Public Opinions  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your experience with Phase 3, The Taste of Death (ToD)?

• Excellent :D
    • Good :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad :(
    • Terrible >:(
    • Didn't participate/No opinion
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4, All Lights Quenched (ALQ)?

3. 3. Overall, have you enjoyed the Rift Saga?

accchh why do i keep on getting game ended with my response time. if they left tell me but i dont have enough time to read through everything atm.

Talost looked at the woman called Tena, then squatted down, balancing on the balls of his feet, looking at the ground. "Bad decision." He leaped up, the full force of his body powering a right handed punch aiming right for her cheekbone, positioned perfectly to knock her into the arms of his siblings behind her. "Your choice is your own, Ambrosia." Talost walked over to Ambrosia and took her chin in his hand. "I see why Silas loved you. The beauty, but the fire just as much. He knew he had chosen someone who would protect his children. If you and your father surrender, all the children will still live. It all rests on you two," he said, dropping Ambrosia's chin and glancing at Anthony. 

"And please do choose quickly. You have 5 minutes."

@RayOfSunshine @Sherlock Holmes

6 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

*sighs*

I was hoping for a response with, you know, character building, facing fears, something

but I guess this works too.

I have no idea how to face a fear, that is as strong, as what you described. No way to do anything but run away, blindly. Anything else would be completely unlogical, in my opinion. But we had a great, face your fears scene, before your NPCs showed up ^_^

Edited by Sorana

On 8/30/2019 at 9:16 PM, RayOfSunshine said:

His face began to crack, eyes filling with rage. His entire body shook, and his jaw unhinged. Both hands dissolved into a writhing mass of bugs. Out of them came something else... they fit on the end, but they were no longer hands. There was serrated claws, three of them, and a smaller hook on each hand. It was like a dinosaur of some kind.

He roared, loud as gunshot, but full of anger, for five seconds.

When he spoke, it was erratically, full of raw hatred. His face was still cracked, and the cracks were growing. 

"WOMAN. You dare. Do not question us. You are so far beneath us that you don't even have rights." The bugs in his face had begun to shift, one eye upside down, the other in the corner of his forehead. Horns had sprouted from his head, about three inches long. The teeth began to shift, replacing regular teeth with fangs. The surface bugs began to pull inside, replacing the skin with dark, cracked brown, with veins of red and black running through. His hair was gone within seconds, revealing a bald scalp, made of the same material, with two horns, which had grown to be a half foot each. They were pure black. His eyes were still missing, and his jaw was still human.

"Nothing I do to you matters, not to the other, not to anyone."

The leather jacket bulged in places, as did the pants. The changed hands shifted, becoming the skin material. His boots fell off, unzipped from the inside. They revealed clawed feet, like those of a dragon. The skin was, again, the cracked, dark, veined skin. Finally, eyes appeared on the face. They focused on Aln, red, with black instead of white. Like a black canvas with a red circle drawn on it, a dot in the middle of that. Oily, dark, terrible.

"And I think..." The bulges on his body grew. "It's time to give you a taste..." The jaw hinged again, teeth sticking out like a crocodile, skin changed. "Of what we can do."  With that, the bulges burst through the closing, revealing long spikes, all throughout the body, tearing the jacket, the shirt, the pants. Smaller spikes emerged on the hands, the face, and the feet. Dark wings, massive, emerged from his back. Like a bats, made of a collection of thin bugs. Every bit of it came together then... the skin was almost scales. John was no longer in a human form. John was a demon, a dragon, an abomination.

Out of his right hand was pushed a fabrial. He grinned, fangs making it seem, not happy, but threatening.

He pushed the fabrial to her arm. "Any last words?"

Aln stumbled backward as he began to transform, her eyes growing wide with terror. She knocked over a mannequin in her frantic retreat as his words materialized in the air. "Nothing I do to you matters, not to the other, not to anyone." 

Wait, said a small part of her mind. Who's the other? But it was soon crushed under the rising wave of panic that overwhelmed all other thoughts.  Aln! cried her spren, and she reflexively sucked in Stormlight. As she began to glow, the abomination pressed a strange fabrial to her arm, and all she could do was stand the, paralyzed with fear, eyes closed.

