AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

Ruby pulled on her shoes, hopping down the stairs as she did so. She was excited to spar. No one really ever asked her if she wanted to do anything. It was partially her own fault as she didn't talk to people very often, but it was always nice to feel a little bit included. She dashed across the floor to grab a jacket, but before she did so, she passed the sliding glass door. They were already going at each other out there. She sighed. Apparently they didn't want to spar with her after all. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

2 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Kay, so let's say she does see that. She'll make 7 which would make her the odd one out. Plus, all she knows is that they've already started. And there's a part of her that tells her to give up a lot of times. 

It's alright, Pearl said. She didn't talk very often. Doc had said that was odd for an honorspren, but Ruby didn't really care. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

Shana saw him move towards her, aim for her legs. She sidestepped the attack, it was straight forward and easy to see, but it still left him close enough to she would have a hard time with her long weapon. Moving backwards she tried to get away from him again, stabbed at him with one end of her two-bladed staff.

@I think I am here.

=================

15 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana saw him move towards her, aim for her legs. She sidestepped the attack, it was straight forward and easy to see, but it still left him close enough to she would have a hard time with her long weapon. Moving backwards she tried to get away from him again, stabbed at him with one end of her two-bladed staff.

@I think I am here.

=================

4 minutes ago, Emperor Stick said:

Once we get into the school stuff, will humans just be NPCs?

I guess so.

Rob barely moved to the side, the stab creating a large cut along the length of his right arm. Reaching out he tried grabbing the not sharp portion of the weapon, attempting to melt it by reducing its inner cohesion.

18 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Rob barely moved to the side, the stab creating a large cut along the length of his right arm. Reaching out he tried grabbing the not sharp portion of the weapon, attempting to melt it by reducing its inner cohesion.

Doc... Rob ruined my weapon... :rolleyes:

Shana let the remains of her weapon fall to the floor, where they rested in a sad puddle. She'd liked that weapon. Without hesitating she lifted her leg and kicked at his stomach.

Edited by Sorana

26 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana let the remains of her weapon fall to the floor, where they rested in a sad puddle. She'd liked that weapon. Without hesitating she lifted her leg and kicked at his stomach.

Rob was unprepared for the kick and he doubled over, stepping back, but not before scooping the liquid metal part of the weapon. Stepping back, he tried moulding it and solidifying it, throwing out multiple small, sharp pieces of metal out at her. Bracing himself he turned the ground behind him to liquid as well.

34 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Rob was unprepared for the kick and he doubled over, stepping back, but not before scooping the liquid metal part of the weapon. Stepping back, he tried moulding it and solidifying it, throwing out multiple small, sharp pieces of metal out at her. Bracing himself he turned the ground behind him to liquid as well.

Shana raised her arms to protect her face and jumped to the side, the bits and pieces of the metal bitting into her skin, cutting it open. She looked over at Luther and then slicked her arms, before rushing at Rob, her fist aiming for his face. Hopefully the stornlight would make it harder for him to get a grip on her.

2 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana raised her arms to protect her face and jumped to the side, the bits and pieces of the metal bitting into her skin, cutting it open. She looked over at Luther and then slicked her arms, before rushing at Rob, her fist aiming for his face. Hopefully the stornlight would make it harder for him to get a grip on her.

She was taking a straight punch, this would be easy to block. Moving to redirect her hand, Rob’s grip slipped off the slick before it could grab anything and Rob was hit in the face. That would leave a mark.

Grunting he fell backwards, but since he’d turned the ground behind him to liquid (see previous post) the fall itself didn’t do any damage. Instead, as he fell into the liquid, he submerged himself and quickly jumped out, and any liquid that coated his clothes and body he solidified immediately to make a rock armour, which he further reinforced with Tension. With this and another breath of stormlight Rob leapt towards Shana with newfound speed and attempted a football tackle to the ground.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

She was taking a straight punch, this would be easy to block. Moving to redirect her hand, Rob’s grip slipped off the slick before it could grab anything and Rob was hit in the face. That would leave a mark.

Grunting he fell backwards, but since he’d turned the ground behind him to liquid (see previous post) the fall itself didn’t do any damage. Instead, as he fell into the liquid, he submerged himself and quickly jumped out, and any liquid that coated his clothes and body he solidified immediately to make a rock armour, which he further reinforced with Tension. With this and another breath of stormlight Rob leapt towards Shana with newfound speed and attempted a football tackle to the ground.

Rob leapt towards her and she attempted to evade him, but her foot didn't touch the ground when she expected  and she lost her balance - she had forgotten to retrieve her shoe.

Rob slamed into her and she gasped in pain when he whisked her off her feet to the ground. He was heavy, and the stone covering his body only made him heavier. For a moment she wondered how he was able to move with all that rock around him, then discarded that thought.

Pressing her hands against his body she slickened her whole body with stormlight and tried to push herself out of his grip, grimacing when she realized that she had probably broken a rib or two.

Is he like 100% covered with stone?

Edited by Sorana

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

Pressing her hands against his body she slickened her whole body with stormlight and tried to push herself out of his grip, grimacing when she realized that she had probably broken a rib or two.

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

Is he like 100% covered with stone?

No, his torso and back are and there are large plates of it covering most of his arms and legs, but there are pretty large gaps near the joints and his face is completely uncovered.

She was in his grip one moment, but soon there was nothing beneath Rob as she slipped out of his tackle. Groaning he made an effort to stand himself up again, it was hard with all the rock, but he managed. Slowly he looked around for her, reaching his left hand to some of the rock that had attached itself to his right forearm. Grabbing onto it he moulded it, made it longer, and thinner. Rob was inexperienced with creating shapes, but he at least new this.

