AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everest blinked, she could do what he did? He grinned, suddenly ecstatic, no wonder De- no, Fortune, led him here. Blankly he realised she asked him something. "I can also store and tap speed, strength, warmth, memory, a couple of other things."

He's subconsciously tapping connection, so he gained some of her terminology.

"Sure." Jamie led Everest inside, past the others and back over to Aya. "Sorry about that Aya." she said with a grin, actually a little excited. "This is Everest. He's a Feruchemist, like I told you about." she explained, sitting back down. She thought for a moment, then stood up again. "In answer to your question, if you came here by way of Fortune, then knowing exactly why doesn't matter, you came here because here is where you need to be." 

Ayalin sat quietly as Jamie went to open the door, and did her best to listen to the short conversation. When the boy, Everest, came up to her, she almost shivered. 

This had all stemmed from one moment of brash extrovert-ism. And she had never felt so content and terrified at the same time.

"Hi." Ayalin took Everest's hand. "Nice to meet you. And from your discussion at the door just now, I believe you've only known of my existence for the past several moments. This will probably sound really weird, but I can basically eat different types of metal, then sort of burn them and do different things." Aya removed a dime from her pocket and, holding it in her palm, began to burn steel, one of the few metals she had connected to a certain ability. A blue line sprung up, pointing from herself to the coin in her hand. She Pushed on the coin, using the control she had mastered from hours spent practicing alone in her room to send it flying just hard enough to hit the wall and stay there. She didn't want to ding up the paint.

@The_Archivist @Dr. Dapper

"If you mean using metal to jump, sort of. I've only ever done it when people weren't around. So I have sort of hovered over coins and stuff, but that's it. And it took a long time to get good at staying just a little ways off of the ground." Aya grimaced. "I feel like I should be better at all of this. I've been able to do it for years, but I've never told anyone before, and I'm always worried someone might be watching and come get me or something." 

@Dr. Dapper @The_Archivist

8 hours ago, Tesh said:

Ayalin sat quietly as Jamie went to open the door, and did her best to listen to the short conversation. When the boy, Everest, came up to her, she almost shivered. 

This had all stemmed from one moment of brash extrovert-ism. And she had never felt so content and terrified at the same time.

"Hi." Ayalin took Everest's hand. "Nice to meet you. And from your discussion at the door just now, I believe you've only known of my existence for the past several moments. This will probably sound really weird, but I can basically eat different types of metal, then sort of burn them and do different things." Aya removed a dime from her pocket and, holding it in her palm, began to burn steel, one of the few metals she had connected to a certain ability. A blue line sprung up, pointing from herself to the coin in her hand. She Pushed on the coin, using the control she had mastered from hours spent practicing alone in her room to send it flying just hard enough to hit the wall and stay there. She didn't want to ding up the paint.

@The_Archivist @Dr. Dapper

Everest shrugged, "Is it really that much weirder than storing attributes in metal and using them afterwards?"

5 hours ago, Tesh said:

"If you mean using metal to jump, sort of. I've only ever done it when people weren't around. So I have sort of hovered over coins and stuff, but that's it. And it took a long time to get good at staying just a little ways off of the ground." Aya grimaced. "I feel like I should be better at all of this. I've been able to do it for years, but I've never told anyone before, and I'm always worried someone might be watching and come get me or something." 

@Dr. Dapper @The_Archivist

So her powers still follow the third law of newton. Come to think of it, his powers roughly follow the basic rules of physics as well, interesting... . He absentmindedly stored weight and tapped wakefulness.

On 4/13/2020 at 11:55 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'll tell it to you someday. My stories are only told during the most inconvenient possible situations. It's a gig of mine."

He says that. Avelyn whispers to Leona. And he doesn't lie. Be careful whenever you invoke his name; he always has the most irrelevant pieces of information for the most irrelevant moments in time.

"Okay then," Leona replied. "Wanna go check out the training room downstairs?"

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Sure. As long as you have a piano there for me to break."