@RayOfSunshine

I kinda wanted to have her just suck the Stormlight out of the fabrial, but I'm also pretty curious to see where this is going. So, for now, she leaves it.

Edited by Rushu42

5 hours ago, bees? said:

Talost looked at the woman called Tena, then squatted down, balancing on the balls of his feet, looking at the ground. "Bad decision." He leaped up, the full force of his body powering a right handed punch aiming right for her cheekbone, positioned perfectly to knock her into the arms of his siblings behind her. "Your choice is your own, Ambrosia." Talost walked over to Ambrosia and took her chin in his hand. "I see why Silas loved you. The beauty, but the fire just as much. He knew he had chosen someone who would protect his children. If you and your father surrender, all the children will still live. It all rests on you two," he said, dropping Ambrosia's chin and glancing at Anthony. 

"And please do choose quickly. You have 5 minutes."

Tena ducked the punch. "Nice one. Okay, I surrender. Don't hurt my baby, though."

On 9/1/2019 at 4:11 PM, kenod said:

Back in the city KanMien left the alleys, standing at the edge of the field cleared by the armored soldier, watching the rubble around them. Face resolute they lifted the grenade launcher, looking at the holes their bullets had left in the armor. They doubted the grenades would do any damage beyond superficial damage, but if they managed to hit one of the holes...

They started tapping their zinc, aiming for the hole, calculating the angles and wind direction, and then fired off two shots, and started running sideways, ducking behind the mounts of rubble. They couldn't die here, no matter what. After all, they had a promise to keep.

Could you respond to this Ark?

Edit: Also, where is Genghis currently?

@RayOfSunshine

Edited by kenod

“Sure,” Max said. He looked to the mechanical monster in front of him and ran forward, sending forth a barrage of Rioting, not supertapping but trying to enhance any little emotion of restraint, fear, depression in the monster, of it could even feel that. Stopping in place he used the momentum to throw Sethramir like a spear, his aim directly for the monster’s chest.

——-x

Wes got a message. They needed him on the roof. But Wes was scared. Oh, storms.

I want to stya with Mike, he typed, spelling mistakes because of his fear. I’m so scared, thta monster will kill me, I camt go back.

On 9/1/2019 at 6:38 PM, Fatebreaker said:

"Fast enough for you?"

As the blades sank in, the black fire they produced began to cover the Stranger. They outlined his entire body, creating a grisly tableau.

The Stranger's grin widened. 

"Oh my sweet boy, you've no idea how foolish that was,"

The cowl of souls erupted from him like some kind of hellish geyser. The shades of countless people and creatures screaming, seeming to tear themselves from the wounds. They enveloped Ajax like rushing water, engulfing him. Screams filled his mind, raw hatred and ragged terror suffusing his consciousness, making it extremely difficult to formulate thought. Burning copper seemed to lessen it, but it couldn't drown them out. Their faces filled his vision, a parade of the lost. Young and old, male and female, familiar and unnatural. Their grasp could be felt, innumerable ghostly hands pulling and grasping at him. And they were getting louder.

Ajax snarled, "You think this can stop me? It will take more than a few ghosts."

He moved to slash his swords sideways, trying to bisect the Stranger. But they wouldn't move. He looked down, through the fog of the fallen and saw the Stranger's hands wrapped around the blades. The Denizen bent backwards at an unnatural angle, til he was face to face with Ajax. His eyespike shon like a fell beacon, contrasted by the swirling darkness of his right eye. 

"Oh, it gets worse. Much worse."

Then the Stranger tapped ludicrous amounts of steel and moved with a speed that made compounders look sluggish. His whole body twisted like a shark in the water, jackknifing horribly, and he lunged towards his prey. As he shot forward, he soulcast a bronze spike in the air and caught it in his teeth. His eye gleamed and he rammed it through Ajax's bicep with such force that it went clean though and out the other side, where an Alley opened up and swallowed it. The Stranger looked Ajax in the face and whispered,

"I'm going to tear your very Soul apart. Your Allomantic copper is the first price I require. Now, why don't you allow my friends to introduce themselves properly."

