AonEne

I know that this is just an RP, but it still makes me happy. I smiled when I read the engagement scene. Actually, I'm still smiling. 

1 minute ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jace grinned, jumping in shock at the yell Cassie gave before blushing and smiling, feeling a bit shy about it suddenly. He was too excited to really care much though. "Y-yeah! I know... I still can't believe it. It really came out of no-where... I didn't think it would be a huge deal, but... Yeah, cake would be amazing. Lot's of cake, with friends to hang out with and his family as well... maybe it'll help make-up for how prom went last night? I mean..." He paused, making himself stop. "Yes. I'd like you all to have a party with us to celebrate, and I think cake would be awesome. Probably lots of it..." He hugged her on impulse, trembling with how excited he was. He'd actually have a family again, and it would be with Ax of all people... he couldn't really imagine anything that would make him happier. Even if he still couldn't really use his Lightweaving, so what? This was the more important thing by-far. He wasn't aware of the faint pink sparkles and bubbles that showed up and popped around his feet. They'd been doing that a lot when Ax had proposed last night, but he'd been too distracted to notice. Love and excitement spren maybe- they were drawn by his feelings either way, and fairly hard to see- unless you were really, really good at noticing spren. 

"Well, as anyone around here can tell you," she said, gesturing wildly, "I can do a lot of cake. Massive cake. You want a statue of you and Ax, I can do that."

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, BookishOcelot said:

"Well, as anyone around here can tell you," she said, gesturing wildly, "I can do a lot of cake. Massive cake. You want a statue of you and Ax, I can do that."

Jace blinked, suddenly imagining that- A statue of him and Ax at their wedding, with... He blushed deeply. "Th-the statue idea m-might be going a bit far, b-but... Yeah, I would be really happy if you could help with the cake. That would seriously be amazing. Thank you..." He let go of her, still smiling happily and excitedly. He suddenly felt awkward, but tried to ignore it. "I was thinking we'd just head over to the justice of peace and get the paper signed, since neither of us is really religious much, so... having a party afterwards would be awesome. He... we were planning on going once we told you guys, actually. I could be married by this afternoon..." He bit his lip again, smiling excitedly. He really couldn't wait. 

Spoiler

I know! I saw Ax make the suggestion that that was a possibility, and my heart slowed down really suddenly. When Ax actually proposed I almost shouted. I've never done that before. I can't believe how heavily invested I am... Still, it was an interesting experience, I've never thought about how sudden, intense, and unexpected that can be. It made me do a double-take and then almost squeal. Apparently those proposal videos you sometimes watch are real- when it's a good surprise, it's a huge shock. I had to walk around for a minute once the scene was done...

Tl;Dr, I relate to you. :)

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith
Added in some thoughts. :P

33 minutes ago, BookishOcelot said:

And if you want especially lifelike statues...

Edited by Lunamor

All this cake is only making me want cake... :(

1 hour ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jace blinked, suddenly imagining that- A statue of him and Ax at their wedding, with... He blushed deeply. "Th-the statue idea m-might be going a bit far, b-but... Yeah, I would be really happy if you could help with the cake. That would seriously be amazing. Thank you..." He let go of her, still smiling happily and excitedly. He suddenly felt awkward, but tried to ignore it. "I was thinking we'd just head over to the justice of peace and get the paper signed, since neither of us is really religious much, so... having a party afterwards would be awesome. He... we were planning on going once we told you guys, actually. I could be married by this afternoon..." He bit his lip again, smiling excitedly. He really couldn't wait. 

"Well, I suppose I should probably get working. No statues, I promise. What kind of cake do you want?"

Jace smiled. "I'm not sure- I'll talk to Ax about it and let you know. I mean, I know his favorite kind if cake, but I don't know if he wants anything special or not." He smiled. "What else should be at the party, do you think?" He smiled at her. 

27 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jace smiled. "I'm not sure- I'll talk to Ax about it and let you know. I mean, I know his favorite kind if cake, but I don't know if he wants anything special or not." He smiled. "What else should be at the party, do you think?" He smiled at her. 

"Hmm. Music, food that is not cake, drinks." she replied. "Those are the things that usually come to mind. Also, maybe flowers? I don't really know. I've never been to a wedding. My only experiences have been through movies or books."

2 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

He wasn't aware of the faint pink sparkles and bubbles that showed up and popped around his feet. They'd been doing that a lot when Ax had proposed last night, but he'd been too distracted to notice. Love and excitement spren maybe- they were drawn by his feelings either way, and fairly hard to see. Unless you were really, really good at noticing spren. 

We do actually have canonical passionspren and joyspren descriptions on Roshar, though I'm not sure if we can summon them on Earth...and that was a weird thing to latch onto, Ene.

2 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I've never thought about how sudden, intense, and unexpected that can be.

This is not the first time a character of yours has married his, dude :P I find this reaction adorable, though, just fyi. (You just smiled three times in one post, all in quick succession. Anyone who doesn't find that adorable gets a look.)

36 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

"What else should be at the party, do you think?" He smiled at her. 

8 minutes ago, BookishOcelot said:

"I don't really know. I've never been to a wedding. My only experiences have been through movies or books."

WELL, THE GROOM'S DEAD BODY IS A GREAT THING TO FIND AT A WEDDING. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. There are two grooms in this case, however, so maybe it wouldn't work as well. :ph34r:

13 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“Yes. Well...” he remembered the knife, pressed against Shana’s throat. The interlocking parts of the air. The desperation he’d felt but hadn’t shown. Never shown. Emotions were something men didn’t do, Rob had been told since his childhood. And the lesson had stuck.

