'd rather have more of a train for the lynch, with the number of vote manips that could be in the game.

I would rather have a train as well, mostly because I am one of those that is in the tie and would rather not chance dying.

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

True, but every use of vote manip gives us info/sucks up an action.

Yes, the thing is that we may not want to suck up the action. As I said before, I'm leaning village for araris, and they thought that coda and I weren't on the same team. This means that Coda must be an elim. (ILuvHats)