Public Opinions  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your experience with Phase 3, The Taste of Death (ToD)?

• Excellent :D
    • Good :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad :(
    • Terrible >:(
    • Didn't participate/No opinion
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4, All Lights Quenched (ALQ)?

3. 3. Overall, have you enjoyed the Rift Saga?

29 minutes ago, Lord Furret said:

He doesn't have metalminds, or any feruchemy.

Sorry, you mentioned copperminds in one of your posts, and I got confused. 

"I'm not sure," Aln replied. "They're pretty far away, but we could get closer. I ask, because I suspect a connection between them and the Dark Phoenix."

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

“Tels. You are a new member, but I think your sand mastery could be helpful. Do you trust yourself to lead some of the soldiers with the heavy weapons, give them a chance to fire?"

Tels gave a grin. “I would do so with pleasure,” he stated simply. “Where would I lead them in proportion to the forcefields?”

@Sorana

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Tels gave a grin. “I would do so with pleasure,” he stated simply. “Where would I lead them in proportion to the forcefields?”

@Sorana

Althea took the map from Max and marked a few good positions.

"Max can contact you as soon as the forcefields are up. You can start by moving them in the general direction, secure the position there."

She handed him a communication device.

"We can stay in contact using that. And I added the codes, that will identify you. Delete the message after you read it. The troops are commanded by Captain Sharpe. He's a good man. Honest, somestimes too open with his opinion, but I doubt you will have problems with him.

Quickly she sent him a message with the map as well.

She nodded towards the figure of Aylitha.

"I will send some troops over to you, to support you for the moment."

Finally she turned to Max.

"Do you have everything you need for the forcefields? We need them asap."

@I think I am here.

@kenod

Feel free to do with that squad of NPCs (around 50) whatever you feel fit. As your enemies are NPCs as well, you can do the same kenod did, state that you kil lthem. For larger things I would tag Ark, that he knows what you are doing. And keep it logical, please. ^_^

@Truthless of Shinovar

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Feel free to do with that squad of NPCs (around 50) whatever you feel fit. As your enemies are NPCs as well, you can do the same kenod did, state that you kil lthem. For larger things I would tag Ark, that he knows what you are doing. And keep it logical, please. ^_^

MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHA, fifty NPCs, mine to do whatever I wish with!!! THE POWER IS MINE!! :P

Just kidding, I’ll probably head over there, RP a battle, and see if Ark retailiates. One question, what are the soldiers abilities/weapons? I’m thinking about controlling just a couple of them, just to make the battle/scuffle more interesting.

Tels nodded, taking the device with a ribbon of sand, tucking it into his pocket. Without a second thought, Tels ran towards the edge of the building and lept. He fell for what felt like an eternity, then at the last possible second, commanded ribbons to cushion his fall. Still hovering in the air, Tels pushed off the ground, and began to use his ribbons of sand to rapidly gain speed and shoot through the city streets. He changed all of his ribbons into enhanced streams of sand, effectively creating a sandstorm of thick ropes of sand flying all around him. He didn’t worry about using all of the sand’s investiture, for the Alleystorm would keep them charged. He also made sure that he had all of his water on him; the battle he was about to fight would require every last drop.

After hurtling through the roads and past civilians, abominations, and everything in between, he finally reached the building where Captain Sharpe and his squadron were at.

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Just kidding, I’ll probably head over there, RP a battle, and see if Ark retailiates. One question, what are the soldiers abilities/weapons? I’m thinking about controlling just a couple of them, just to make the battle/scuffle more interesting.

You can make the details regarding their abilities/ weapons up. I think the captain could have some investiture, the others probably are 'normal' humans.

Pi texted the pictures to Deteca and a few other TUBAists, then sent a description of the situation. “I agree that the tunnels aren’t the safest place to be, though we’re starting to seal the entrances closer to that side of the city. However, where would we evacuate everyone to that could protect them? As you said, it’ll be slow, and his army might get to the other side of Alleycity fast enough to attack before we could get defenses up.” 

