AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Draug shot down the street towards the Radiant house, Lashed as hard as he dared. He'd managed to deal with two of the Voidbringers, but one had taken off earlier to chase Doc, Cassie, and Jamie. He was pretty sure they could deal with one Voidbringer, but he was still worried. He was supposed to be protecting these people, after all.

As he approached the house, he saw the car they'd taken in the driveway. That was a good sign. As he got even closer, he saw Jamie and Cassie in the backyard, and felt the tension inside of him relax.
He landed on the rooftop overlooking the backyard and waved at the pair. "Hello! Did you get home okay?" he called down.

Xino, don't hate me, I'm gonna converse uninterrupted with Jamie for just a bit before noticing Draug.

I smiled a little. "Sorry about that. Most of them are around fifteen or sixteen, and new Investiture is a novelty. Besides, they didn't know we were running from Voidbringers. Speaking of which...this pewter burning you can do, are the effects permanent? I mean, when you got home you seemed pretty tired, and I assume you would've wanted to be stronger if you knew monsters were coming for you." I glanced down, then back up. "Er, if that's not a personal question or anything?"

4 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

After Ben had left, Rob had drifted to sleep. He had awoken ten minutes before he heard someone’s knock.

“Come in,” He said, tiredly sitting up on his mattress, leaning against the wall, keeping his face impassive.”

Shana opened the door and stepped into the room.

"Hey Rob."

She greeted him and looked around his room in surprise. It was bare, boring.

"How can you...?"

She started and then shook her head, this was the worst way to start this conversation. Slowly she walked over to his matress and sat down next to it, leaned against the wall. Sitting was better. The few steps from her room to his had never seemed so far before.

"How are you?"

21 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I smiled a little. "Sorry about that. Most of them are around fifteen or sixteen, and new Investiture is a novelty. Besides, they didn't know we were running from Voidbringers. Speaking of which...this pewter burning you can do, are the effects permanent? I mean, when you got home you seemed pretty tired, and I assume you would've wanted to be stronger if you knew monsters were coming for you." I glanced down, then back up. "Er, if that's not a personal question or anything?"

"Well, the metal doesn't last forever. Some burn quicker than others. Pewter burns fairly quickly, so I carry quite a bit." Jamie said, then shrugged, "Burning too much can be very bad, 'cause you don't notice pain or exhaustion until it's fatal."

Just now, I think I am here. said:

“Good,” Rob said. “Ben asked me the same thing.” He looked to her. “Did Ben pass on my message to you?”

Shana blushed, she should have talked to Ben before going here. Rash just as earlier. Stupid, stupid Shana.

"I'm sorry. I was asleep, and..."

"Rob I'm sorry. I can't tell you how sorry. Please, you'll be alright won't you?"

She was unable to cover the desperation, the guilt leaking into her voice.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

"Well, the metal doesn't last forever. Some burn quicker than others. Pewter burns fairly quickly, so I carry quite a bit." Jamie said, then shrugged, "Burning too much can be very bad, 'cause you don't notice pain or exhaustion until it's fatal."

I frowned. "That's not good. You're okay, right?"

Oof, Sorana. This whole ongoing minor subplot thing with her and Ben and Rob makes me sad. :P

Oh no, I agree; not sure how the gender plays into it, but I agree. It just makes me sad because it is sad, and because all the characters are sad. But I feel sad in a good, reader-way. If that makes any sense.

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

I frowned. "That's not good. You're okay, right?"

"Oh yeah," Jamie grinned, "I know not to overburn my metal. It's something I learned from a dear friend. Don't flare your metal constantly, even during a fight. Flare means to burn the metal more, and get more out of it."

8 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana blushed, she should have talked to Ben before going here. Rash just as earlier. Stupid, stupid Shana.

"I'm sorry. I was asleep, and..."

"Rob I'm sorry. I can't tell you how sorry. Please, you'll be alright won't you?"

She was unable to cover the desperation, the guilt leaking into her voice.

