6 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

"Did you hear or see anything interesting while I was gone?" Lita quietly asked Okame, who was as still as a statue beside her. "Perhaps some food? Honestly, the menu was inside the invitation. You can't tease someone like that, it isn't right." @Invocation

"Everything is interesting here to me, so you will have to be much more specific than that. I will not eat here, though, to maintain my illusion that you might have actual good food here, rather than risk a sullying of my palate."

@ZincAboutIt

5 hours ago, Vargo Seldon said:

Necromancer shrugged, and returned to a seat by the wall, waiting for the receptionist to return.

Galvris was about to follow Ciera, but something caught his eye.  He walked over to two people, and to his surprise, he recognized them.  "Alask?  Nekorb?  Didn't I see you both at the forge?  All those years ago?"

@I think I am here.

@xinoehp512

Nekorb turned. "Yeah, I think I remember you. What brings you here?"

8 hours ago, Vargo Seldon said:

Galvris was about to follow Ciera, but something caught his eye.  He walked over to two people, and to his surprise, he recognized them.  "Alask?  Nekorb?  Didn't I see you both at the forge?  All those years ago?"

“Galvris!” Alask exclaimed, looking to Nekorb as well. “I have to say, it’s great meeting you again, but, there’s bad news.”

“After the Union meeting Laonin dissapeared. And now, there’s only Amon and me to run the Forge and even now we’re slipping by. Sure, we fixed buildings but our territory of safety is shrinking. New gangs are coming.”

He put a hand to his head. “Some teenagers wanted to continue his work, made a deal with me and Amon but who knows if they kept it.”

[-]

The Haunt flew over the heads at the welcoming party, hovering, quiet. Dust began to float upwards and upwards, curling around his invisible figure to make a visible outline. Like a Mist Spirit made of dust, floating above the crowd, hovering there.

23 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

"Okay," Dusk shrugged. He hadn't brought any of his over one trillion chrysts, but he assumed everything would be free.

Sein Valn smiled. "Okay." He drew his knife,

Then stabbed it into his shoulder.

He took in a deep breath of pleasure as his allomancy returned. He smiled and dug with his one arm into his coin pouch. He pulled out one dirty one. It wouldn't be around much longer. Now came the hard part. He searched within himself, frantically digging for the spark. The spark that manifested a while back. Where is it? He thought. Then he... saw it. It was strange and inexplicable. He pulled it and directed it into the coin which began to emanate a similar energy. Sein Valn smiled and pushed on the coin which flew into the wall. When it made contact, the wall disintegrated to ash leaving a 6 foot hole. Sein Valn stood back, proud. 

Lena observed Lita walk away and grabbed something to drink herself. She walked around the room, looked who was there, searched for any familiar faces. Nobody. With a sigh she sipped her drink and then froze. There, she knew that guy. And the one next to him as well. Walking over to them she started grinning, tried unsuccessfully to hide her discomfort. Alask, should he ever choose to work against her, he had her easily in his hand. Better to be polite then.

"Hey Alask, Nekorb. I hope you are alright?"

She greeted them, waved in what hopefully was a cheerful way.

@I think I am here.

@xinoehp512

2 minutes ago, Sorana said:

“Hey Alask, Nekorb. I hope you are alright?"

She greeted them, waved in what hopefully was a cheerful way.

Alask turned and saw Lena waving at him, asking if he was alright.

“Oh, yeah, definitely,” he said, his foot moving back only slightly. Had it been a year since he had last met her? On their heist, when she’d given him that paralytic along with his share of the money. A full year. He smiled thinly. “It seems like there’s a lot of reunions going on, don’t you think?”

With a couple words, she would be able to reveal him as a Shade. And if that didn’t already scare what friends he had off, he was sure the criminal area around the Forge would be in glee to hear the identity of the Shade terrorising them. Alask sipped some water and tried a smile. Lena smiled too, bunt Alask had experience with that, when she became cold and the smile dropped.

“How’ve you been this past year?”

1 minute ago, I think I am here. said:

Alask turned and saw Lena waving at him, asking if he was alright.

“Oh, yeah, definitely,” he said, his foot moving back only slightly. Had it been a year since he had last met her? On their heist, when she’d given him that paralytic along with his share of the money. A full year. He smiled thinly. “It seems like there’s a lot of reunions going on, don’t you think?”

