Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

Can it be looked up by someone? I don’t want to see any spoilers. 

Im going to be pretty mad if I have to replay 8-10 hours and regrind to current levels. This is only 2 DP I ll be missing but if there’s other mistakes or challenging battle points I ll be 2 points shorter… not sure why this person never edited the guide after people drew attention to the issue.

Thanks. That is not a lot of wiggle room if I press on. Really don’t want to redo hr upon hr.. decisions

Went back and I’m going on speed mode without doing dialogue rounds. We ll see how it goes. Got to do several quests and monster scans over ugh. Erasing about 7 hours of gameplay. 

yea this blows.. down 2 lvls and out a poison quartz in my rush to get back to Mainz. Doubt I ll regrind those lvls. I just want to be back where I was at.

Edited by Briar King

Spent all night off and on getting back and passing where I was at originally and got access to the mine for some “training”. Today I haven’t pressed on yet but I regained my lvls and got one higher. Idk if it ll be a go tonight or tomorrow.

I really like this whole detective angle. Its certainly different approach when doing quests over CS more military approach.

When I get back to Crossbell I’ll have to go through Wendy’s explanation of the orbments. I’m totally lost on this game’s mechanics and I just skipped over it thinking it would be the same. I’m really missing the whole master quartz thing that’s for sure..

At a glance it seems to be some kind of addition system to unlock orbments.

Edited by Briar King

Yeah, I miss the addition system. This is the era where if you play your cards right you can have an art list filled with dozens of arts because in unlocking that one ultra powerful one that requires 15 of one element, you unlocked everything that came before. I do like playing around with stat increases with the CS approach but, this was cool. 

MQ appear in Azure, though they're a bit different from CS. 

Is Ken and Nana, Juna’s younger siblings?

That was a hell of a dialogue round yesterday to just now. I had forgotten to get to the cathedral last night before turning off. The light rays are fantastic. The waterfalls to on one of these roads.

Time for some quest now.

Dang man I forgot about St Ursula…ugh I guess that means Mainz to. I hate/love this. Also have I met Aeolia and Lynn in CS?

Well that ends my session today.. up at ER with kids and ex wife. 

Edited by Briar King

Yeah your Switch definitely has battery issues. It could just be that its battery is dying. Rechargable batteries hold less and less charge the more you fully charge them, so if you use your Switch undocked very frequently, it's likely that your Switch's battery is just at its limit. 

It's not a particularly long lasting battery to begin with. Especially if it's the older model. With demanding games 4 hours would be pushing it. I feel like you'd get some more mileage out of this game though, it's not too intensive graphically. 

15 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

It's not a particularly long lasting battery to begin with. Especially if it's the older model. With demanding games 4 hours would be pushing it. I feel like you'd get some more mileage out of this game though, it's not too intensive graphically. 

Yeah I thought it was just because XC3 was more of a beast it was taking the juice out but this week I’ve brought it out with me while waiting on the methheads to make their rounds so I can study them and it’s the same rate. Just a few minutes of play and I ll be showing 93%. 20 minutes Im below 80%.

These Poms are ridiculously hard compared to CS. Like good luck getting more than one to stick around till death. Randy at full 200cp can’t even one shot them at current strength lvl and his is the best to hit multiple targets. Tio’s buster is amazingly strong for most enemies but only does about 150 at full 200. Lloyd can do big damage but only one at a time for his. I’m just trying to farm them today for u material and the nice sepith drops. Also very hard even from behind to get the preemptive. If I hit them on field they die at this point so no item drops that way.

They were so easy to take out in CS..

This been a big adjustment tactics wise for me and much jaw hanging at the ineffectiveness of my gang.

Oh success on the Mainz path Poms. Used Elie’s shot to stun and got the good critical opening and there was 3 of them! Randy got it done at 200 cp one shoting them. 60xp 96 all sepith!

Edited by Briar King

Did alot of exploring this weekend while in handheld not having my tv. Son is back home so today I’ve been in Arc theatre.

I remember Ilya is hurt or something in CS so I don’t think I ever met her in those games. I’m suspecting I ll be unable to prevent it from happening the way this chapter is playing out but it seems way to early timeline wise so idk..getting more into the Revache/Heiyeu stuff. Once again I don’t think I met anyone from Revache in CS unlike the other group..just talked to Cao. Any info on Revache conflict in CS likely went over my head without the direct context of this games events. (Though Garcia does seem kinda familiar…is he one of the Jaegar characters in CS4?) I’m starting to see how the state was able to be taken over by Erebonia though. Its current state is shaky.. was cool seeing Bellguard and Tangram. Also seeing Altair from it. Idk if I was able to see that in CS..

Edited by Briar King

Guess I’m seeing the infamous Yin as I type this. Tell ya what though (but don’t tell me) for all the txt block telling me this is a black shrouded man it really feels like this is a woman…

Ed I farmed so much sepit taking out hordes of Poms I’ve amassed quite a horde of funds. Went ahead and bought 2 of Imelda’s accessories. Will probably go ahead and get two more when able.. will stil have 25 K left and I still have over 3k left of the good sepith each I can exchange for more funds to keep the Mira cushion up. I’m likely way over the mark most people were at this point in the game.

Edited by Briar King