AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Draug stared at the flaming door, speechless. A piece of burning wood landed on his cheek, stormlight healing it instantly.

"What are we not revealing, exactly?" he managed to get out at last. "And... why?"

"Our Investiture," Rob said bluntly. "Some people told a police officer."

19 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

"Our Investiture," Rob said bluntly. "Some people told a police officer."

Draug snorted. "It would be nice if that worked." He took a step inside, gingerly stepping over the flames. "So, uh... why exactly are we setting the door on fire?"

Edited by xinoehp512

51 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Draug snorted. "It would be nice if that worked." He took a step inside, gingerly stepping over the flames. "So, uh... why exactly are we setting the door on fire?"

"Shana's nervous." he said to Draug, then turned back to the others. "But look, one of the officers looked upset by Leona's cake, but they also let us go. Maybe it's not that big of a deal."

Shana sighed, then forced herself to sit down.

"Sorry about the door."

She looked at Draug.

"About whoever wants to use us. We are a bunch of kids. We can do nothing if government decides to test us or use us or control us. They might leave us our illusion of being alone, but if the know, what we can do - we won't be alone and we will be manipulated. Openly, or not."

10 minutes ago, BookishOcelot said:

"I did," Leona added helpfully, "threaten to set him on fire. I also set the cake on fire." 

Onyx appeared. 

----

idiot. only you would be like that. where is the wisdom you were supposed to have?

"I don't have any."

why did i pick you again?

----

"He looked pretty freaked out." she said. 

Draug shook his head. "He wouldn't have noticed. Even if he did notice, he would forget. And even if he didn't forget, no one else would believe him." He stood up and sighed. "Sha-thoexis is too powerful for that to ever be a possibility."

Evelyn had gone straight to her room once they got back, far too tired to do anything else. She had closed her eyes for a moment and begun to drift off to sleep when she heard the explosion downstairs. She bolted upright, shocked completely awake, and dashed downstairs, taking the steps three at a time. When she reached the bottom, she saw this casual scene: There were people sitting on the couch talking, Draug casually removing his shoes, and Rob standing next to a burning door.

Evelyn's hands blurred through the air, somehow steady despite the adrenaline coursing through her blood, making the air aon. As soon as she finished the last stroke, a strong wind blew through the still-smoking doorway. Hidden embers flared momentarily brighter, and then swiftly faded as the wind stole all of the heat away. The wind vanished as the last embers died completely away.

She would have done more to make sure that it was completely gone - like create a tsunami and flood the place - but her hands had started shaking to badly to be able to draw aons now. Not only that but the adrenaline rush she had received from the explosion had begun to fade, leaving her exhausted and hurt. The pain in her back from when the voidbringer had attacked her was back, and even worse due to her frantic dash downstairs.

She took a few more steps into the room, sank down into a sitting position with her back against the wall, and asked, "Why was the door on fire?"

Cassie stood up, embarrassed, from where she’d fallen sideways off her chair after seeing the door explode. “The others are back from the hospital - they got back before us - and they just got filled in on what we said to the police.” Who ever decided it was a good idea to give teenagers magic powers anyway? She looked at Joy, who flashed brighter and sent out a ring of light carrying a hit of togetherness with it. Like she was telling Cassie, I’m here. 

She glanced back over at the rest. “You’re all okay, right?” 

14 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

I really need to stop having Ben fall asleep...

We all have our little character tics, James gives wry smiles, smirks, or 'slight grins'  almost every post. I guess he really just is a slightly goofy dork:P.

"What Leona says does worry me, that much I'll admit." James said, leaning forward, hand on his chin in thought. "Assuming perpetuity has been the downfall of many an empire: we have to consider that the world may be changing..." he continued, "and we ought to be prepared for that eventuality." he concluded, turning to look at Draug. "Say we defeat Sha-Thoexis," He asked, "What happens then?" he thrust his hand forward and up, as if to accentuate his point. "If doing so does what I assume it might, I would say that Shana's concerns might be more valid than you assume." He sighed, and returned to a more contemplative posture. If what we fear does come to pass, that will be on my shoulders. James thought to himself, It's my duty as a Bondsmith to help lead the Radiants, yet I have no solutions I could offer them, no plan. What do I do?

He let out a sigh, and leaning back, he closed his eyes, and attempted to get some rest. It had been a long night, and some things, like the mystery of this black sword, and what the future might hold, could wait for morning.