“I can do it from a short distance, if I concentrate. And not just rock. Asphalt, rock, metal, probably others.” He thought about his second ability, tension, and an idea sprung to his head. But he tried to hide the enthusiasm on his face, even though it was hard.

“Do you want to see something cool?”

“Of course I want to see something cool.” Ashlyn says, smiling. His request taking her mind away from the firefight strategies, all of which surrounded the ability to shape stone, that where racing through her mind

1 hour ago, BookishOcelot said:

"Hmm. Music, food that is not cake, drinks." she replied. "Those are the things that usually come to mind. Also, maybe flowers? I don't really know. I've never been to a wedding. My only experiences have been through movies or books."

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

Ene, you are right, sorry. I should've looked- I'll just pretend I used the correct spren... sorry. :lol:^_^

And yeah, but this was out of the blue, unplanned, and... honestly, it was super surprising. I'd been getting into the groove of them being dating, so this sudden proposal made me... When I write my characters, I basically slip into their mindset and write- kind of like Shallan. So when he proposed, it hit me the way it hit Jace. I was very, very surprised. :)

Jace nodded, smiling. "Alright, those are good ideas, you're right- oh crap! We need to tell his mother!" He paled, blushing at the same time in some halfway nightmare between embarrassment and fear. "Uh... Could you and the rest keep planning? Or whatever you wanna do? We'll figure it out, but... Oh stars above..." He looked back to where Ax had disappeared too, biting his lip. "Uh... okay... I need to find Ax and we need to call and tell his mom. I'll be back, okay?" He forced a smile, still looking nervous and excited and a little sick, but still too happy and excited to really follow through with that. Basically like any normal bride/groom would when they first tell the parents that they're planning to marry their kid. 

@Sherlock Holmes

TAGS I SWEAR-!

10 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jace nodded, smiling. "Alright, those are good ideas, you're right- oh crap! We need to tell his mother!" He paled, blushing at the same time in some halfway nightmare between embarrassment and fear. "Uh... Could you and the rest keep planning? Or whatever you wanna do? We'll figure it out, but... Oh stars above..." He looked back to where Ax had disappeared too, biting his lip. "Uh... okay... I need to find Ax and we need to call and tell his mom. I'll be back, okay?" He forced a smile, still looking nervous and excited and a little sick, but still too happy and excited to really follow through with that. Basically like any normal bride/groom would when they first tell the parents that they're planning to marry their kid. 

@Sherlock Holmes

Ax walked back after not finding anybody. "Hey, Jace, did you tell them?"

6 minutes ago, AonEne said:

You beautiful, incredible human being... you used pedantic, and did so correctly... :wub:

Just now, Sherlock Holmes said:

Ax walked back after not finding anybody. "Hey, Jace, did you tell them?"

Jace looked at him, smiling and turning to grab his arm. "I found one of them, I'll talk to Shana later- we need to tell your family." He looked terrified, excited, and serious, all at once. It was mildly adorable how intense he seemed.

Just now, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Jace looked at him, smiling and turning to grab his arm. "I found one of them, I'll talk to Shana later- we need to tell your family." He looked terrified, excited, and serious, all at once. It was mildly adorable how intense he seemed.

"But they're all dead," Ax said, confused. Then he realized what Jace was talking about. "Oh, right, yeah. Should I call Aaron or something?"

2 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

"But they're all dead," Ax said, confused. Then he realized what Jace was talking about. "Oh, right, yeah. Should I call Aaron or something?"

Jace nodded, sucking in a breath. "Yep. It should probably be both of us... do I talk to Shana first? Or do we drive over to your house? I... What do you think would be better?"

Jace nodded, sucking in a breath. "Yep. It should probably be both of us... do I talk to Shana first? Or do we drive over to your house? I... What do you think would be better?"

"Talk to her first, I'll call Aaron and tell him to tell Tanya but no one else until we get there."

9 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

"Talk to her first, I'll call Aaron and tell him to tell Tanya but no one else until we get there."

Jace nodded, looking at Leona. "Thank you for understanding, or... I hope you understand. I need to go tell Shana, but... You're amazing! Thank you!" He hurried off, looking around and trying to find Shana as he mentally tried not to panic.

@BookishOcelot

@Sorana

TAAAAAAAGSSS!!!!!

Jace nodded, looking at Leona. "Thank you for understanding, or... I hope you understand. I need to go tell Shana, but... You're amazing! Thank you!" He hurried off, looking around and trying to find Shana as he mentally tried not to panic.

@BookishOcelot

@Sorana

Ax called Aaron. "So, I proposed to Jace... yup... don't say I told you so. Yeah, don't tell anyone but Tanya."

28 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

@BookishOcelot

@Sorana

Shana had stared at Cassie rushing off, then followed slowly, unsure what was going on.

11 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana had stared at Cassie rushing off, then followed slowly, unsure what was going on.

Oh, no, I'm sorry I was unclear, she just turned around and yelled it and looked back at Shana. Just a quick, less-serious shipping bit.

Jace found Shana whenever and wherever he managed to find her, stopping and trying to guess at the situation before ignoring social conventions and tapping her shoulder, hoping she wouldn't be mad. He bit his lip, bouncing in both excitement and nervousness. 

@Sorana