Bunnies

Lunamor

Possible spoilers for Stormlight Archive ahead.

When Wit is making fun of Kaladin while he is in prison, he says “A bunny rabbit and a baby chick went frolicking in the grass together on a sunny day,” causing Kaladin to be very confused. This confirms that BUNNIES EXIST IN THE COSMERE! I just felt like I had to share this. :P

Edited by Lunamor

We know Scadrial has bunnies (which means Yolen does as well) since Wayne is reading a story that's clearly modeled after Watership Down during Bands of Mourning and asks VenDell if he could become a bunny.

Edited by Weltall

On 1/10/2019 at 7:04 AM, Invocation said:

Yeah, probably on Scadrial. They have everything. Also some little portions of Roshar probably have them, too.

On 1/10/2019 at 7:28 AM, RShara said:

Yeah probably Scadrial, since it's the cosmere's earth analogue. With a few exceptions, anything you find on Earth, you should be able to find on Scadrial, pre and post TFE.

Scadrial doesn't actually have moons. So they can have a benevolent deity that represents life and death but they can't have a goddamn moon.

Now that i think about it. Why don't scadrial have any moons ? Is there a particular reason why Ruin and Preservation just decided "lets not install an orbiting rock around our planet" ?

1 minute ago, goody153 said:

Scadrial doesn't actually have moons. So they can have a benevolent deity that represents life and death but they can't have a goddamn moon.

Now that i think about it. Why don't scadrial have any moons ? Is there a particular reason why Ruin and Preservation just decided "lets not install an orbiting rock around our planet" ?

Well, they made the planet, and probably didn't want to expend the extra Investiture manifestation to make the moon when it was redundant. Also possible is that Yolen does not have a moon so when they were modeling it they didn't want one. Also also possible is Preservation was already future-sighting to see that with the movement the planet would be forced to undergo, a moon wouldn't be able to handle it.

4 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Well, they made the planet, and probably didn't want to expend the extra Investiture manifestation to make the moon when it was redundant. Also possible is that Yolen does not have a moon so when they were modeling it they didn't want one. Also also possible is Preservation was already future-sighting to see that with the movement the planet would be forced to undergo, a moon wouldn't be able to handle it.

I don't think a moon actually hurts their powers. It might even insignificant. I mean remember how the well of ascension which basically little leftover power from preservation doesn't have an issue changing all people's genetics in an instant or moving the goddamn planet like nothing. Afaik Sazed doesn't even only have power over Scadrial but all the planets and sun/stars around Scadrial.

If there was a moon. It would be funny when people noticed the moon vanishing whenever Rashek or Vin moved the planet lol

10 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Cant there be a bunny planet? And a bunny Shard? Bunnies everywhere!

Well, there were three sapient races on Yolen and none of them were bunnies so no, no Bunny Shard. But for all we know, one of the original Vessels could have a thing for them and have made a planet with uplifted rabbits just because they could. We know there's at least one inhabited planet (not Braize) that has no humans so hey, until proven otherwise it might as well be Bunny Planet. Or possibly Crab Planet.

Edited by Weltall

1 minute ago, Weltall said:

Well, there were three sapient races on Yolen and none of them were bunnies so no, no Bunny Shard. But for all we know, one of the original Vessels could have a thing for them and have made a planet with uplifted rabbits just because they could. We know there's at least one inhabited planet (not Braize) that has no humans so hey, until proven otherwise it might as well be Bunny Planet. Or possibly Crab Planet.

We need a planet for my hemalurgic beaver as well. But the Cosmere is filled with space, so that could probably be solved.

22 hours ago, goody153 said:

I don't think a moon actually hurts their powers. It might even insignificant. I mean remember how the well of ascension which basically little leftover power from preservation doesn't have an issue changing all people's genetics in an instant or moving the goddamn planet like nothing. Afaik Sazed doesn't even only have power over Scadrial but all the planets and sun/stars around Scadrial.

If there was a moon. It would be funny when people noticed the moon vanishing whenever Rashek or Vin moved the planet lol

Ruin and Preservation chose the scadrian system specifically because it was empty. If there was a moon, it would kind of defeat the purpose.

On 1/14/2019 at 0:39 PM, beantheboy12 said:

Ruin and Preservation chose the scadrian system specifically because it was empty. If there was a moon, it would kind of defeat the purpose.

Scadrial isn't alone the only planet or moon around that planetary/star system tho

https://coppermind.net/wiki/Scadrian_system

There isn't anybody there but there are a bunch of moon and planets around that place.

I don't know where you got the info that Scadrial is literally the only thing there lol

Harmony's influence of power spreads around that planetary system.

Questioner

How far does Sazed's power actually extend?

Brandon Sanderson

It is mostly limited to his immediate sphere of influence, so the planet.

Questioner

...But doesn't he move stars at the end?

Brandon Sanderson

No, he moved the planet. His solar system, he can definitely have influence on the whole solar system. But none of the other planets around Scadrial are inhabited.

source

So lore-wise we don't really know why Ruin and Preservation chose not to build a moon unless Yolen doesn't have a moon and they just wanna replicate the moon.

Edited by goody153

Welp now I want a cosmere planet inhabited by sapient animals.  

Teenage Mutant Radiant Rabbits (infused by Stormlight, they fight crime and eat carrots on pizza)

Sonic the Hemalurgic Hedgehog (steals your speed? GOTTA GO FAST)

4 hours ago, Zelly said:

Welp now I want a cosmere planet inhabited by sapient animals.  

Teenage Mutant Radiant Rabbits (infused by Stormlight, they fight crime and eat carrots on pizza)

Sonic the Hemalurgic Hedgehog (steals your speed? GOTTA GO FAST)

They'd probably be more like this. The link goes to youtube. I didn't see anything in the rules about linking to external sites, but if I'm not supposed to please feel free to hide my post admins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

• Chaos locked this topic