34 minutes ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Well, we've got to finish the meeting, have Karabiner die, and then the day can end.

Speaking of the Dreamstorm, I had an idea of mafia-style tying loose ends by abandoning someone in the storm with no shelter.

When’ll the Nighthound thing start? I figured that was going to be more or less directly after?

2 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

There was speculation about the strange child Epic, but none of that was ever established. Feel free to make something up.

I do have something planned for her, but I was kind of planning for it to be a late game reveal something going on in the background that the players aren’t aware of. 

2 hours ago, Kobold King said:

Here are my notes on the Olympia Polaris Reckoner team taken from Coma's post. Anything I'm missing? I'm not gathering much in the way of the Reckoners' roles on the team, but my tired eyes might just be sliding past it.

• Jenn. Receives the most characterization of the bunch. Mocking personality. Extremely confident, perhaps too much so. Likes posing with dead Epics. Really good with weapons, be they firearms or explosives.
  • Greg. There doesn't seem to be much to say about him.
  • Connie. Ostensibly the team leader, but seems to lose this status to the more charismatic Jenn.
  • Bryce. Questions everything, or at least, is perceived by Jenn as doing so.
  • One piece of motivator tech is confirmed--an anti-gravity device they can use to levitate a stretcher.
  • No known connection between the Reckoners cell and the little girl. The little girl might be the one causing the Dream Storm, unless another Epic was revealed to be responsible for that.

This is fairly accurate.  Like I said in the PM I’ll write up some profiles for you to work with. 

2 hours ago, Kobold King said:

Oh, gotcha. I've read/skimmed through the character profiles a few times, but there's enough there that I can get mixed up easily.

So... there's really no known connection between the little girl Epic and anything going on in the city, is there?

She keeps a low profile because of her weakness.  

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

I'd completely forgotten about the Dreamstorm until now.

We should probably start ending the day soon so it actually comes into play :P

I agree!  How far has time progressed?  I’m getting caught up in the story thread but it’s tough to keep track.  I’m still slammed at work but if someone could tag me when they are ready I could do a post about Lethe going to sleep and then get the storm started.  

I could also just throw a random nap in to shake things up haha 

We are kind of hovering between three times right now. First is the meeting, which is at 5(?).  The second time we are at is the cake scene, which is when people are starting to arrive at the meeting.  The last time is Jacklyn’s interrogation, which happens a while earlier and is stalled because Mrake Darshall is busy RL right now, and thus inactive.

29 minutes ago, Comatose said:

I do have something planned for her, but I was kind of planning for it to be a late game reveal something going on in the background that the players aren’t aware of. 

This is fairly accurate.  Like I said in the PM I’ll write up some profiles for you to work with. 

She keeps a low profile because of her weakness.  

I agree!  How far has time progressed?  I’m getting caught up in the story thread but it’s tough to keep track.  I’m still slammed at work but if someone could tag me when they are ready I could do a post about Lethe going to sleep and then get the storm started.  

She could take a nap?

Spoilers for Incredibles 2: 

Spoiler

Despite strong technical prowess and a solid plan, Evelyn Deavor lacked a sufficient grasp of characterization, especially in the arena of writing believable dialogue for existing characters. This weakness is most evident in the stilted and overly expository lines she feeds to the Screenslaved Frozone, Elastigirl, and Mr. Incredible, although cracks would have been visible to the police who interrogated the pizza guy she framed, as he would have quickly failed to adopt the elevated manner of speaking he had used while under her spell. Evelyn Deavor's greatest failing as a writer was her inability to separate herself from the characters for whom she wrote. Her second greatest failing was embroiling these characters in bizarre plots that would not withstand the scrutiny of those who actually enjoyed the characters as they were. Evelyn Deavor is the true identity of Tara Gilesbie, author of the infamous Harry Potter fanfic My Immortal, and in this essay I will

Spoiler

It was a good movie, though. Not as incredible as the first, but it was a solid sequel and I enjoyed it immensely. 

5 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Hide contents

Despite strong technical prowess and a solid plan, Evelyn Deavor lacked a sufficient grasp of characterization, especially in the arena of writing believable dialogue for existing characters. This weakness is most evident in the stilted and overly expository lines she feeds to the Screenslaved Frozone, Elastigirl, and Mr. Incredible, although cracks would have been visible to the police who interrogated the pizza guy she framed, as he would have quickly failed to adopt the elevated manner of speaking he had used while under her spell. Evelyn Deavor's greatest failing as a writer was her inability to separate herself from the characters for whom she wrote. Her second greatest failing was embroiling these characters in bizarre plots that would not withstand the scrutiny of those who actually enjoyed the characters as they were. Evelyn Deavor is the true identity of Tara Gilesbie, author of the infamous Harry Potter fanfic My Immortal, and in this essay I will

Reveal hidden contents

It was a good movie, though. Not as incredible as the first, but it was a solid sequel and I enjoyed it immensely. 

Spoiler

TWILYGHT WHERE IS THE REST OF THE ESSAY?! SCRATCH THAT. I NEED THE FULL SPARKING MANIFESTO.