And the cowl of shades renewed their assault, unhindered by any copper clouds. The Stranger began rioting fear and soothing confidence, creating a living nightmare for his opponent. Now was time to make him suffer.

Lord Ajax's face filled with raw fear. He shivered.

Then he realized something.

He activated the leecher bubble, preparing to destroy anything made of investiture.

On 8/30/2019 at 8:16 PM, RayOfSunshine said:

They moved through the alleyway quickly. An old beggar stepped toward them, but she ignored the man. Suddenly, his hand glinted. Without hesitation, she snapped the mans neck.

She continued forward, emerging into the richer part of the city. Outside of the crater.

As they ran, they passed an old beggar, and the women attacked him and snapped his neck, for seemingly no reason.

Kendul stopped, dumbfounded.

"You- you just murdered an innocent man! What is wrong with you? He didn't even do anything!" He yelled at her.

@RayOfSunshine

Edited by Lord Furret

16 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

I don’t know his exact location, but he’s fighting the Jackal. You want to help though, that’d be welcomed.

Alright, thanks.

Fragarach ran along the rooftops, sword in her hands, looking down at the streets below. Some parts of the city had already collapsed during the fighting, but other buildings were still standing. She summoned a gust of wind beneath herself to launch herself over a particularly long gap, then continued running. In the distance she could hear sounds of fighting. Smiling she rushed towards it, hands tightening around the hilt of her sword.

Standing on the rooftop she watched the fight below her. A man wearing what seemed to be power armor fighting a second man using a staff, wearing an animal-like mask. Grinning she waited for a break in their fight, gathering up wind around herself. When the break came she jumped down the side of the building, releasing the wind when she reached the bottom, focusing most of the wind outwards in large shock-wave. Twirling around her sword she smiled. "Well," she said, falling into a fighting stance, "this looks like it's going to be fun!".

Aylitha rushed forwards with Max, running past him when he stopped to throw this sword. Really? she thought. Throwing away your weapon already? Mentally she shrugged, he probably had some way to get it back. Running forwards she started going in a slight curve, keeping an eye on the many guns and weapons her opponent carried. At the same time she also noticed a familiar figure hiding behind the rubble, holding a grenade launcher. Again, she shrugged. As she ran she got closer to the ground, running on hand and feet, her form changing into that of a man-sized fox.

KanMien ran between the mounts of rubble, firing another two grenades in the direction of the robot. They weren't aimed properly, but they hoped the explosions might take out some of the robot's sensors. Looking to the side they saw other people coming as well. They shook their head and kept running. They couldn't get distracted now. Seeing one of them run in to fight hand to hand she sighed and rolled behind a larger mount of rubble, looking at what was happening, keeping an eye on any of the robot's guns. They blinked when they saw one of the fighters change shape into a giant fox. Shaking their head they opened up the grenade launcher, taking the opportunity to reload the empty magazines.

@RayOfSunshine

On 9/1/2019 at 8:24 PM, RayOfSunshine said:

Alexander looked on, and when he spoke, his voice somehow conveyed an evil smirk.

"Well, the hunt has begun." His companion grabbed him again, and they flew into the air to track their prey.

“Ok,” Tels said, trying to cling on to his last bit of sanity not overwhelmed by fear, “I don’t t-think that this is going to work. That g-guy is too fast.” Even mentioning the thing sent horrible images through Tels’ mind, enough to make any nightmare seem like a daydream. “I’ll s-see if I can distract h-him, you guys find some way to get out of h-here.” Turning around to face the man flying through the air, and the thing carrying him, Tels did the only thing he could think of to distract him. He picked up a small piece of rubble, and chucked it up towards him.

@RayOfSunshine

@I think I am here.

@Sherlock Holmes

@Sorana

2 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

“Ok,” Tels said, trying to cling on to his last bit of sanity not overwhelmed by fear, “I don’t t-think that this is going to work. That g-guy is too fast.” Even mentioning the thing sent horrible images through Tels’ mind, enough to make any nightmare seem like a daydream. “I’ll s-see if I can distract h-him, you guys find some way to get out of h-here.” Turning around to face the man flying through the air, and the thing carrying him, Tels did the only thing he could think of to distract him. He picked up a small piece of rubble, and chucked it up towards him.

