Alleyverse Character Discussion

MacThorstenson

1 hour ago, Darth Woodrack said:

I know I already have five characters, i'm just posting this because I'm going to character develop this guy, as an NPC, and then probably demote Thel, to hen make this guy a primary character of mine. Unless that is, I decide I don't like rping with him, or someone pichtes me an adoption request with a plan that I like, from someone I trust to do this guy justice.

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Kevin James

Investiture: None

Build: He is of average build, though is very muscular.

Skills: He is an expert marksman, very good with hand to hand fighting, and very good with small melee weapons.

Gear: He has the basic Special Incursion loadout, but has a large bowie knife strapped over his shoulder in a sheath. 

Personality: He is a loyal soldier, who is kind, believes in the Precursors goals, with a strong belief in justice for all those who deserve it, though has problems with non-lethal action.

Weakness: Besides having absolutely no Investiture, he also has deep trauma from [INCOMPLETE] which cause him to question whether or not he should stay with the Precursor, and cause him to question his actions.

Backstory: He joined the Precursors almost immediately on Alleyplanet, when they were founded, and quickly rose through the ranks, being offered a choice between sniper, riot, and chaser positions in his regiment, chose the prior, and was then chosen for the second Special Incursion regiment when they were founded. He then participated in [INCOMPLETE] which gave him deep doubts about his purpose, and brings him to his position now.

Guild Affiliation: Precursors, for now.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Adoption requests?

Reposting this because everyone ignored it.

Right now he is at 160 points, and the lack of investiture does not count as a weakness.

You will need to elaborate on the trauma from [INCOMPLETE] for us to give an actual ranking on that weakness.

You don't need to post it publically, but will need to let one of the mods know whats going on with that if you want this character approved.

It's labeled [INCOMPLETE] because there haven't been any traumatic events that could count for him. I' not done with him, so I'm going to be using him as an NPC, downgrading his skill while doing it, and just request that if you beat him in a thread that you not kill him. So, when the Bureau does their main plot, eventually he will probably be traumatized by it.

Ciera also commanded him follow her own code of noncomabtiveness.

He can't use the One Power to actively participate in combat. Basicly, it limits them to shields and gateways to defend themselves or escape. However, he can fight with conventional weaponry.

Edited by Dr. Dapper

4 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Warder.

It means he has to stay with Ciera, and follow her commands.

That's the thing, it doesn't. It allows them to feel each other's emotions and location, and sends the Warder into a suicidal rage when their Aes Sedai is killed. At least for a Channeler Warder, it doesn't compel them to do what their Aes Sedai says in any way or form. This has been demonstrated in WoT. On the other hand, being a Warder makes them stronger, capable of exerting themselves for longer without getting tired, and surviving deadly wounds, at least for some time.

Basically, for a Channeler, this would generally be a buff, not a weakness, the only real downside it has is that their life is linked to their Aes Sedai, and even that is survivable.

@Dr. Dapper I will need to revisit that, but depending on what the oath of non combatentness is he could still be OP. 

I completely agree with kenod that a Warner bond isn’t all that limiting to a chRCter. 

I haven’t been keeping up too closely with the character, I haven’t had time, so non of this is an official mod ruling yet, but generally warder bonds aren’t good weaknesses. 

It could definitely be played as a weakness, but definitely no where near enough to cancel being a Channeler more powerful than Mazrim Taim. That's getting into OP territory even for Randland, which is itself pretty insanely OP compared to most cosmere settings. Particularly not when combined with a High Epic ability, Blademaster level swordsmanship and high level unarmed combat.

I assume you guys don't need any more pre-made characters. But if it would be allowed, I would like to make one or two. Just for fun. And, thought just crossed my mind, those are era 1/2 characters. More powerful than our current ones. Are they still valid?

I just got a lot of characters spinning around in my head, but nowadays, I don't have time to RP them all. I want all but 2 of them dead. Anyone know a good place to kill characters?

16 hours ago, beantheboy12 said:

I assume you guys don't need any more pre-made characters. But if it would be allowed, I would like to make one or two. Just for fun. And, thought just crossed my mind, those are era 1/2 characters. More powerful than our current ones. Are they still valid?

I just got a lot of characters spinning around in my head, but nowadays, I don't have time to RP them all. I want all but 2 of them dead. Anyone know a good place to kill characters?

You could always snoop around in the PlasmaCore building, if you want to die

On 3/23/2019 at 3:29 AM, Sunbringer said:

This is a character I’ve been working on for a while, and I promise I came up with him before I watched captain Marvel, even if his powers are really similar.

Hide contents

Name: His real name is David Hill, but his nickname was Sun and his Epic name was Sun’s Wrath.

Physical Characteristics: 17 years old, but acts older. 6’ 2”, decent build, Brown hair, hazel eyes, when not in battle gear he like to wear a grey T-shirt and jeans.

Investiture: Epic. He can shoot beams of light, has enhanced strength, speed and durability (comparable to pewter) and healing. All of these must be activated on purpose. 

All of his powers are reliant on sunlight. While in the sun, he absorbs it, and then can later use it a basically fuel for his abilities. While in the sun, he doesn’t have a limit on how much he can use his powers, but while indoors (without many windows) or during the night, he will drain his light reserves whenever he fires a beam of light, heals, or enhances himself.

Skills: Hand-to-hand combat expert. He also is good at cooking and is really good at ping pong. ;)

Equipment: Heat resistant clothing (He learned the hard way that this is a good idea when you shoot lasers). Epic suit: All extremely heat resistant. Light armor with strong arm guards.