With a couple words, she would be able to reveal him as a Shade. And if that didn’t already scare what friends he had off, he was sure the criminal area around the Forge would be in glee to hear the identity of the Shade terrorising them. Alask sipped some water and tried a smile. Lena smiled too, bunt Alask had experience with that, when she became cold and the smile dropped.

“How’ve you been this past year?”

"Well, I don't know about the rest, but we haven't seen each other in a year."

She kept her smile, silently hoping, that he remembered their bargain. It had been stupid to tell him about her son. If he found him, if he convinced her son, that what she did was bad - she would do anything if it made her little man happy. Or worse if he threatened him. Just like Seb had.

"My year was terrible, awfull."

She replied bluntly to his other question and then forced a laugh.

"But the guy got himself killed, so I guess I was lucky in that regard."

4 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Well, I don't know about the rest, but we haven't seen each other in a year."

She kept her smile, silently hoping, that he remembered their bargain. It had been stupid to tell him about her son. If he found him, if he convinced her son, that what she did was bad - she would do anything if it made her little man happy. Or worse if he threatened him. Just like Seb had.

"My year was terrible, awfull."

She replied bluntly to his other question and then forced a laugh.

"But the guy got himself killed, so I guess I was lucky in that regard."

Alask nodded, and then remembered he had his own information. Her son. Back outside Alleyzon, where she’d shown him the photograph. And then it made sense. It was like a mutually assured destruction if one told the other’s secret.

She spoke about some guy who’d gotten himself killed by making her year horrible. “Did you...” he gestured his hands vaguely to imitate drinking something. “You know?” Poison him?

Edited by I think I am here.

10 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Alask nodded, and then remembered he had his own information. Her son. Back outside Alleyzon, where she’d shown him the photograph. And then it made sense. It was like a mutually assured destruction if one told the other’s secret.

She spoke about some guy who’d gotten himself killed by making her year horrible. “Did you...” he gestured his hands vaguely to imitate drinking something. “You know?” Poison him?

"No. He blackmailed me."

She made a vague gesture with her hand.

"You know with what. I couldn't have done something against him."

"But if you need something...?"

23 hours ago, Invocation said:

"Everything is interesting here to me, so you will have to be much more specific than that. I will not eat here, though, to maintain my illusion that you might have actual good food here, rather than risk a sullying of my palate."

@ZincAboutIt

Lita looked at him flatly, then sighed. "Suit yourself, but I certainly won't be carrying you back if you happen to faint from hunger."

She turned back toward the party, watching guests and reading their lips as they spoke, twirling her pen and recording anything that sounded interesting or important. To her left, Laurelai watched in a similar silence, left hand encased in a sleeve. The woman looked quite fetching in the blue gown, with all that silver on it. Lita amused herself for a moment imagining what would happen to someone who tried to flirt with her.

"This is quite the lavish event," Lita said to her in a low voice. "Yet our hosts - whoever they really are - have reached out to plenty here for more funding. What could they possibly be trying to bankroll?"

@Voidus

19 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nekorb turned. "Yeah, I think I remember you. What brings you here?"

Galvris smiled in a little bit of an embarrassed way.  "Well," he started out, "At the Den of Thieves, I was severed, and Ciera––" he gestured to Ciera, "Healed me, but also made me a warder.  So I sort of have to do whatever she says."

16 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“Galvris!” Alask exclaimed, looking to Nekorb as well. “I have to say, it’s great meeting you again, but, there’s bad news.”

“After the Union meeting Laonin dissapeared. And now, there’s only Amon and me to run the Forge and even now we’re slipping by. Sure, we fixed buildings but our territory of safety is shrinking. New gangs are coming.”

He put a hand to his head. “Some teenagers wanted to continue his work, made a deal with me and Amon but who knows if they kept it.”

[-]

The Haunt flew over the heads at the welcoming party, hovering, quiet. Dust began to float upwards and upwards, curling around his invisible figure to make a visible outline. Like a Mist Spirit made of dust, floating above the crowd, hovering there.

Galvris listened intently to the problems with the forge, and grimaced when Alask finished.  "Maybe I could come and help, if Ciera would permit me."  He looked hopefully to Ciera, then addressed her, "We could probably actually go there.  We have no mission at the moment.  It would be for the good of Alleycity."

@I think I am here.