@RayOfSunshine

@I think I am here.

@Sherlock Holmes

@Sorana

Seom picked up some rubble herself and threw it, glaring at the guy.

5 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

“I’ll s-see if I can distract h-him, you guys find some way to get out of h-here.”

Find some way to get out of here. Mike didn't wait, didn't hesitate. Seom picked up some rubble, and he scremed in fear.

"You need to run, Seom, run! Tels, just come!"

He yelled, then the fear was too much and he grabbed Wes had and started to run. Away. Run away and hide, somewhere. A store, a bed, a closet. Somewhere the DA wouldn't find them, somewhere nobody would find them. Somewhere safe. His heart beat a fast rhythm, while his feet hit the ground. Flee.

@Truthless of Shinovar

@Sherlock Holmes

==================

Althea saw Aylitha and Max storm forward, attack the guy and she touched the air around their enemies body. The spren perked up at her presence and she was glad, that, just like the lamp, it didn't like the sprenless being on the street. She soulcasted the air around the armour into a thick and sticky mud, hopefully covering sensores and possibilities to perceive the world outside of the armour. She had no idea where such sensonrs might be, so she simply covered everything. In the best case, that would help Max and Aylitha to land some fatal blows.

@RayOfSunshine

A beep caught her attention and she read the reply of the engineer.

I want to stya with Mike, I’m so scared, thta monster will kill me, I camt go back.

Annoyed she was about to write something back, force him to follow her order, but then she located him instead on her map. Four Ghostbloods, followed by two of these creations.

Move to our position asap. Bring Mike and the other two with you. Don't risk your life.

She replied instead and packed the device away, doubting somehow that they would survive.

@I think I am here.

Wes let himself be carried along looking at the message. The message meant to go back. Back there.

He stopped at the orders, shaking on the spot when he saw who the message was addressed from.

Because now, there was only one thing he was afraid of more than the monsters’ mind warping. And that was disobeying a Ghostblood, especially a Triarchy member themself. The fear of punishment from not following orders overpowered the fear to run and Wes looked back at the rooftop, terrified.

“The high ranks will kill us if we flee and disobey them,” he said, showing the message to Mike, gesturing to who it was from. 

“You said, the last time you disobeyed they sent you to the DA. They might do that again, if we don’t go to the rooftop. A certainty is worse than a likelihood.”

14 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Wes let himself be carried along looking at the message. The message meant to go back. Back there.

He stopped at the orders, shaking on the spot when he saw who the message was addressed from.

Because now, there was only one thing he was afraid of more than the monsters’ mind warping. And that was disobeying a Ghostblood, especially a Triarchy member themself. The fear of punishment from not following orders overpowered the fear to run and Wes looked back at the rooftop, terrified.

“The high ranks will kill us if we flee and disobey them,” he said, showing the message to Mike, gesturing to who it was from. 

“You said, the last time you disobeyed they sent you to the DA. They might do that again, if we don’t go to the rooftop. A certainty is worse than a likelihood.”

Mike froze. His hands opened and closed, opened and closed. Triarchy. Order. The words were like a blow with a hammer, felt like he was being cut open and burnt alive.

"Triarchy."

He whispered. Not Ark, thank whoever was watching or not watching, not Ark. It wasn't Ark. It was the lady. He didn't know her, but that was good. He never wanted to know her. Never ever. She was scary. They all were scary. Everybody. DA, Ghostblood, TUBA. They were all scary. You didn't rise high in a guild without being scary. The young ones like Wes, some were nice though. Stiffly he took out his own device, checked the fastest way.

"We can still try to get away from the two following us. Maybe they can protect us, if we are to head to them."

He showed the path to Wes, his voice shaking. Disobey. No. They couldn't. He would be dead the next time he disobeyed.

"Seom? Do you want to come as well?"

@Sherlock Holmes

Edited by Sorana

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

Mike froze. His hands opened and closed, opened and closed. Triarchy. Order. The words were like a blow with a hammer, felt like he was being cut open and burnt alive.