Weakness: Epic weakness: Becoming like his older brother. (Or like most epics in general.) His weakness triggers any time he tries to hurt someone that he truly thinks is innocent (he can’t lie to himself about it), kill anyone, or destroy things without any reason, and anything else of the sort. If his conscience goes against it, it triggers his weakness. He also refuses to use guns.

Family: Mother: Anna Hill (dead) Father: Jackson Hill (also dead) Older brother:        Jonathan Hill/Annihilator (Epic with the power to create explosions, disintegrate anything he touches-including things like bullets-and enhanced dexterity. Also dead)

Backstory: David was born 10 years before Calamity appeared. During his childhood, he as absolutely loved being out in the sun, watching sunrises or sunsets, and eventually got the nickname Sun. When Calamity rose, his brother was one of the first to become an epic. His brother wasn’t that great a person to begin with, but he wasn’t a very bad person either. Despite his flaws, Sun idolized his brother. After he became an epic he was one of the most ruthless and vicious epics around. His brother killed his parents and hundreds of others. Sun wasn’t in his house when his brother attacked and decimated his home with an explosion, and his brother assumed he was dead. Sun ran off into the wilderness, and was taken in by a group of people who was hiding out in the mountains, though he didn’t tell them who he was. He lived among them for several years, during which time his brother ruled the city they used to live in. He occasionally went in to the town to trade for supplies, and he saw what his brother was doing. He was devastated and it became a constant fear of his that someone else he trusted would turn, or that he would. Just after his 16th birthday he was out in the woods when the sun started setting and Calamity began to rise. He was watching the sunset, and Calamity’s light seemed to grow brighter. He turned to face it, and he heard something. Offering him power. He woke up the next morning to a member of a search party from his group shaking him awake. He felt his new power coursing through him and an incredible urge to destroy. He stood, and was about to destroy the insolent mortals for waking him, but right before he was about to release his power to kill them, his power left him. 

After a few months, he figured out how his weakness worked, how his powers left him as soon as he started to do things that his brother had done, hurting innocent people, killing, not caring about the destruction he caused. During those months he learned to use his powers and resist the darkness as best he could. He decided the best thing he could do for his brother was to put him down, and he went back to the city, and fought him. The battle ended with his brother defeated at his feet. Sun tried to finish his own brother, but he could not kill him, and his weakness triggered, stopping him. Their battle lasted until Annihilator had him on the ground about kill him, when Sun swept out his legs, sending him tumbling to the ground where he hit his head and was knocked out, leaving him defenseless. Sun shot him up n the head. Ever since he has refused to use a gun.

He left the city after he killed his brother and he just lived out in the mountains alone. He recently accidentally found his way to the greater cosmere, and has visited a few different worlds, and just recently came to alley city.

Guild: unaffiliated 

Psyche: smart, but doesn’t like to scheme or anything. He also doesn’t have any patience for puzzles.

Personality: Friendly, but reserved. Usually optimistic, wants to assume the best in people.

Theme song: Superheroes by the script

Fighting style: his powers let him fight at a distance, but he prefers to get up close, letting him use his physical enhancement abilities, augmented by point-blank light blasts.

Edit: Since it’s an epic @Voidus

Sorry about missing this one.
Enhanced physical attributes: 35 (Powered by the sun, which is less easy to carry than pewter so little lower than pewter) M
Light rays: 40 M
Healing: 50 M

Skills:
Intelligence (smart): 15
Hand-To-Hand expert: 50

Weaknesses: 
No guns: -10 (Not much of a weakness given that lasers serve the same purpose)
Epic weakness: -10 (This is a little more restrictive than most Epic weaknesses but for reference I usually don't subtract any for Epic weaknesses)

Total:
125M + 65 S - 20 W
= 170

Little OP still, would need some additional weaknesses or scaling down of some of the powers.

On 3/29/2019 at 2:30 PM, kenod said:

That's the thing, it doesn't. It allows them to feel each other's emotions and location, and sends the Warder into a suicidal rage when their Aes Sedai is killed. At least for a Channeler Warder, it doesn't compel them to do what their Aes Sedai says in any way or form. This has been demonstrated in WoT. On the other hand, being a Warder makes them stronger, capable of exerting themselves for longer without getting tired, and surviving deadly wounds, at least for some time.

Basically, for a Channeler, this would generally be a buff, not a weakness, the only real downside it has is that their life is linked to their Aes Sedai, and even that is survivable.

On 3/29/2019 at 2:35 PM, MacThorstenson said:

@Dr. Dapper I will need to revisit that, but depending on what the oath of non combatentness is he could still be OP. 

I completely agree with kenod that a Warner bond isn’t all that limiting to a chRCter. 

I haven’t been keeping up too closely with the character, I haven’t had time, so non of this is an official mod ruling yet, but generally warder bonds aren’t good weaknesses. 

Still, an Aes Sedai still has the power to compel their warders, as demonstrated by Moraine with Lan.  

On 3/30/2019 at 4:39 AM, Voidus said:

It could definitely be played as a weakness, but definitely no where near enough to cancel being a Channeler more powerful than Mazrim Taim. That's getting into OP territory even for Randland, which is itself pretty insanely OP compared to most cosmere settings. Particularly not when combined with a High Epic ability, Blademaster level swordsmanship and high level unarmed combat.

He doesn't actually have a high epic ability.  No automatic prime invincibility, just the ability to make himself incorporeal.  

Yes, Galvris is extremely OP, but he also has weaknesses.  Being a warder, for one thing.  Also, his massive amount of spikes makes him an easy target for allomancers, and his mental stability is greatly reduced.  He also has a debt to Ciera for healing him, which I could make a weakness.

On 3/31/2019 at 3:42 PM, Ark1002 said:

You could always snoop around in the PlasmaCore building, if you want to die

As Necromancer can attest.