"You'll need this too, before you go." Talost had just finished dressing himself in black leather armor, Awakened to hide him and silence his movements, gifted him by his father. Now, Allak held out a long, thin Shardblade. "You haven't been able to bond this yet, so you'll need to keep it close to you at all times." The Blade had long, dark waves running through it, much as if it had been forged from Damascus steel. A smokestone was set in the pommel, beginning the bonding to Talost, which would be completed in a few days. "Do you know your first mission?"

"Yes." Talost replied in the affirmative. "I must hunt down and kill the wife and children of Silas Jostson, and then move on to the same process for his mother."

"Correct. Now go, hunt, and kill, my son."

Talost ran, jumping through the window, glass bouncing off of the off-white carapace spikes now emerging from his body, thick charcoal colored strata running through his once purely tan skin. Small slits had been made in his armor which let more spike ridges peak out, showing the monstrosity of this now 7+ foot tall killer.

@Ax's Boyfriend @Ark's Boyfriend

Ark, you may want to do something involving Ambrosia and the twins. Ax, stay on the lookout.

Aylitha looked at the creatures moving towards her. The larger ones slowly lumbering on two feet, looking strong enough to smash through walls without much effort. Smaller ones ran past them on four feet, jumping forwards, sometimes sprinting small distances on two feet. Ugly claws were visible on their paws, long enough to disembowel a grown man with ease. A hint of a smile touched Aylitha's face. She stood still, waiting. The moss around her pulsated, drawing in closer to her.

The first creature reached the moss. It jumped, diving straight for Aylitha, but as soon as its body crossed the boundary the moss gathered up into a tentacle, spearing straight through it's chest. It dropped down into the moss, twitching. The moss engulfed it, tearing, biting, acid burning through its skin and bones and flesh. Other creatures jumped over it, and more tentacles lashed out to spear them as well. They slowly pushed through them though, corpse by corpse, they edged closer towards Aylitha, until one finally reached her. Its claws slashed through her body, tearing through her flesh, breaking her spine. Tentacles rose between the separated pieces though, stitching them together. Her hand moved at speeds faster than should have been possible, touching the back of the creature's head. Her hand turned black, and tiny tentacles lashed out into its skull, spreading through it spine. At the same time a mass of tentacles rushed forwards from behind her, spearing the rest of the creatures who jumped through the breach. The creature next to her stood still, then turned around, throwing itself at the still approaching creatures. Aylitha started laughing, the sound echoed by thousands of mouths appearing in the moss.

1 hour ago, bees? said:

"You'll need this too, before you go." Talost had just finished dressing himself in black leather armor, Awakened to hide him and silence his movements, gifted him by his father. Now, Allak held out a long, thin Shardblade. "You haven't been able to bond this yet, so you'll need to keep it close to you at all times." The Blade had long, dark waves running through it, much as if it had been forged from Damascus steel. A smokestone was set in the pommel, beginning the bonding to Talost, which would be completed in a few days. "Do you know your first mission?"

"Yes." Talost replied in the affirmative. "I must hunt down and kill the wife and children of Silas Jostson, and then move on to the same process for his mother."

"Correct. Now go, hunt, and kill, my son."

Talost ran, jumping through the window, glass bouncing off of the off-white carapace spikes now emerging from his body, thick charcoal colored strata running through his once purely tan skin. Small slits had been made in his armor which let more spike ridges peak out, showing the monstrosity of this now 7+ foot tall killer.

@Ax's Boyfriend @Ark's Boyfriend

Ambrosia felt something happen. She didn't know what had happened, or where. But she felt suddenly that she was in danger. And so were the twins.

Luckily, she could teleport. She sent a quick text to Tena.

I feel like I'm in danger. Could I come to your house?

@Ark's Boyfriend @bees?

3 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

Ambrosia felt something happen. She didn't know what had happened, or where. But she felt suddenly that she was in danger. And so were the twins. 

Is this just...intuition? 

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

Is this just...intuition? 

I think it was supposed to be, but I'm doing a play on it. 

Light flashed in Talost's eyes as a text was sent on Ambrosia's phone. He was crouching a few feet outside of the window, his armor slightly camouflaging him, hiding him from her sight. He would not attack her yet, for she was on edge. He could tell by the furtive glances and the way she walked. She knew something was wrong. However, Talost could assuage those fears. He just needed to let a little bit of Silas out.