Leona gasped. "Not the piano! But in all seriousness, please try not to break things. Especially musical instruments." She opened the door to the basement. "After you," she said, flicking on the lights.

13 hours ago, Tesh said:

"Well, I still think it's weirder. I mean, I have to eat it..." Aya Pulled on her coin, and it shot through the air towards her, although she stopped it with a brief Push a moment before it hit her, and it fell into her lap. 

@The_Archivist

"Well, yes, but I can store things like Identity and connection, plus I'm constantly wearing a metal that is toxic to the touch. Either way I think we can both agree that this conversation is wierder than either of us."

Seriously, turns out bendalloy is toxic, I wonder if Brandon knows...

5 minutes ago, The_Archivist said:

"Well, yes, but I can store things like Identity and connection, plus I'm constantly wearing a metal that is toxic to the touch. Either way I think we can both agree that this conversation is wierder than either of us."

I'm pretty sure he knows. IIRC, there's an explanation of it somewhere. 

"Well, yes. Honestly, all day today has just been weird. It's been a good thing, though. When did you find out that you could... Do what you do?" Ayalin fidgeted with her coin, trying the think through everything while listening to Everest.

She could still hardly wrap her head around the fact that other people could do what she could, and that they knew what was going on. And Aya herself would be allowed to help them do what they needed to do.

I can't wait to meet the rest of the people here, she thought with a small smile.

@The_Archivist

5 hours ago, Bookish Ocelot said:

Leona gasped. "Not the piano! But in all seriousness, please try not to break things. Especially musical instruments." She opened the door to the basement. "After you," she said, flicking on the lights.

"Whoa!" Fadran takes in the surrounding room, his eyes resting on a large sword. "Is that real?"

Yes, idiot. Avelyn replies to him personally. You can't kill things with fake swords.

Fadran tries out some weapons. None of them seem to fit him.

"Two years. I... I haven't really been able to practice much without people finding out. I've gotten pretty good at messing with people's emotions, though, and controlling how hard I Push and Pull on metals. Apparently there are a lot more things i can do than what I'm currently aware of." The coin slipped from her fingers onto the floor, and she hurriedly picked it back up, slipping it into her pocket.

"What sort of things can you do?"

@The_Archivist

4 hours ago, Tesh said:

"Two years. I... I haven't really been able to practice much without people finding out. I've gotten pretty good at messing with people's emotions, though, and controlling how hard I Push and Pull on metals. Apparently there are a lot more things i can do than what I'm currently aware of." The coin slipped from her fingers onto the floor, and she hurriedly picked it back up, slipping it into her pocket.

"What sort of things can you do?"

@The_Archivist

"I can store speed, strength, weight, senses, warmth, mental speed, memories, calories, health and breath, which are pretty straightforward. Then there's fortune, determination, connection and identity, which are weird, there's also nicrosil, but I can't figure it out. You would think silver would do something, but it doesn't." Everest realised he was rambling and quickly shut his mouth. Idiot. You just found them and already you're pushing them away. "So everyone here is metalborn?"

7 hours ago, AonEne said:

Itiah, you good if I teleport us there?

Yup :)

Rob walked silently to the centre of the room. He stomped his foot, and the ground beneath the corpses became loose and watery. Slowly, he waited for them all to sink below the surface, and waited some more until they were well and surely buried beneath the ground. He stomped his foot again and the ground hardened, no sign of death anywhere in sight.

He turned to join the others, taken aback by the cat. A cat. He stared at it for a moment, wondering how it would feel to pet it. A cat. He would need to pet it later, sneakily, when no one was watching.

He joined the circle and gave a thumbs up to Cassie.

13 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Whoa!" Fadran takes in the surrounding room, his eyes resting on a large sword. "Is that real?"

Yes, idiot. Avelyn replies to him personally. You can't kill things with fake swords.

Fadran tries out some weapons. None of them seem to fit him.

"Yeah," Leona says. "All of them are real. If you don't really like swords, I've got some other ideas. A bow could work pretty well, depending on how strong your shoulders are." 

She picks up a bow and fires ten arrows quickly into a target on the other side of the room.