I deny this, I’m going to make you talk about the black sword mystery while you’re tired :ph34r: 

Cassie suddenly blinked and looked up, remembering something. “James, did you swear another Ideal in all that? I thought I saw you with a sword.” 

42 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

"What Leona says does worry me, that much I'll admit." James said, leaning forward, hand on his chin in thought. "Assuming perpetuity has been the downfall of many an empire: we have to consider that the world may be changing..." he continued, "and we ought to be prepared for that eventuality." he concluded, turning to look at Draug. "Say we defeat Sha-Thoexis," He asked, "What happens then?" he thrust his hand forward and up, as if to accentuate his point. "If doing so does what I assume it might, I would say that Shana's concerns might be more valid than you assume." He sighed, and returned to a more contemplative posture. If what we fear does come to pass, that will be on my shoulders. James thought to himself, It's my duty as a Bondsmith to help lead the Radiants, yet I have no solutions I could offer them, no plan. What do I do?

He let out a sigh, and leaning back, he closed his eyes, and attempted to get some rest. It had been a long night, and some things, like the mystery of this black sword, and what the future might hold, could wait for morning.

Draug shook his head. "I don't know about any change. All I know is that I've tried telling other people the truth. It never works." He looked at James. "But if that were to change? I guarantee I would tell as many people as I could. As fast as possible." He took a step away from the ashes of the door. "When they know the truth, why would they turn against us?"

9 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Draug shook his head. "I don't know about any change. All I know is that I've tried telling other people the truth. It never works." He looked at James. "But if that were to change? I guarantee I would tell as many people as I could. As fast as possible." He took a step away from the ashes of the door. "When they know the truth, why would they turn against us?"

James opened his eyes somewhat irritated. "Look at history, mythology" he said "I'm not saying they'd turn against us necessarily, but think if you were the president, and an army of veritable super-soldiers falls right into your lap. You'd have to be mad to not consider using them! They don't know how Radiants work, they'd only see the power, and its potential applications."  

Just now, Wyndlerunner said:

James opened his eyes somewhat irritated. "Look at history, mythology" he said "I'm not saying they'd turn against us necessarily, but think if you were the president, and an army of veritable super-soldiers falls right into your lap. You'd have to be mad to not consider using them! They don't know how Radiants work, they'd only see the power, and its potential applications."  

Draug shrugged. "So?"

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Draug shrugged. "So?"

James bit his tongue to avoid lashing out then and there. He'd always had a bit of a short fuse, particularly when it came to people refusing to see other sides of an issue. "What I'm attempting to say is" he forced out somewhat deliberately, "Some of us might not want to be pressed into governmental service. And we can't just claim that things will never change, because they will. I want us to be ready for that point." He sighed. So much for getting any rest. "While we're talking" he said, hoping to change the subject, "You wouldn't happen to know anything about a Black Sword would you?" he asked, curiously. "The Nightwatcher granted it to me during the battle, along with a warning to never use it unless the need were dire. I'm fairly certain it's no Shardblade, either."

3 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

James bit his tongue to avoid lashing out then and there. He'd always had a bit of a short fuse, particularly when it came to people refusing to see other sides of an issue. "What I'm attempting to say is" he forced out somewhat deliberately, "Some of us might not want to be pressed into governmental service. And we can't just claim that things will never change, because they will. I want us to be ready for that point." He sighed. So much for getting any rest. "While we're talking" he said, hoping to change the subject, "You wouldn't happen to know anything about a Black Sword would you?" he asked, curiously. "The Nightwatcher granted it to me during the battle, along with a warning to never use it unless the need were dire. I'm fairly certain it's no Shardblade, either."

Draug hesitated, then sighed and shook his head. "No, I've never heard of it."

Edited by xinoehp512

42 minutes ago, Hope Spren said:

"And the Nightwatcher won't tell you anything else about it?" Evelyn asked curiously. Her hands had stilled, so she began to trace a healing aon in the air. It should heal her back, and possibly the concussion she had been diagnosed with.

"Well" James said, "She said it was both a boon and a curse. The reason I don't think it's a shardblade is that the Boon and Curse is just a function of the Nightwatcher. Anyone could receive one, even a Non-Radiant." 

@AonEne

Now might be a good time for that thing that we had planned for Cassie.