Talas crawled up to the door. Talost was in control, but he was letting a little bit of Silas peek through. Just enough for Ambrosia to see the man she married, and not the monster that was left. Monster? Talost was not a monster. He was a prince, a king. Maybe he was letting too much of Silas come out. Talas dragged himself up to the door, preparing a sob story to tell to his wife. His wife? No, she was just a target. He raised his fist, and knocked.

@RayOfSunshine

Edited by bees?

She jumped, turning.

Oh no oh no oh no.

Ambrosia walked up to the door, looking through the peephole. It was... something. But it seemed familiar... Silas?

She cried out, about to open the door.

Then she remembered their conversation.

"If my master finds me," Silas says, "he will want me to come kill you and the twins."

She knew that wasn't how he had said it exactly. But this could be bad. She stepped back, holding the twins, and put a binky in each mouth. Then she hid them in the cupboard. They were asleep, so hopefully they wouldn't notice.

Then, gripping her gemheart in her pocket, she walked to the door and opened it slowly.

"Silas?"

@bees?

~~~

A helicopter materialized in the air above the roof full of people, cloaking fading.

Ten humanoid shapes dropped out, all fully armored in a dark steel. The armor looked alien, eradicating all human features and replacing it with smooth blankness. All had an aon chain in their hands, and another on their chest. On the back, the same thing as the foot soldiers in the street was emblazoned. Nightshade flowers, and the words Bureau of Villainy.

They raised their hands, and the largest stepped forward.

It was the only one distinguishable from the rest, a full head and shoulders taller, and with the symbol of the lightweavers emblazoned on it's right shoulder.

"Surrender peacefully, and some of you may survive. The rest will be executed quickly."

It had a robotic voice, no inflection, no sign of an accent, nothing distinguishing it uniquely.

@kenod @I think I am here. @Truthless of Shinovar @Sorana @Silva @Rushu42 @Anyone else on the roof

9 minutes ago, RayOfSunshine said:

A helicopter materialized in the air above the roof full of people, cloaking fading.

Ten humanoid shapes dropped out, all fully armored in a dark steel. The armor looked alien, eradicating all human features and replacing it with smooth blankness. All had an aon chain in their hands, and another on their chest. On the back, the same thing as the foot soldiers in the street was emblazoned. Nightshade flowers, and the words Bureau of Villainy.

It was the only one distinguishable from the rest, a full head and shoulders taller, and with the symbol of the lightweavers emblazoned on it's right shoulder.

"Surrender peacefully, and some of you may survive. The rest will be executed quickly."

It had a robotic voice, no inflection, no sign of an accent, nothing distinguishing it uniquely.

"Really?" Aylitha muttered, annoyed at the latest distraction. She looked around. Just disappearing would be the easiest. She didn't like people who threatened her though. People like them, they should be torn apart, acid injected into their veins, nerves ripped out of them. People like them should learn their place in the world. She checked the mass available at her other self. She could do with a bit less for a while, if she got low she could always use the insects, and she had enough bodies being digested to make up for the difference shortly.

She walked towards the men, smiling. "Well well, execute us, you say? Why don't you try? It might take you a while though, dying generally is somewhat... difficult for me." She paused in front of them, a thin black film spreading out across the roof from her feet.

@RayOfSunshine

It stood still.

"Is that a final decision?"

The aons on it's hands, along with the aons on it's chest, glowed slightly as it spoke. The lightweaver glyph shimmered, like the air above a street on a hot day.

All around it, the other armored forms stepped to the sides, each raising their arms toward two targets on the rooftop.

"I warn you, we are the second most elite hazeslayers of the Bureau of Villainy."

The Lightweaver glyph went red.

1 minute ago, RayOfSunshine said:

It stood still.

"Is that a final decision?"

The aons on it's hands, along with the aons on it's chest, glowed slightly as it spoke. The lightweaver glyph shimmered, like the air above a street on a hot day.

All around it, the other armored forms stepped to the sides, each raising their arms toward two targets on the rooftop.

"I warn you, we are the second most elite hazeslayers of the Bureau of Villainy."

The Lightweaver glyph went red.

Aylitha smiled. "Well," she said, "I'm not sure about the rest of them, but it is for me." She let out a giggle. "And I warn you, I am one of the DA's department heads." At that moment ten tentacles lashed upwards from the black filth around her, shooting towards the helicopter, aiming for the engines. At the same time the filth's growth accelerated, spreading to cover the entire roof.

2 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

She jumped, turning.

Oh no oh no oh no.

Ambrosia walked up to the door, looking through the peephole. It was... something. But it seemed familiar... Silas?

She cried out, about to open the door.

Then she remembered their conversation.

"If my master finds me," Silas says, "he will want me to come kill you and the twins."

She knew that wasn't how he had said it exactly. But this could be bad. She stepped back, holding the twins, and put a binky in each mouth. Then she hid them in the cupboard. They were asleep, so hopefully they wouldn't notice.

Then, gripping her gemheart in her pocket, she walked to the door and opened it slowly.

"Silas?"

@bees?

