The Rhythm of War

Jofwu

7 minutes ago, equinox said:

Book 5 needs to be KoW! Ahhh... OB doesn't fit. Which letter was it again, that doesn't ruin symmetries in Vorin names? :D I guess we can't do anything about it... 

I believe it was H? :D

KoW for book 5? ... Knights of Wonder! It's an in-world fanfiction of the Radiants!

Edited by Winds Alight

9 minutes ago, equinox said:

Does it have to be Shin? Or just related to Szeth? I'm picturing him reading fanfiction and hiding it from the rest of the crew... 

I've been picturing Szeth as being the biggest Kaladin fan ever because Kaladin was the one who finally beat him, proving that the Radiants have returned and freeing Szeth from his oathstone.
So book 5 is Szeth reading (and probably writing) Kaladin fanfiction.
Book 5 is called ... Kaladin of Windrunners!

We could make a Ketek out of the first five titles ... lemme see ... The way of kings, wording radiance, bringer of oaths, bringing radiant words: kings on their way!

Kinda.

Edited by Winds Alight

I was joking about this potential book acronym symmetry myself when I first heard. :D As amusing as it would be to have a KoW/HoW/KoH... I'm a big fan of the proposed "Stones Unhallowed" for book 5.

I've definitely seen people complain about the similarity of Brandon's acronyms before--especially when you start throwing in Mistborn (WoA & HoA in particular). With WoR being one letter off from both WoK AND RoW, there's bound to be lots of confusion... Alas.

I've personally been STRONGLY insistent that we should include the "The" in these acryonyms. It's not WoK. It's TWoK. I'd argue that, for the sake of clarity, we should encourage people to call this one TRoW rather than RoW. (assuming the title sticks) People are still going to use RoW of course. But I'll be pushing for TRoW as much as possible myself. :)

37 minutes ago, Jofwu said:

I was joking about this potential book acronym symmetry myself when I first heard. :D As amusing as it would be to have a KoW/HoW/KoH... I'm a big fan of the proposed "Stones Unhallowed" for book 5.

I've definitely seen people complain about the similarity of Brandon's acronyms before--especially when you start throwing in Mistborn (WoA & HoA in particular). With WoR being one letter off from both WoK AND RoW, there's bound to be lots of confusion... Alas.

I've personally been STRONGLY insistent that we should include the "The" in these acryonyms. It's not WoK. It's TWoK. I'd argue that, for the sake of clarity, we should encourage people to call this one TRoW rather than RoW. (assuming the title sticks) People are still going to use RoW of course. But I'll be pushing for TRoW as much as possible myself. :)

Will be crucial when Szeth's book is The Knight of White to keep the symmetry going. :) 

43 minutes ago, Jofwu said:

I trow not. ;-) 

• Chaos locked this topic