Fashioning the forearm rock into something akin to a long blade that extended past his palm, Rob did the same with the other forearm and raised his arms in a defensive manoeuvre. He doubted he would get much momentum behind his swings due to the weight, but the weight would be an advantage if he stabbed her.

Edited by I think I am here.

50 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

behind

Shana slipped out of his grip and hastily got to her feet again. She pressed a hand against her side, stood slightly bent over to ease the pain, then forced herself to straighten while he slowly got to his feet. She inhaled more stormlight, glad for its rage, for the way it urged her on, despite the pain.

Rob moved slowly, his body heavy because of the stone. She knelt down pressed her hand against the ground. There was no way she could take him directly, he was stronger, had armor and he was working on two weapons as well. A grim smile spread on her lips as she ripped the laces of her sole shoe apart to be able to step out of quickly, then she concentrated on the ground beneath Rob's feet, turned it to dust. Without waiting for his reaction she jumped at him, if she managed to catch him off balance she might be able to throw him back down.

10 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana slipped out of his grip and hastily got to her feet again. She pressed a hand against her side, stood slightly bent over to ease the pain, then forced herself to straighten while he slowly got to his feet. She inhaled more stormlight, glad for its rage, for the way it urged her on, despite the pain.

Rob moved slowly, his body heavy because of the stone. She knelt down pressed her hand against the ground. There was no way she could take him directly, he was stronger, had armor and he was working on two weapons as well. A grim smile spread on her lips as she ripped the laces of her sole shoe apart to be able to step out of quickly, then she concentrated on the ground beneath Rob's feet, turned it to dust. Without waiting for his reaction she jumped at him, if she managed to catch him off balance she might be able to throw him back down.

Rob suddenly didn’t have any footing and the weight of the suit dropped through the dust layer to the new ground. Rob planted his forearm-blades into the ground for stability but soon after Shana came jumping at him and he fell on his back again, the rock around his back cracking. Rob sharply inhaled, the extra rock on his chest was pressing down on him. That would bruise.

Taking deep breaths he tried to hold her in one place with one hand, and with the other he tried stabbing her slowly in the side with the forearm blade, trying to push it in as he was crushed by his armour’s weight.

18 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Taking deep breaths he tried to hold her in one place with one hand, and with the other he tried stabbing her slowly in the side with the forearm blade, trying to push it in as he was crushed by his armour’s weight.

Surprised that it had worked Shana ended up on top of him. Rob's hand closed around her, before she could get up again, held her close to him while he stabbed her in the side with his other blade. She move a bit, but his blade still left a deep gash in her side, blood spraying over his body, running down her leg and stomach. Black spots danced in front of her eyes and she screamed in pain, her body sagged against his, when there was nothing but blinding pain for a moment. That and the storm inside of her.

With shaking fingers she reached out for a gap in his armor, tried to touch him. Not caring for Luther and his rules anymore she focused divison on the skin of his again.

Edited by Sorana

36 minutes ago, Sorana said:

With shaking fingers she reached out for a gap in his armor, tried to touch him. Not caring for Luther and his rules anymore she focused divison on the skin of his again.

Rob didn’t feel much but the pressure of being crushed while Shana’s hand rested on an unarmoured part of him. But then her hand started heating up, and then burning, and Rob pushing the stab and thrust his head backwards, trying to endure the pain. The smell of smoke filled his nostrils and he gritted his teeth, closed his eyes, keeping that neutral expression.

He was trapped under his own armour and Shana, and he had nowhere to move as her hand seared through his flesh, burning a fiery mark on him. Rob felt he couldn’t clamp his eyes down anymore, he felt he would crush his teeth with how much he was gritting them. He could feel himself burning, his skin charring and he clenched his fists.

Even with closed eyes he was sure he could see stars and his whole body tensed as he cocked his head back and screamed primally, for the first time his neutral mask giving to an expression of pain as the stone he was wearing suddenly dissolved to liquid and his body went limp. The large burns could be more clearly seen with the armour off.

Edited by I think I am here.

11 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

The large burns could be more clearly seen with the armour off.

Shana felt her stormlight leave her body in a rush and then there was nothing but Rob push his blade deeper in her body. She screamed in pain and then thankfully, there was nothing but darkness as she collapsed on top of him.

3 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana felt her stormlight leave her body in a rush and then there was nothing but Rob push his blade deeper in her body. She screamed in pain and then thankfully, there was nothing but darkness as she collapsed on top of him.

Rob could no longer feel her hand flaming but the burns remained and he screamed in his pain as they ravaged him. Soon, the world blacked out for him too.

@Lunamor

24 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Rob could no longer feel her hand flaming but the burns remained and he screamed in his pain as they ravaged him. Soon, the world blacked out for him too.

"And that is mach" Said Luther. "Healer please see to the contestants."

Edited by Karger

Ben ran to Shana and Rob, extremely worried. They had done a very large amount of damage to each other. He inhaled as much stormlight as he could possibly hold- he would likely need it all. It looked like they had both blacked out. On his way over, however, he briefly slowed. This was just like how it had been several years ago. The only time he had ever seen such grave injuries. With John, and the car crash. Him, bleeding on the ground, Ben, standing, staring, unable to do anything. If only he had had his surges. If only... He started. Shaking his head in an attempt to clear it, he started running again. Now was not the time to dwell on the past. This time he could do something, save them. He hurried over to the pair of them. Shana seemed to collapsed on top of Rob. He healed her just enough to prevent her from bleeding out, then dragged her off of Rob’s limp form as quickly and as gently as possible. He had to pull hard to extricate her hand where it had burned itself into Rob’s flesh. He then placed his hand where Shana’s had been in order to get through the armor and healed him. Those burns looked incredibly serious. He might have underestimated Shana’s power. He then scrambled over to Shana’s side and further healed the gaping wound on her side.