Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

Well ok then...nvm I got a prompt there wouldn’t be anymore. That kinda bums me out.

Son has been here past few days so I haven’t really been able to press on. I’m beginning to feel the burn to hurry up and get on with CS3.

CS2 Act 2 stuff

I just went with guide to Terra and I love the inside past old doorway! I can’t wait to see the themes of other ones! Also the music is operatic! Love it! I hope each shrine has a unique score.

Edited by Briar King

Holy rusting rust on a rusting stick. My head is spinning! That was a huge unload progressing after that last bit. I’m back in control and it seems like I really need my ducks in a row now.

That was beyond fantastic even though I’m lacking massive context/info about other games.

Yeah, a fair chunk of what you're missing lies squarely in the 'we released this after Crossbell so we expect you to get the details from those games' camp but you'll eventually be filled in on the most directly relevant details of what you're seeing.

Edited by Weltall

19 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Beat 1st Cryptid and won a prize. Doesn’t really say what it does though other than it’s all or nothing to do it.

It's a Lost Quartz, which you can socket into a character's orbment to give them a Lost Art, a powerful art. You can only use a one Lost Art per battle. Each Cryptid superboss drops one.

3 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Yes but no description what it does. I’m not taking away one of my slots at present. I ll equip and see what it does later on today.

If you equip the quartz, you can tab over to the arts page and scroll down to that Lost Art to see what it does, without having to test it in battle.

1 minute ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

It basically gives you a really big art that costs all your EP but has a really strong effect. I would say that all in all it's not really worth it. I never used them. 

The 200% party wide heal, and the Time manipulation one are fantastic. Also the CP one.

Edited by Val the Moofia Boss

Artemis' Tear is easily one of the most powerful spells and since it doesn't depend on ATS you can throw it on anyone with the right elemental slots. That extra HP really helps with boss fights. Even the offensive Lost Arts have their uses since they come with the All Cancel property (ie they'll wipe all the enemies' buffs including bypassing barriers) and have some nice debuffs to inflict on top of that. The damage is pretty much icing on the cake.

Bought an adapter to plug in my ps2 controller to my laptop. It works great so I was ready to play Cold Steel with it so I could use the TV instead of my laptop's screen. Well, for whatever reason everything works perfect save for the right stick. Moving it horizontally moves the camera vertically and vice versa. I'll be crying on that corner trying to fix this. 

Technically unrelated but this is funny. So I said that using my ps2 controller was weird. Eventually I saw X360ce being suggested. Well, thanks to the diagram that comes with the app, I discovered that Windows detects the right stick's 'up' to the left, and from there if you rotate clockwise, it detects it counter-clockwise. Not only that but every single button was in the wrong place. This is what I get for being cheap and not buying like an actual ps3 controller, but it works now at least.