~~~

@kenod @I think I am here. @Truthless of Shinovar @Sorana @Silva @Rushu42 @Anyone else on the roof

Aln raised her hands, stepping back. "Please let me leave. I have no part in this conflict. I'm just a scholar." Her conscience twisted at her for abandoning the others (or trying to), but she didn't know what else to do. She would be useless in a fight, and besides, she had sworn not to take sides. Still, as she watched the others prepare to fight, something within her wished that she could join them.

1 hour ago, kenod said:

Aylitha smiled. "Well," she said, "I'm not sure about the rest of them, but it is for me." She let out a giggle. "And I warn you, I am one of the DA's department heads." At that moment ten tentacles lashed upwards from the black filth around her, shooting towards the helicopter, aiming for the engines. At the same time the filth's growth accelerated, spreading to cover the entire roof.

The helicopter shimmered again, disappearing.

It remained still as the filth got near, then suddenly, it touched it's waist. A low pulse went out over the ground, a light green  glow. It pulsed again and again, and every time the filth touched it, it was repelled.

The others all did the same.

20 minutes ago, Lord Furret said:

Kendul looked at the Hazekillers. "Like hell I'm going to be taken captive by the likes of you," He responded, and directed several of his Sand Ribbons to grab and attack the Hazekillers.

@RayOfSunshine

One stepped forward, slowly, step by step, the green pulse moving with it. The filth fell back in behind it, and was repelled as it walked forward.

The Aon chain on it's left hand glowed brightly, and the sand was all blasted backward in a second.

It approached the man with the sand, and it's hand shot out, grabbing for the man's neck.

4 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln raised her hands, stepping back. "Please let me leave. I have no part in this conflict. I'm just a scholar." Her conscience twisted at her for abandoning the others (or trying to), but she didn't know what else to do. She would be useless in a fight, and besides, she had sworn not to take sides. Still, as she watched the others prepare to fight, something within her wished that she could join them.

It turned it's head slowly.

"Then surrender. You will be spared if this is true."

It raised it's right hand.

"If you try to escape..."

The aons pulsed warningly.

Ok, time to explain the powerset to you guys.

The leader is most powerful, but considering how many of you there is, and how powerful, it seems fairly reasonable to me.

The leader is not a lightweaver. The leader has the surges of a lightweaver spiked in. So no stormlight healing, and weaker than the regular lightweaver.

Leader: Spiked: Illumination, transformation, A-copper, A-Pewter Natural: A-Chromium Aon chain 1 (left): Concentrated blast of fire, inch in diameter. Extremely hot, would melt steel in seconds. Aon chain 2 (right): Freezes the muscles of the body Aon chain 3 (chest): Creates a field of silence, forty feet in radius, that nobody can speak within Other: Concussion field, can be used as a ground cover, a sphere, or a concentrated shot. Needs a half second of recharge. Poisoned blades that slide out of hands.

Grunts: Concussion field, can be used as a ground cover or a sphere, needs a second to recharge. Sword attached to back.

