10th Heightening and Beyond, what do they see

Dancer

As people acquire more and more Breath they start to see colors more vividly. It is to the point that If you go 10th heightening that you can't perceive the world as regular people do. So what is it they are seeing. My theory is that they are starting to see beyond the visible light spectrum and seeing into the UV and IR. It's either that or Spiritual mumbo jumbo.

Off topic but someone of the 10th heightening or above should never become a tineye. The amount of sensory overload you would experience would be a nightmare.    

2 hours ago, Dancer said:

As people acquire more and more Breath they start to see colors more vividly. It is to the point that If you go 10th heightening that you can't perceive the world as regular people do. So what is it they are seeing. My theory is that they are starting to see beyond the visible light spectrum and seeing into the UV and IR. It's either that or Spiritual mumbo jumbo.

We have it confirmed that Awakening does drain Infrared and Ultraviolent colors as well as the visible spectrum, so I would entirely expect the Heightenings to let you perceive those eventually.  But I also fully expect there to be some spiritual Mumbo Jumbo in there.  The heightenings seem to represent a relatively linear progression toward some sort of weak splinter-hood, and the person is getting more and more suffused with Investiture.  I think at some point there's going to be some peaking between realms; could be some weak Peaking into the Spiritual as a Fortune effect, or could be peaking into the cognitive like some Horneaters can.   Or both, or something else entirely.  We still dont know how Nathians Worldhop, but the Scholars at least had a pretty big Breath store when they were out and about.   

Argent

Does Awakening drain colors outside the visible spectrum?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes it does. You're talking about ultraviolet and infrared? Yeah.

JordanCon 2018 (April 22, 2018)

2 hours ago, Dancer said:

Off topic but someone of the 10th heightening or above should never become a tineye. The amount of sensory overload you would experience would be a nightmare.    

If they are Tin ferring or Twinborn I believe they'd be able to fill metalminds with the excess Sensory input and regulate it to some extent. 

7 hours ago, Dancer said:

As people acquire more and more Breath they start to see colors more vividly. It is to the point that If you go 10th heightening that you can't perceive the world as regular people do.

According to the Ars Arcanum, the 3rd Heightening is when the ability to see colors and discern variations peaks. We haven't been given any hint that higher Heightenings actually increase color perception beyond that point.

Perfect Color Recognition: While each gained Breath leads a person to greater appreciation of colors, it isn’t until one reaches the Third Heightening that one can instantly and instinctively determine exact shades of colors and their hue harmonics.

5 hours ago, Quantus said:

We still dont know how Nathians Worldhop

They have a perpendicularity.

14 minutes ago, RShara said:

According to the Ars Arcanum, the 3rd Heightening is when the ability to see colors and discern variations peaks. We haven't been given any hint that higher Heightenings actually increase color perception beyond that point.

Yes we have.  Susbron's conversation's with Siri.  He gives his all colors are beauty to my eyes speech.

3 minutes ago, Karger said:

They have a perpendicularity.

Yes we have.  Susbron's conversation's with Siri.  He gives his all colors are beauty to my eyes speech.

And is that different than people of the 3rd Heightening, other than philosophically? I mean, look how Vivenna describes colors at her Heightening.

How could she explain? Each red was different, like notes on a musical scale. The walls were of pure red. The roof tiles, side columns, and other ornamentations were of slightly different shades, each distinct and intentional. The columns, for instance, formed stepping fifths of color, harmonizing with the base tint of the walls.

It was like a symphony of hues. The building had obviously been constructed for a person who had achieved the Third Heightening, as only such a person would be able to see the ideal resonance. To others . . . well, it was just a bunch of red.

Edited by RShara

Just now, RShara said:

And is that different than people of the 3rd Heightening, other than philosophically?

Lightsong and Blushweaver never seem overwhelm by the beauty around them to the point where they have a hard time distinguishing different kinds of physical beauty.

6 minutes ago, Karger said:

Lightsong and Blushweaver never seem overwhelm by the beauty around them to the point where they have a hard time distinguishing different kinds of physical beauty.

They also haven't be raised sheltered from every source of learning experience and context. Vivenna gets almost-overwhelmed for a while after she first got her load of Breath.

Vivenna couldn’t help but notice that she saw each color more vibrantly now. She had a strangely precise sense of color—she could divide its shades and hues, understanding instinctively how close each color was to the ideal. It was like perfect pitch for the eyes.

It was very, very difficult not to see beauty in the colors.

Edited by RShara

1 hour ago, RShara said:

They also haven't be raised sheltered from every source of learning experience and context. Vivenna gets almost-overwhelmed for a while after she first got her load of Breath.

Vivenna was getting her breath for the fist time.  Lightsong, Blushweaver and Susebron were all basically born with theirs(I know not technically but still).  Lightsong and Blushweaver both have adjusted to their perceptions to the point where neither of them take much notice of the experience but after considerably more time Susebron still claims to be overwhelmed by it.

In Sesebron's case, it might also be that his aura is bringing out the colors of everything around him to a higher extent. So the other gods and people of 3rd heightening might see what he sees if they were near him. That said, I think it does leave some opening that higher heightenings, at least 10th, might experience some other perception change. Nothing confirmable though.