Most Powerful Knight's Radiant Order?

Sun

Most Powerful Order  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win a Knight's Radiant civil war?

• Windrunners
    • Lightweavers
    • Willshapers
    • Elsecallers
    • Bondsmiths
    • Truthwatchers
    • Skybreakers
    • Dustbringers
    • Edgedancers
    • Stonewards

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2014 at 6:30 PM, AerionBFII said:

I always thought they would be pretty even, it would depend more on the person and who's bond is stronger...

This is definitely the answer I go with.  It's like when people say what martial art is the best.  It all depends on the practitioner.

But If I had to choose, I'd say Windrunners, based on flexibility, mobility, and general (shown) martial prowess.  I think the ability to send someone flying off or sticking to a wall with a touch is a pretty awesome ability, and the "danger-sense" from adhesion that was previously mentioned would be tremendously useful in a fight

Edited by Impact

So I voted for elsecaller because I am biased and I love the idea of teleportation with matter transformation. Now having said that, from what I have read Lightweavers seem pretty powerful. Now a lot of this is theoretical but the potential of making solid illusions could open a whole wide range of possibilities, coupled with potentially shooting lasers and harmful waves? In the right creative hands, that can be horrifying. 

So, here is my question- we know it's very hard/nearly impossible to use the different magic systems in the Cosmere  on Invested people/objects. However, we've seen Szeth Lash Kaladin, and Kal Lashing Shallan and in Dalinar's vision a Windrunner KR Lashed a fellow KR, and the only requirement for that was that the other KR dismiss his/her Plate. 

So, how does that work exactly? Can some Surges work on people directly and some not? Or can they all work against Invested people/objects? 

What did I miss? I'm confused.

On 8/5/2019 at 9:04 AM, Impact said:

But If I had to choose, I'd say Windrunners, based on flexibility, mobility, and general (shown) martial prowess.  I think the ability to send someone flying off or sticking to a wall with a touch is a pretty awesome ability, and the "danger-sense" from adhesion that was previously mentioned would be tremendously useful in a fight

You say this, but then Stoneward surges essentially mean they have an at-will stoneshape, except it works on everything.

Elsecallers can make matter out of thin air, and just convert people into... not people. Jasnah literally just goes around calling #realityhax wherever she goes. Oh you think there's a supporting beam here? Nope, its now empty air. Oh I want to get up there? "Let there be Stairs!", and air became a stair. Oh you think you had a living breathing body? Nope it's just fire now. Lol no, I'm not saying you'll burn, I'm saying your body will literally transmute itself into fire and just puff out. Bubbye! Not to mention they can star-trek beam themselves from one place to another.

Lightweavers should, in theory, be able to make lasers that burn holes into things. Potentially plasma too, since they do have Transformation.

Skybreakers should be able to split the air as they fly to create thunderous sonic booms. And you know, they can divide other things too.

I shudder to think what Releasers will bring to the table, with Abrasion and Division.

56 minutes ago, TheFoxQR said:

You say this, but then Stoneward surges essentially mean they have an at-will stoneshape, except it works on everything.

Elsecallers can make matter out of thin air, and just convert people into... not people. Jasnah literally just goes around calling #realityhax wherever she goes. Oh you think there's a supporting beam here? Nope, its now empty air. Oh I want to get up there? "Let there be Stairs!", and air became a stair. Oh you think you had a living breathing body? Nope it's just fire now. Lol no, I'm not saying you'll burn, I'm saying your body will literally transmute itself into fire and just puff out. Bubbye! Not to mention they can star-trek beam themselves from one place to another.

Lightweavers should, in theory, be able to make lasers that burn holes into things. Potentially plasma too, since they do have Transformation.

Skybreakers should be able to split the air as they fly to create thunderous sonic booms. And you know, they can divide other things too.

I shudder to think what Releasers will bring to the table, with Abrasion and Division.

That's why I find it so hard to have a real answer.  There is a lot each order can bring to a fight, so its hard to really come up with a reason one beats the other.

But I like Windrunners so I'll find reasons to make them win.  Like how I think agility is very important in a fight, so they have that :D

On 8/9/2019 at 1:57 PM, Steel Inquisitive said:

Windrunners could win just through shear numbers. One windrunner can equate twenty squires. Sure other orders have squires but none of them to the degree of windrunners.

How do these Windrunners know when they have killed all the Lightweavers?

2 hours ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

They use Larkin testing!

We know of two Larkin.  How exactly do these Windrunners get their hands on so enough larkin and who exactly administers the test and who is the test on?

6 hours ago, Karger said:

We know of two Larkin.  How exactly do these Windrunners get their hands on so enough larkin and who exactly administers the test and who is the test on?

And we only know of two Lightweavers. I would have to assume that this hypothetical war is happening many years in the future/past.

They test anyone they suspect. Also they can have their spren look for Cryptics.

2 hours ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

And we only know of two Lightweavers. I would have to assume that this hypothetical war is happening many years in the future/past.

They test anyone they suspect. Also they can have their spren look for Cryptics.

Larkin are an endangered species.  You can't just turn that around whenever you want to.  An effective lightweaver would avoid suspicion and Cryptics can hide behind the Lightweavings themselves.

Just now, Pathfinder said:

The ole trick in DnD for getting around illusions is carpet bomb the area. Doesn't matter how or where the enemy hides, they will still get hit. So theoretically dustbringers could handle lightweavers. 

If they don't care about friendly fire.

3 minutes ago, Karger said:

If they don't care about friendly fire.

DR<          L

DR<                     L

DR<   L

DR<               L

A line of Dustbringers shoot waves of flame outward. Or better option, Skybreakers over head using division to carpet bomb the area as they fly by. 

33 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

A line of Dustbringers shoot waves of flame outward. Or better option, Skybreakers over head using division to carpet bomb the area as they fly by. 

My idea was that they use their abilities to disguise themselves as members of other orders or civilians not to have them hide under illusory rocks. 

Edited by Karger

9 minutes ago, Karger said:

My idea was that they use their abilities to disguise themselves as members of other orders or civilians not to have them hide under illusory rocks. 

As vikor on page 1 pointed out, and I assume is the case, it is a knights radiant civil war. As in only radiants are involved. So making an illusion of a civilian would call even more attention to the civilian as they would be out of place. lightweavers cannot fly. The implication of this post is last radiant order standing. So skybreakers flying over and carpet bombing everything would still be effective and still catch the lightweavers. 

59 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

As vikor on page 1 pointed out, and I assume is the case, it is a knights radiant civil war. As in only radiants are involved. So making an illusion of a civilian would call even more attention to the civilian as they would be out of place. lightweavers cannot fly. The implication of this post is last radiant order standing. So skybreakers flying over and carpet bombing everything would still be effective and still catch the lightweavers. 

I challenge you to give me an example of a war in witch no civilians were involved in any capacity.

1 minute ago, Pathfinder said:

As pointed out by Vikor, the post is regarding a battle between radiants. 

Assuming it was some kind of free for all battle lightweavers could intermingle with say the elsecallers and help them soulcast any areal attack until all the flyers were down.  Alternatively they could also join the stoneward fortifications and use soulcasting to imitate that order in order to survive bombardment.

34 minutes ago, Karger said:

Assuming it was some kind of free for all battle lightweavers could intermingle with say the elsecallers and help them soulcast any areal attack until all the flyers were down.  Alternatively they could also join the stoneward fortifications and use soulcasting to imitate that order in order to survive bombardment.

I could see that. Though they would still run the risk of getting killed in the attacks towards the elsecallers, and stonewards.