Spoiler

I loved it. The fight scene between Elastigirl and the fake Screenslaver while surrounded by flashing lights is legitimately one of my favorite fight scenes in any superhero movie. It just feels so intense, so chaotic, so uncomfortably close quarters. It's the only fight scene I've ever seen that's between a scrawny non-powered guy with a cattle prod against an invulnerable superhuman but still makes me feel like the superhuman is in danger.

Just now, Kobold King said:

Hide contents

TWILYGHT WHERE IS THE REST OF THE ESSAY?! SCRATCH THAT. I NEED THE FULL SPARKING MANIFESTO.

Hide contents

I loved it. The fight scene between Elastigirl and the fake Screenslaver while surrounded by flashing lights is legitimately one of my favorite fight scenes in any superhero movie. It just feels so intense, so chaotic, so uncomfortably close quarters. It's the only fight scene I've ever seen that's between a scrawny non-powered guy with a cattle prod against an invulnerable superhuman but still makes me feel like the superhuman is in danger.

8 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Raise your hand if you thought Evelyn was the real villain from the beginning!

hand remains down

6 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Have you guys watched into the spiderverse yet?

2 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Have you guys watched into the spiderverse yet?

I have, and it is also a phenomenal superhero movie. The movie hadn't even finished showing the company logos before I realized I was going to adore it.

Edited by Kobold King

I have, and it is also a phenomenal superhero movie. The movie hadn't even finished showing the company logos before I realized I was going to adore this movie.

Normally, it's the length of the company logos that gives me the first impression of a movie (usually bad because they're SO LONG) but okay. Cool.

I guess I'll pirate a copy and see what's up - I mean, I'll go to the movie bench and watch it. :ph34r:

Just now, breakingamber said:

Normally, it's the length of the company logos that gives me the first impression of a movie (usually bad because they're SO LONG) but okay. Cool.

I guess I'll pirate a copy and see what's up - I mean, I'll go to the movie bench and watch it. :ph34r:

Sony deserves your money for this, and believe me, after "The Amazing Spider-Man" franchise that's not something I'd say lightly. :P

I have, and it is also a phenomenal superhero movie. The movie hadn't even finished showing the company logos before I realized I was going to adore it.

It did such a good job with all the comic book characters. I'm not that deep of a comic book fan, like, I love them and I'm keeping up with a few series, so I'm sure there are others that noticed more, but there were so many nods. Like, there's this one moment with a poster of a cat. It's just in the background of one of the scenes, but it's an important symbol in the Spider-Gwen series. And how they include the name of the artists and the covers? And when they showed the brief glimpses of the universes, it has the right names, with 65 for Gwen, 616 for Peter B... etc, etc. And none of the references come at the cost of the story? Or character? Or theme? And the art and music all tie into everything? 

Just now, winter devotion said:

It did such a good job with all the comic book characters. I'm not that deep of a comic book fan, like, I love them and I'm keeping up with a few series, so I'm sure there are others that noticed more, but there were so many nods. Like, there's this one moment with a poster of a cat. It's just in the background of one of the scenes, but it's an important symbol in the Spider-Gwen series. And how they include the name of the artists and the covers? And when they showed the brief glimpses of the universes, it has the right names, with 65 for Gwen, 616 for Peter B... etc, etc. And none of the references come at the cost of the story? Or character? Or theme? And the art and music all tie into everything? 

It's saying a lot that I understood very few of these references yet enjoyed it as heartily as I did. Good references make the story even better for the initiated but are invisible to those who aren't.

Spoiler

Also Peni Parker is the single greatest character in cinematic history and I want an entire anime about her life.

It's saying a lot that I understood very few of these references yet enjoyed it as heartily as I did. Good references make the story even better for the initiated but are invisible to those who aren't.

Hide contents

Also Peni Parker is the single greatest character in cinematic history and I want an entire anime about her life.

Have you, by chance, ever heard of our lord and savior Neon Genesis Evangelion? It's a really pure and happy anime with a cute girls. End of Evangelion is really such an enjoyable and satisfying conclusion to the series. 

She's strongly inspired by that series. 

Just now, winter devotion said:

Have you, by chance, ever heard of our lord and savior Neon Genesis Evangelion? It's a really pure and happy anime with a cute girls. End of Evangelion is really such an enjoyable and satisfying conclusion to the series. 

She's strongly inspired by that series. 

All I know about Neon Genesis Evangelion is that it has an opening theme called "A Cruel Angel's Thesis," and that's where my knowledge stops because all I can think about is that the name reminds me of Calamity. :P

10 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

I've heard it's kinda like Madoka Magica.

Which, for those who haven't watched it, is a cute and sweet series with graffiti on an alley wall at one point early on that is in German, quoting Faust.

BTW, who wants to go next on the meeting?

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

I've heard it's kinda like Madoka Magica.

Which, for those who haven't watched it, is a cute and sweet series with graffiti on an alley wall at one point early on that is in German, quoting Faust.

BTW, who wants to go next on the meeting?

I started reading Faust because of Madoka! Did you know it's an opera?