@xinoehp512

@Dr. Dapper

——

The receptionist had wandered away again, but Necromancer was tired of waiting.  He decided to take a little look around.  He went behind the desk, and walked hallways until he came to an elevator.  He pressed the button.  The doors opened to reveal... a completely normal elevator.  He stepped in, and looked at the extensive number of buttons.  He tentatively pressed the top button, and the elevator went up.  Listening to slightly formulaic elevator music, he saw it go up past the first seven floors.  You would think a rich powerful new company would have rich powerful elevator music.  He wasn't disappointed past that though, as gothic heavy metal began playing.  It was also formulaic, but in a different way.  Finally, the elevator reached the top floor.  The door opened, and Necromancer gasped at what he saw...

Your choice on what he sees ark.

@Ark1002

15 minutes ago, Vargo Seldon said:

Galvris smiled in a little bit of an embarrassed way.  "Well," he started out, "At the Den of Thieves, I was severed, and Ciera––" he gestured to Ciera, "Healed me, but also made me a warder.  So I sort of have to do whatever she says."

Galvris listened intently to the problems with the forge, and grimaced when Alask finished.  "Maybe I could come and help, if Ciera would permit me."  He looked hopefully to Ciera, then addressed her, "We could probably actually go there.  We have no mission at the moment.  It would be for the good of Alleycity."

@I think I am here.

@xinoehp512

@Dr. Dapper

——

The receptionist had wandered away again, but Necromancer was tired of waiting.  He decided to take a little look around.  He went behind the desk, and walked hallways until he came to an elevator.  He pressed the button.  The doors opened to reveal... a completely normal elevator.  He stepped in, and looked at the extensive number of buttons.  He tentatively pressed the top button, and the elevator went up.  Listening to slightly formulaic elevator music, he saw it go up past the first seven floors.  You would think a rich powerful new company would have rich powerful elevator music.  He wasn't disappointed past that though, as gothic heavy metal began playing.  It was also formulaic, but in a different way.  Finally, the elevator reached the top floor.  The door opened, and Necromancer gasped at what he saw...

@Ark1002

"I don't know... this is important, I think." she sighed. The Alleycity needed to be rebuilt, and Harmony knew the government wouldn't get to it anytime soon. The Forge was the only group that had made progress. The union talked big but hadn't actually done anything as of yet. But perhaps it could. She removed a small aluminum plate from her pocket and handed it to Galvris,

"Give this to your friends. Tell them to call the number on it. Dwig probably doesn't have anything better to do."

1 hour ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Lita looked at him flatly, then sighed. "Suit yourself, but I certainly won't be carrying you back if you happen to faint from hunger."

"Faint? From hunger? You mistake me - I brought my own food." Okame pulls a chouta from the inner pocket of his robe and begins munching. "Anyway, why is there a...spren, maybe... that looks like dust hanging above everyone? Is that normal?"

On 3/30/2019 at 1:51 PM, JacobClaessen said:

Allak continued talking on the phone.

@Ark1002

The door opened with a ding. She stepped out.

4 hours ago, Vargo Seldon said:

@I think I am here.

@xinoehp512

@Dr. Dapper

——

@Ark1002

A hallway. Full of normal elevators.

Then three hundred darts, full of poison, to paralyze and put him to sleep, hit from every conceivable direction.

4 hours ago, Invocation said:

"Faint? From hunger? You mistake me - I brought my own food." Okame pulls a chouta from the inner pocket of his robe and begins munching. "Anyway, why is there a...spren, maybe... that looks like dust hanging above everyone? Is that normal?"

“How in the —“ Lita stopped, her mind registering his second comment. She looked up, tin letting her see the faint outline of...something hanging above everyone’s head. It seemed to be covered in dust. 

Or, she thought, revealed by it.

”No,” she said to Okame, quickly relaying an Alleycant message describing the thing. “That is definitely not normal. I know your spren isn’t exactly keen on playing lookout, but is there any way she can get a better look at whatever that is?” 

@Invocation

10 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

”No,” she said to Okame, quickly relaying an Alleycant message describing the thing. “That is definitely not normal. I know your spren isn’t exactly keen on playing lookout, but is there any way she can get a better look at whatever that is?” 

"She is the only reason I knew it was there in the first place. She noticed it on her own and slipped away to check it out, drawing my attention."

@ZincAboutIt