"Triarchy."

He whispered. Not Ark, thank whoever was watching or not watching, not Ark. It wasn't Ark. It was the lady. He didn't know her, but that was good. He never wanted to know her. Never ever. She was scary. They all were scary. Everybody. DA, Ghostblood, TUBA. They were all scary. You didn't rise high in a guild without being scary. The young ones like Wes, some were nice though. Stiffly he took out his own device, checked the fastest way.

"We can still try to get away from the two following us. Maybe they can protect us, if we are to head to them."

He showed the path to Wes, his voice shaking. Disobey. No. They couldn't. He would be dead the next time he disobeyed.

"Seom? Do you want to come as well?"

@Sherlock Holmes

"Sure thing," Seom said. "That guy is giving me the creeps."

“Lets’s go, then,” Wes said, and now it was him trying to drag Mike and Seom by the hands to the rooftop. He passed by familiar landmarks, all decrepit and ruined now, to show he was going in the right way. He stopped in place when a little red spren appeared in front of him, no bigger than his fingernail. It began to kamikaze around, decaying anything it touched.

Wes yelled and put his hands up to protect himself. It was only a very small spren, but it was scary and Wes didn’t want to be decayed.

Just a little small challenge for our underlings ^_^

On 9/3/2019 at 8:54 AM, Lord Furret said:

As they ran, they passed an old beggar, and the women attacked him and snapped his neck, for seemingly no reason.

Kendul stopped, dumbfounded.

"You- you just murdered an innocent man! What is wrong with you? He didn't even do anything!" He yelled at her.

@RayOfSunshine

She growled, turning around, walking back to the man. She pulled up his sleeve, revealing the knife there.

"He would have killed you."

Just now, RayOfSunshine said:

She growled, turning around, walking back to the man. She pulled up his sleeve, revealing the knife there.

"He would have killed you."

Kendul looked at the knife, eyes wide. "I... " He wanted to keep arguing, but he knew she was right. "Let's just... keep going."

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

“Lets’s go, then,” Wes said, and now it was him trying to drag Mike and Seom by the hands to the rooftop. He passed by familiar landmarks, all decrepit and ruined now, to show he was going in the right way. He stopped in place when a little red spren appeared in front of him, no bigger than his fingernail. It began to kamikaze around, decaying anything it touched.

Wes yelled and put his hands up to protect himself. It was only a very small spren, but it was scary and Wes didn’t want to be decayed.

Mike yelped in surprise, grabbed a stone lying around and threw it at the spren. He missed by at least two hands, and the spren rushed towards him. Fear grabbed his heart and he stared at it, was only save dby the fact, that the spren seemed slightly crazy, that it moved this way and that way, towards him, but taking different ways now and then. With a scream Mike threw himself out of its way, away from Wes or Seom, tried to lure it to him, looked for something to be used as a weapon.

@Sherlock Holmes

Edited by Sorana

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

Mike yelped in surprise, grabbed a stone lying around and threw it at the spren. He missed by at least two hands, and the spren rushed towards him. Fear grabbed his heart and he stared at it, was only save dby the fact, that the spren seemed slightly crazy, that it moved this way and that way, towards him, but taking different ways now and then. With a scream Mike threw himself out of its way, away from Wes or Seom, tried to lure it to him, looked for something to be used as a weapon.

@Sherlock Holmes

"Hi!" Seom called to the spren.

Talost pointed at the ground to the three adults. "Kneel and don't resist. This will all be over soon." Talost's brothers and sisters pushed the three to their knees. Talost turned away, walking towards the front door of the house, his father waiting in the wings to speak with him. 

"You did well. I am proud to have you as the heir to this great lineage. Of all those I could have chosen, you were by far the most obvious choice. Wise, but raised to be ruthless and not hindered by emotions. Talost was always there beneath the calm surface of Silas, and all that was needed was some tampering to bring out... perfection. I am proud of you, but you must stay true to your chosen path. End them without mercy."

Talost nodded, then turned around and walked back to the adults, Shardblade removed from the sheath on his back and now in his right hand. 

"Any last words from you three fools?"

Edited by bees?