Rob paused. Emotions. Thinking he moved an open palm to the place where the burns had been, where they had spread from to all over his body. Now, of course, it had all been healed.

“I’ll be alright,” he said, looking to her. His face was impassive but his eyes still showed a sadness.

“You shouldn’t feel sorry. was the one who said you could go full out. And you still can. It was just, I pushed you so hard to use that division, throws, stabs...” he looked down. “I backed you into a corner, where the only way out was doing what you did. It’s not your fault.” He realised his sketchbook was clearly visible and he snatched it away.

“What I told Ben to tell you was that was sorry. The way I fought, that was uncalled for.” He stopped. “But that’s enough emotions for now. Are we still doing that party?”

31 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Rob paused. Emotions. Thinking he moved an open palm to the place where the burns had been, where they had spread from to all over his body. Now, of course, it had all been healed.

“I’ll be alright,” he said, looking to her. His face was impassive but his eyes still showed a sadness.

“You shouldn’t feel sorry. was the one who said you could go full out. And you still can. It was just, I pushed you so hard to use that division, throws, stabs...” he looked down. “I backed you into a corner, where the only way out was doing what you did. It’s not your fault.” He realised his sketchbook was clearly visible and he snatched it away.

“What I told Ben to tell you was that was sorry. The way I fought, that was uncalled for.” He stopped. “But that’s enough emotions for now. Are we still doing that party?”

He snatched his sketchbook away, but she saw the flames he'd drawn and felt sick.

"I don't know."

Shana forced herself to laugh.

"I've been asleep. I'm not sure I'll be able to stand long enough anyway."

She wanted to tell him, that it wasn't his fault, that if she was allowed to go full out, then he was as well, that she'd never ever do this again, that she wasn't angry or anything, that she wished they could stay friends despite what happened, that she trusted him. But the way he had switched the topic, showed clearly, that he didn't want to talk about it and so she swallowed the words, stayed silent.

"I guess I should go."

She said instead and tried to summon the strength to get up again.

3 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"I guess I should go."

She said instead and tried to summon the strength to get up again.

“Me too,” Rob said, standing and leaning against the wall. “It would probably be good for me to walk around, recover, instead of spending my time in my room.” He listened, and it sounded like the others were talking about something downstairs.

He looked to her. “Are you going to go back to your room?” She’d said she didn’t know if she’d be able to stand for long, that made Rob feel worse. He could at least stand. He needed something to lean on, but still.

6 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He looked to her. “Are you going to go back to your room?” She’d said she didn’t know if she’d be able to stand for long, that made Rob feel worse. He could at least stand. He needed something to lean on, but still.

Shana looked up at him and shook her head.

"I wanted to go downstairs."

Slowly she got to her feet, used the wall for support. Her legs shook slightly, but she hoped he wouldn't notice, or at least not comment on it.

"Rob."

She started and then simply spoke, hoped her words weren't utterly wrong.

"You don't need to stand alone. I'll stand by your side. And if you ever need to talk or to not-talk to someone. I'm here."

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Shana looked up at him and shook her head.

"I wanted to go downstairs."

Slowly she got to her feet, used the wall for support. Her legs shook slightly, but she hoped he wouldn't notice, or at least not comment on it.

"Rob."

She started and then simply spoke, hoped her words weren't utterly wrong.

"You don't need to stand alone. I'll stand by your side. And if you ever need to talk or to not-talk to someone. I'm here."

Rob froze, looking to her. If he ever needed to talk to someone, she said she was there. To help him? Today had been a weird day. People asking how he was, people offering themselves if he needed to talk to someone, compliments. But he needed to make sure, not to give in to everything. Like his father taught him, a real man didn’t need others. Right?

But still, it was nice.

“I... appreciate it,” Rob said. “No one has ever said that to me before.”

He looked at her leaning against the wall, like he was, but his legs weren’t shaking like hers. “Are you sure you’ll be able to go down the stairs?” He asked, moving to the doorway of his room.