Grunt 1: Aon chain 1: Shield of glowing light (Aon Edo shield) connected to hand, invincible Aon Chain 2: Five rapid blasts of Aon Daa Aon chain 3: Flashing light surrounds body, making it hard to look at it

Grunt 2: Aon chain 1: Aon Daa blast, 3 seconds Aon Chain 2: Massive blast of fire Aon chain 3: Creates shields all around for 3 seconds

Grunt 3: Aon chain 1: Slowly drains water from targets body, can kill in thirty seconds Aon Chain 2: Teleports target up 10 feet into the air Aon chain 3: heats the air surrounded the grunt to painfully high levels

Grunt 4: Aon chain 1: Fires three foot diameter burst of air that hits targets with the force of a cannon shot Aon Chain 2: Three massive Aon Daa blasts, quarter second delay Aon chain 3: Makes grunt impossible to push or move at all.

Per, you're fighting Grunt 3.

3 minutes ago, RayOfSunshine said:

It turned it's head slowly.

"Then surrender. You will be spared if this is true."

It raised it's right hand.

"If you try to escape..."

The aons pulsed warningly.

"What happens if I surrender?" Aln asked nervously. She could see the others fighting out of the corners of her eyes. Can I count on them winning? She asked herself. Maybe. Of course, I have no way to gauge the abilities of either side. My best hope is to stay out of the fighting. Disguising the motion as a cough, she slipped an infused ruby from her sleeve into her mouth.

Aylitha made an annoyed sound when the helicopter disappeared. "Should have had Eldritch here," she muttered. She watched the sand someone else used get repelled by a force blast. "Oh well," she muttered, and rushed in towards the leader. Her right hand turned into a mass of tentacles, reshaping into a black knife, stabbing towards the leader. Other tentacles rose from the filth, lashing out at the grunts.

Quick note, Aylitha moves quite a lot faster than humans can. She doesn't have speedster level speeds, but she should be able to reach 30 mph, as well as having enhanced reflexes.

I know Voidus can’t RP his characters as he’s waiting until he feels better, but if one of the others wants to continue from the last bit of RP in the alley... 

@Fatebreaker@MacThorstenson@ZincAboutIt (Even though you’re unconscious I figured I’d tag you) 

Edited by AonEne
Oh yeah isn’t Mac gone rn? Well, if Fate wants to RP :P

7 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

"What happens if I surrender?" Aln asked nervously. She could see the others fighting out of the corners of her eyes. Can I count on them winning? She asked herself. Maybe. Of course, I have no way to gauge the abilities of either side. My best hope is to stay out of the fighting. Disguising the motion as a cough, she slipped an infused ruby from her sleeve into her mouth.

The Leader gestured with it's hand, and Grunt #2 stepped forward and grabbed her arm.

6 minutes ago, kenod said:

Aylitha made an annoyed sound when the helicopter disappeared. "Should have had Eldritch here," she muttered. She watched the sand someone else used get repelled by a force blast. "Oh well," she muttered, and rushed in towards the leader. Her right hand turned into a mass of tentacles, reshaping into a black knife, stabbing towards the leader. Other tentacles rose from the filth, lashing out at the grunts.

The armor absorbed the hit, a small crack appearing where it hit. He reached out superhumanly fast, grabbing Aylitha's wrist. Then he activated his chromium. He was burning pewter, and his grip was unnaturally strong.

18 minutes ago, RayOfSunshine said:

The Leader gestured with it's hand, and Grunt #2 stepped forward and grabbed her arm.

Aln coughed, fighting the urge to resist his grasp, and spit out the ruby. "There," she said. "I'm unarmed, I promise. And.." she hesitated. "I surrender. What happens now?"

Just now, Rushu42 said:

Aln coughed, fighting the urge to resist his grasp, and spit out the ruby. "There," she said. "I'm unarmed, I promise. And.." she hesitated. "I surrender. What happens now?"

It moved back to the edge of the rooftop silently.

The helicopter materialized behind him, and he threw her to a waiting footsoldier.

The helicopter disappeared again.

The footsoldier grinned slightly, cracks on his face visible.

"I'm John. I'm gonna take you to our bunker."

He stuck out his hand.